THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Odds of getting the jades under retail?

Or someone tell me they're worth it
laugh.gif
They are 1000% worth it, cheapest price is SNS $149 shipped

Nike is $168

@SNKRFollower wasn't trying to throw any shade your way bro, sorry if I came off that way....
just saying they're more likely to turn out wonky based on the materials you use
Ah, gotcha. No worries. I know the OG AM1 heads are big into the OG AM1 shape and trying to fix Nike's seeming disregard/disrespect to the shape. With this pair, though, I cared more about recreating the Pigeon Dunk as much as possible, including the use of a leather base.

And yeah, the weird gaps between the mudguard and upper are actually more accentuated by this black mesh fabric they appear to use as a buffer between the two materials. It looks like weed blocking-fabric, if you've ever planted a garden or landscaped. That's showing in the gaps, making the gaps look darker and bigger. So I think they maybe mis-cut/mis-alligned that fabric when they stitched the mudguard to the upper.

And the suede mudguard would have those widow peaks regardless of whether I used a leather or mesh base.

I love how this ID came out aesthetically, but the quality of the pair is really poor. It's just frustrating 
mean.gif

Are the tonal reds even planned for a US release? I almost wanna bite the bullet on these EU sites but I keep holding out

Last edited:
:lol: every time I cop an overseas release a cheaper option shows up a few hours later, oh well.

Last edited:
Yea about $346...they're definitely posted for $300+ for resell, just not sure if people are actually dropping that

I think they'll be worth money down the road, but not right off the bat

I haven't even copped the mushrooms. Saying that though I did double up on Jades and Fogs and got sails And black/sail. Will probably sell the doubles I got in a few years when the value goes up as you say. I'm not copping anything else until we get some decent suede/mesh releases that I really like, not buying stuff just for the sake of it when I'll hardly wear them.

I haven't even copped the mushrooms. Saying that though I did double up on Jades and Fogs and got sails And black/sail. Will probably sell the doubles I got in a few years when the value goes up as you say. I'm not copping anything else until we get some decent suede/mesh releases that I really like, not buying stuff just for the sake of it when I'll hardly wear them.
You're smart for that move...

I agree, Jades are one of the best colorways to drop in years, and materials are top notch. It blows my mind that they are just sitting around still

I need to scoop fogs and sails still, I'm good on the blacks, but down the road...I think Jades will be worth a nice chunk

I have a 20% off NDC code...this would make the Jades $128 before tax. Pull??? [emoji]128299[/emoji][emoji]128299[/emoji][emoji]128299[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom