THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Yea I'm there with you. I know they have a great return policy but I feel like ordering 3 pairs in multiple sizes knowing you'll return at least half of them is just abusing the system. Other companies don't have great return policies for exactly this reason. No shade to those that do it, I just can't bring myself to waste time time, money, and resources like that.
There could be a lot of unintended consequences with return policy abuse in general for sure. I think Nike has figured out a way to make it all work for them. Placing unwanted iDs on outlet shelves, the recycle program etc.

Air Max 1 fans are right in the middle of a test case now imo.

Price hikes to 150-160 for pairs that were 110-140 a very short time ago. Now, we are crabs in a barrel scrambling to grab these same releases once they're discounted to what the retail price should've been anyway, feeling like we got a steal... When we really got stole.

Imo, The iD price point is just the next level of Nike testing the waters to see exactly how far we are willing to go.

At this point, I've scaled down on my purchases immensely. But I still purchase alot!

I can't justify spending an additional 200+ per pair, on top of what I've already spent on other purchases, sight unseen, letting Nike hold on to my bread for 4-12 weeks without knowing what the finished product is.

All this is after they pulled the am1 from iD and let the appetite build for them.

Again, all imo, and nothing to spite any of the air Max 1 brethren here...

All are welcomed, no gatekeeping, no judgement, no hate.

OAN

Googled "Nike brush off croc" just to see what Nike released in the past that might resemble the finished product.

This is what came up. If I were a betting man, I would bet that the croc is similar to the swoosh and u throat on this first pic on the brown am1 women's release.

Or maybe the all black af1.

The other 2 are bespoke level croc. I doubt Nike would give us that.

But we will see.

Screenshot_20230816_175819_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230816_175310_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230816_175232_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230816_175218_Google.jpg

There could be a lot of unintended consequences with return policy abuse in general for sure. I think Nike has figured out a way to make it all work for them. Placing unwanted iDs on outlet shelves, the recycle program etc.

Air Max 1 fans are right in the middle of a test case now imo.

Price hikes to 150-160 for pairs that were 110-140 a very short time ago. Now, we are crabs in a barrel scrambling to grab these same releases once they're discounted to what the retail price should've been anyway, feeling like we got a steal... When we really got stole.

Imo, The iD price point is just the next level of Nike testing the waters to see exactly how far we are willing to go.

At this point, I've scaled down on my purchases immensely. But I still purchase alot!

I can't justify spending an additional 200+ per pair, on top of what I've already spent on other purchases, sight unseen, letting Nike hold on to my bread for 4-12 weeks without knowing what the finished product is.

All this is after they pulled the am1 from iD and let the appetite build for them.

Again, all imo, and nothing to spite any of the air Max 1 brethren here...

All are welcomed, no gatekeeping, no judgement, no hate.

OAN

Googled "Nike brush off croc" just to see what Nike released in the past that might resemble the finished product.

This is what came up. If I were a betting man, I would bet that the croc is similar to the swoosh and u throat on this first pic on the brown am1 women's release.

Or maybe the all black af1.

The other 2 are bespoke level croc. I doubt Nike would give us that.

But we will see.

Screenshot_20230816_175819_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230816_175310_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230816_175232_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20230816_175218_Google.jpg
It's really not Nike, it's a thing called inflation... The dollar isn't what it was worth 4 years ago, also shipping cost have went up, material cost etc... Just is what it is.... Looks like people aren't to worried and copping anton of these ids.

It's really not Nike, it's a thing called inflation... The dollar isn't what it was worth 4 years ago, also shipping cost have went up, material cost etc... Just is what it is.... Looks like people aren't to worried and copping anton of these ids.
Maaaan Nike announced a 10% price increase across the board bc "their cost had gone up blah blah blah". Guess what happened? Next quarter they had record profits. Weird how that works. Don't fall for the inflation ********. These companies are just using that for cover to max more money.

Maaaan Nike announced a 10% price increase across the board bc "their cost had gone up blah blah blah". Guess what happened? Next quarter they had record profits. Weird how that works. Don't fall for the inflation bull****. These companies are just using that for cover to max more money.
That's true too, once they know they can increase prices, then they will. Once people pay it, it'll never go back down. Crazy how corporate greed works.

Inflation is the excuse.

When analyzing the price of an item over a large amount of time you can attribute price differences to inflation.

Like a gallon of gas, or a gallon of milk over a 10 year period.

Selling an air Max 1 for 160... The same air Max 1 that was 110 just 3 years ago isn't "inflation" it's greed.

We are talking 50 bucks over a small period of time.

Even factoring in issues related to COVID-19, that's extremely STEEP.

Especially when the price of a pair of am1 from inception to shelf is a very small fraction of what we pay anyway.

Last edited:
frankmatthews frankmatthews you got some scandalous folks all up in my inbox trying to thief your pair right from under you. I'm not saying names but y'all wrong for that.

Lol I bet. It's all good they're nice but the orange isn't really what I need rn. Especially after all these nby I just purchased smh. Pass em on to a good home.

I believe some of the price increase is due to inflation but the other part is exactly what you said, nike factoring in a large amount of returns of shoes they likely won't be able to sell anywhere near retail, if at all. We're already paying for it. Buying several pairs of made to order shoes you have no intention of keeping is wild behavior imo but I definitely am not gonna have sympathy for ******* nike of all companies. But I wouldn't be surprised if they adjusted their return policy for NBY in the future.

Last edited:
I forgot they had safaris at 180, so this price point really isn't anything new... Guess the safari print was a little easier to stomach...

While people are offering up 0.5sz off IDs…

IMG_2840.jpeg

2021 options. I really love the green tone and am mad I never wear them cause of fit.
Sz10. Fit 9.5 great probably. Wore 3-5x.

I want to say cost was $140 pre-tax?
If anyone wants these for $70+shipping feel free to message and I’ll send more photos

Looking forward to receiving my designs, of course!

However, I’m also looking forward to rebounding the returned designs from ebay at below retail lol

So pretty known that most of IDs/NBY AM1s run small?

The most recent (2022) Safaris didn’t exactly fit small but was a weird height and toe box that made them uncomfortable in the usual AM1 size.

Back
Top Bottom