THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

8BED90A4-65B6-4003-8751-B0FF013B2861.jpeg
I should’ve doubled up; I’m loving these lol

I have a few pairs. At this point I'd stay away. Nothing about that shoe price makes sense. They were $1500, then tanked to like $600, then back up to $1500, then tanked again to $350 or whatever they are now? For a release that only released on his site? Makes no sense. Makes me think the fakes got them right at some point and that's what making it though now. Just my opinion, could be completely wrong. I've just never seen a shoe go that up, then down, then up, and then dooooown without having a massive restock.
Would you mind posting some pics up of the Wheats? I bought a pair from GOAT and having difficulty validating them against other authentic pairs. Your statement makes complete sense and one that I didn't think of as a reason for the price drop...smh...

Would you mind posting some pics up of the Wheats? I bought a pair from GOAT and having difficulty validating them against other authentic pairs. Your statement makes complete sense and one that I didn't think of as a reason for the price drop...smh...
Neither of my pairs came from the Travis site, both from resell sites, so they could be fake af too for all I know. I bought one pair early, then another pair when they dropped to $600. Thought I was a genius when they shot back up to $1500 lol

Oh man its one of those hobbies that you can dive crazy deep into. One time youre spending $50 for a keyboard, then next thing you know youre spending thousands just to get the right aesthetic, sound, feel, etc lol.
So you customize the keys? Or that was a limited keyboard? I'm just curious it works.

So you customize the keys? Or that was a limited keyboard? I'm just curious it works.
Yea you customize the keycaps. Its definitely a main component when it comes to customizable keyboards.

Theres 3 main components imo; Keycaps, Cases, and Switches

The keycaps basically add some character to the board. But its more than just that. There different profiles, or shapes; material its made of, colors, accents, etc. The most well known company that makes keycaps is GMK. They're a Germany based company that specializes in custom keycaps. They're expensive. I've spent $350 on a set before. But the one I have pictured are clones, basically fakes of keycaps. But they feel like the real thing.

The case is just that, the case of the keyboard. When it comes to the case, the main focuses are what its made of and what type of layout it has. Cases are mainly from from Aluminum or Polycarbonate, just a fancy word for plastic, but its really good plastic. Cases do come in various colors, just depends on which one you're buying. This is the main money grabber in the hobby in my opinion. Depending on the manufacturer, cases can range from $125 - $1000+. The layout of the keyboard is also very important. Layouts are mostly categorized by percentage. So full size keyboard, like ones you see in an office with the numpad, are categorized at 100%. Then it can go to 80%, which is the one I have pictured. 60% keyboards are the most popular when it comes to aesthetic and gaming. Its a small form factor giving you more space on the desk. I have a 60% that I use for when I'm gaming. Also how your board sounds depends greatly on the case. Most people think its the switches, but I personally believe its about the case.

Then theres switches. Switches are basically what makes the keyboard work. Its whats under the keyboard. There are 3 types of switches; Linear, Tactile, and Clicky. Linear switches actuate in a linear fashion. When you press the key to actuate, theres no bump or click. Tactile switches have a bump before it actuates. These are normally found in office type keyboards. Then theres clicky switches that are the loudest of the bunch. They're tactile switches but when you press down on them, it give a "click" sound. These are popular with "gaming" keyboards.

I'd say one of the most important things when it comes to the keyboard hobby is the sound. Like I said above, I believe its more about the case. But most importantly, its how you modify the case and the switches that will give a desired sound. Most people like whats called a "thocky" sound. Its basically the deep sound that comes from the switches and space bar stabilizers.

Another thing is the limited amount of cases and keycaps a company will put out. What usually happens is a company will put out an interest check for a case or keycap set. If it reaches a certain amount, then the product will go into a group buy which is basically a pre-order. These group buys can take up to over a year until the production is done and another couple months until they get delivered to you. This is why most keycap sets and cases can get really expensive in the resell market.

This is honestly just the tip of the ice berg when it comes the the mechanical keyboard hobby. I didn't get into types of lubes, stabilizers, the hundreds of different modifications, gasket mounted, top mounted, plate mounted, aviator cables.....

Lol I know its a lot, but if you're really interested in more, I can do my best to answer your questions but there are a lot of really good keyboard enthusiasts on Youtube who are way more knowledgeable in this hobby and have been doing it for many many years.

