The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Nope.

You could make a comparison but it is on a much larger scale. Plus it has way more comedy in it on the level of say a Sun Ken-Rock. Has a lot more in common with Dragon ball than Veritas.

Also like my previous post forget the high school part and I'll add as a slight spoiler focus more on the God part.

It is a fun ride though. I just got to the time skip.

I need to re-read it, but I definitely remember at one point thinking wtf happened to high school mattering. I fell off at some point. I think in season 2 maybe. It's been a long time, so I can't remember why I stopped reading.

I need to re-read it, but I definitely remember at one point thinking wtf happened to high school mattering. I fell off at some point. I think in season 2 maybe. It's been a long time, so I can't remember why I stopped reading.
:lol: I'm binging now but I can say after 10 chaps in the high school format was gone and stopped mattering.

Joint was a DBZ world tournament for like 100 chaps :lol:

I remember when they brought the HS element back in to the story even the creator knew it was a joke and covered most of it off panel :lol: Then from there its ditched. I think it's being brought back in now but with a new cast.

I almost googled this :rofl: and I'm pretty sure I've made the same joke myself before.
I can't remember the last time I used the actual title :lol: Even in my head :lol:
After making the joke over and over I've accidentally conditioned myself :lol:
Main reason I didn't list it. Also just did not rock with Shippuden.
The fillers in naruto and bleach are the reason I read so much manga/manwha/manhua nowadays and almost completely cut out anime. I just got tired of entire seasons being filler. I'd rather just read and be up to date. I can watch an important scene on youtube when it's finally adapted rather than suffering through another inconsequential arc before seeing it.
I'm up to date on GOH and it's ridiculous that highschool is even in the title :lol:
I remember when I started I thought it was gonna be another "Kid takes over school by fighting" story
tenor.gif

The fillers in naruto and bleach are the reason I read so much manga/manwha/manhua nowadays and almost completely cut out anime. I just got tired of entire seasons being filler. I'd rather just read and be up to date. I can watch an important scene on youtube when it's finally adapted rather than suffering through another inconsequential arc before seeing it.
Man, I remember when I first fully grasped the concept of anime filler and the idea that source material ran out so a studio would make up stories.

The whole Garlic Jr. arc in DBZ that I felt connected nicely to Dead Zone (back when I thought the movies were all canon). I was like none of that is in the manga? What? Then again with Pikkon :lol:

It is just terrible with Naruto and Bleach. Cuz you can so quickly tell this story isnt going to matter or this made up arc and nothing that happens will effect any character.

Its why I appreciate FMA so much more. Anime caught up with the manga and then they went forward with doing their own original story and ending it how they see fit. Also left the door open for Brotherhood which turned out to be great.

Think I briefly read a few chapters of God Of Highschool but I kind of got out of it. May watch the anime at some point though. Bleach has the worst fillers on eaeth just for the simple fact they literally stopped mid fight to go down a whole new arc. Unacceptable

Also had a friend who watched Akira for the firsr time this week off my recommendation and it blew his mind

:lol: I'm binging now but I can say after 10 chaps in the high school format was gone and stopped mattering.

Joint was a DBZ world tournament for like 100 chaps :lol:

I remember when they brought the HS element back in to the story even the creator knew it was a joke and covered most of it off panel :lol: Then from there its ditched. I think it's being brought back in now but with a new cast.

The last thing I remember is the main character being gone and his clone fighting. I'll pick it back up at some point. Maybe after 20th century boys. Just got back into The Gamer webtoon recently, it's better than I had remembered.

I can't remember the last time I used the actual title :lol: Even in my head :lol:
After making the joke over and over I've accidentally conditioned myself :lol:

I'm up to date on GOH and it's ridiculous that highschool is even in the title :lol:
I remember when I started I thought it was gonna be another "Kid takes over school by fighting" story
tenor.gif

The worst series with hiatuses is Vagabond. Inoue came back finished the farming arc, started the final arc, then went back on hiatus. I think he's back doing Real, so maybe, hopefully Vagabond is next.

Same thing with Naruto caused me to switch to manga almost exclusively.

I thought the same when I started it. Can't judge these webtoons by what they show early on. Did you ever read Noblesse? It had those high school kids, acted like they were going to be a big part of the story, then just only used them as hostages then just basically got rid of them.

just finished 1st ep of God of High school, funny and fighting is always a good combo. i did get veritas vibes off the first ep just funnier.
man this VRV free trial is only 30 days. but I want to read TOG and now GOH
also promise neverland and finish Demon slayer.
so much anime/manga/manhwa, so little time.

It almost seems very Air Gear influenced honestly.
Brings me back to the OHgreat! style
(which made 2 of my favorite series) So im down

Started watching God of Highschool after hearing good things about it. Very strong first 2 episodes with a mix of comedy and incredible action that immediately reeled me in.
I especially loved the variety of martial arts styles and how fluid those motions were., as well as the overarching mystery.

By the way, am I the only one who finds the characters’ noses weird? I think the often red/pink color of their noses

By the way, am I the only one who finds the characters’ noses weird? I think the often red/pink color of their noses
The same thing is done in the manwha/webtoon art. In most cartoons including anime that's an indication the character is drunk or has a cold but apparently its neither here.

Jojolion

Man, Araki put everything and everyone in this chapter huh. :lol:
What an interesting origin story for Rock Humans. How do the learn human language and all that while in a wasp nest though?

24 straight hours and im already at Chapter 100 of God of Highschool , im liking it.
Ive asked this question maybe a year or two ago but it reminds me now of the one manga where the girl was the protagonist, and they had old Chinese or Japanese warrior spirits inside of them fighting and it was a highschool setting.

so im in season 3 of GOH. its basically a way better version of 7 deadly sins mixed with bleach elements

Last edited:
ima jump out and say this. i love GOH. other than the extreme power ****. its a perfect mix of comedy. story. keeping all charachters relevant. jumping from past to present. new charachters. fighting. 165 chaps in. ill prob be at 200 by the end of the day

Oh wow, that escalated quickly.

Oda let y'all know this isn't gonna be some Alabasta/Dressorossla repeat.

Oh wow, that escalated quickly.

Oda let y'all know this isn't gonna be some Alabasta/Dressorossla repeat.
You know, I was skeptical before but after this chapter, I wholeheartedly agree with Oda that the Wano Arc is gonna eclipse the Marineford War in both scale and significance.

Which magi should i start with?

i know labyrith of magic was first.. but adventure of sinbad was a prequel

like with fate series and fate/zero and unlimited blade works

Back
Top Bottom