THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

🦆
B0CD8E2C-4E0E-4D37-973C-1578F6002B15.jpeg

F11DB671-74B5-47A7-9501-E33F99C44502.jpeg

Thanks for the kind words everyone! This year has been really tough on my family and i but i am trying to keep a positive attitude lol. Just tell myself to throw on some air max 1s and to keep going.

I know there's been countless people chiming in here with awesome uplifting words - just echoing them by saying you are not alone!

I was in my first big career role post college and got slashed shortly after Covid hit. Company said they didn't need analysts at the moment. After that, I applied relentlessly to various firms, got many final rounds and many NO's! After about 7 months, I was finally in a position to pick and choose between 2 roles (one with a large IB and the other in a huge tech company).

Thankfully, I ended up making a career pivot into the tech company and role, and it has been the best decision of my life. Awesome pay, work life balance, and I work under a great team.

Long story short - you're bound to get something better... life works in mysterious ways man. Don't let a little setback destroy your hunger for greatness.

But the two shoes you mentioned aren’t all white….
You're obviously nit-picking for some odd reason, but I would advise you get your eyes checked because white is clearly a dominant color in both.

Attachments

• Patta-Nike-Air-Max-1-White-Friends-Family-On-Feet.jpeg
    Patta-Nike-Air-Max-1-White-Friends-Family-On-Feet.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 461
  • https___hypebeast.com_image_2022_05_ts-x-air-jordan-1-low-og-reverse-mocha-set-to-release-soon...jpg
    https___hypebeast.com_image_2022_05_ts-x-air-jordan-1-low-og-reverse-mocha-set-to-release-soon...jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 974
Thanks for the kind words everyone! This year has been really tough on my family and i but i am trying to keep a positive attitude lol. Just tell myself to throw on some air max 1s and to keep going.

I know there's been countless people chiming in here with awesome uplifting words - just echoing them by saying you are not alone!

I was in my first big career role post college and got slashed shortly after Covid hit. Company said they didn't need analysts at the moment. After that, I applied relentlessly to various firms, got many final rounds and many NO's! After about 7 months, I was finally in a position to pick and choose between 2 roles (one with a large IB and the other in a huge tech company).

Thankfully, I ended up making a career pivot into the tech company and role, and it has been the best decision of my life. Awesome pay, work life balance, and I work under a great team.

Long story short - you're bound to get something better... life works in mysterious ways man. Don't let a little setback destroy your hunger for greatness.

Looping in perfectchaosrei perfectchaosrei - I'll tell you what... definitely take a little bit of time off to decompress, but once that's done, just start applying aggressively. I was in the same position as king shady king shady back in 2018 and was unemployed for 7 months... **** got so depressing over time because of being unable to find the right opportunity. I was taking it casually with applying for the first 2-3 months thinking I was gonna get something by then, and it just dragged. I remember by the tail end of the 5th month at 7PM, I just sat and watched TV and nothing much cheered me up. After that, I told myself that I would never be unemployed for that long ever again. And of course as a sneakerhead, I was bound to spend money on shoes and being stupid with money at that time, I was watching my savings drain. Not all of it on shoes, but a fair fraction of it, yeah. Others were on bills where unemployment wasn't helping much. That's very tough in the Bay Area.

This is a really awkward segue from that last post, but... Speaking of being stupid with money, I found a great deal for the Kasina set and doubled up. Here's something weird though... my multicolor/orange pair has one shoe where the lateral cowhair panel is upside down and is facing up! This is one of those B-grades perhaps...

52169084984_ff11e72e3b_b.jpg

Here's the comparison pictures. It's very subtle and hard to tell, but you'll see how the messed up panel got the hair going upwards onto the Swoosh instead of brushing down in the 2nd picture.
52167721112_512757399c_b.jpg

52169318845_e61a097b5e_b.jpg

This is a really awkward segue from that last post, but... Speaking of being stupid with money, I found a great deal for the Kasina set and doubled up. Here's something weird though... my multicolor/orange pair has one shoe where the lateral cowhair panel is upside down and is facing up! This is one of those B-grades perhaps...

52169084984_ff11e72e3b_b.jpg

Here's the comparison pictures. It's very subtle and hard to tell, but you'll see how the messed up panel got the hair going upwards onto the Swoosh instead of brushing down in the 2nd picture.
52167721112_512757399c_b.jpg

52169318845_e61a097b5e_b.jpg
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have reached a new low.

First pair of Kasinas came in from Hong Kong. Surprised the inside lining is leather. Nice touch. But it's white, so it will probably get dirty. And I wanted it to come with extra laces. Overall the sneakers are really nice. Waiting on the grey pair, so I can wear them for the weekend.

Last edited:
Welp yesterday i got laid off from my WFH job and had to turn in my equipment in this morning. To make myself feel better, decided to wear my Heavys and go to the Nike Outlet

Sorry to hear that man.
No idea what qualifications you have etc. but have a look here - https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/playstation-careers/ - and if you decide to apply let me know, you can use my name as a reference, it doesn't mean your application will be successful but definitely helps, good luck

Back
Top Bottom