Edit: I forgot to say there are premade keyboards out there. Many of them aren't good, but there are some really decent ones out there. If you're really interested, Id say go with a premade one first, then find some keycaps you like and switch them out. But once you get that sweet taste of making a fully custom one, you won't want to even touch a premade keyboard haha

Last edited:
Yea you customize the keycaps. Its definitely a main component when it comes to customizable keyboards.

The keycaps basically add some character to the board. But its more than just that. There different profiles, or shapes; material its made of, colors, accents, etc. The most well known company that makes keycaps is GMK. They're a Germany based company that specializes in custom keycaps. They're expensive. I've spent $350 on a set before. But the one I have pictured are clones, basically fakes of keycaps. But they feel like the real thing.

The case is just that, the case of the keyboard. When it comes to the case, the main focuses are what its made of and what type of layout it has. Cases are mainly from from Aluminum or Polycarbonate, just a fancy word for plastic, but its really good plastic. Cases do come in various colors, just depends on which one you're buying. This is the main money grabber in the hobby in my opinion. Depending on the manufacturer, cases can range from $125 - $1000+. The layout of the keyboard is also very important. Layouts are mostly categorized by percentage. So full size keyboard, like ones you see in an office with the numpad, are categorized at 100%. Then it can go to 80%, which is the one I have pictured. 60% keyboards are the most popular when it comes to aesthetic and gaming. Its a small form factor giving you more space on the desk. I have a 60% that I use for when I'm gaming. Also how your board sounds depends greatly on the case. Most people think its the switches, but I personally believe its about the case.

Then theres switches. Switches are basically what makes the keyboard work. Its whats under the keyboard. There are 3 types of switches; Linear, Tactile, and Clicky. Linear switches actuate in a linear fashion. When you press the key to actuate, theres no bump or click. Tactile switches have a bump before it actuates. These are normally found in office type keyboards. Then theres clicky switches that are the loudest of the bunch. They're tactile switches but when you press down on them, it give a "click" sound. These are popular with "gaming" keyboards.

I'd say one of the most important things when it comes to the keyboard hobby is the sound. Like I said above, I believe its more about the case. But most importantly, its how you modify the case and the switches that will give a desired sound. Most people like whats called a "thocky" sound. Its basically the deep sound that comes from the switches and space bar stabilizers.

Another thing is the limited amount of cases and keycaps a company will put out. What usually happens is a company will put out an interest check for a case or keycap set. If it reaches a certain amount, then the product will go into a group buy which is basically a pre-order. These group buys can take up to over a year until the production is done and another couple months until they get delivered to you. This is why most keycap sets and cases can get really expensive in the resell market.

This is honestly just the tip of the ice berg when it comes the the mechanical keyboard hobby. I didn't get into types of lubes, stabilizers, the hundreds of different modifications, gasket mounted, top mounted, plate mounted, aviator cables.....

Lol I know its a lot, but if you're really interested in more, I can do my best to answer your questions but there are a lot of really good keyboard enthusiasts on Youtube who are way more knowledgeable in this hobby and have been doing it for many many years.

Edit: I forgot to say there are premade keyboards out there. Many of them aren't good, but there are some really decent ones out there. If you're really interested, Id say go with a premade one first, then find some keycaps you like and switch them out. But once you get that sweet taste of making a fully custom one, you won't want to even touch a premade keyboard haha

I know it’s not on the same level, but I really like the keyboard on the 2021 and up MacBook pros. It’s such an enjoyable typing experience. Not as loud as springy as I recall from the keyboards in the late 90s, but I like how solid the MacBook feels.

I know it’s not on the same level, but I really like the keyboard on the 2021 and up MacBook pros. It’s such an enjoyable typing experience. Not as loud as springy as I recall from the keyboards in the late 90s, but I like how solid the MacBook feels.
same here. like it so much i purchased the 14in and 16 in .. really good

Probably missed the boat on em. I doubt there were that many to begin with, especially in 12w. They flew under the reseller radar so most pairs probably went on feet.
Na I've been looking. Less than 50 total pairs have sold in stockx and none over a 10w. Maybe they were just dumb limited but odd to see literally zero pairs for any price.

Most definitely. And really, thats what it boils down to is personal preference. Just like any hobby really.

Haha I had no idea this was even a thing. Thanks for the education.

Na I've been looking. Less than 50 total pairs have sold in stockx and none over a 10w. Maybe they were just dumb limited but odd to see literally zero pairs for any price.
I don't think the drop has actually happened..

I've been watching that shoe as well and outside of a couple Instagram pics it doesn't seem to have been widely released.

I figured they are still expected to drop later this year.

Back
Top Bottom