THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Well fellas, the NBY delay continues. Not sure if this is an automated email that is sent after a ship date passes or if it’s in addition to the email that said “your order will ship June 27. sorry here’s 15% off”.
7F5FA2AC-1D49-4A16-BD5F-D6FC6A343124.jpeg
0C028014-A09A-4168-AA4E-920CB221C868.jpeg

Damn. Is your order from Round 3 (May 23)?

If so, that’s better than mine, which has an ETA of 07/18 :emoji_sweat_smile:

Doubling back I don’t think it’s an additional delay. April 28 pairs were supposed to ship today so it has to be an automated email.
At this point, wouldn’t surprise me if I got a cancellation email. This is the kinda crap Nike does that makes me want to stop this “shoe habit” 😂😂😂

This year, I’ve only bought two shoes - these faux atmos and air trainer 1 chlorophyll.

Reactions: 907
It's gon sound like hate but then Travis joints do absolutely nothing for me.

If we removed his association with that shoe those things would rot on shelves.

on the flipside, you could say there are people staying away from this shoe precisely because of the TS association so maybe those people would buy them if his name wwasn't part of the conversation :emoji_thinking:

Man I'm old af and not sure I can name more than 3 Travis songs and I love them. If there was no collab, they wouldn’t be selling for what they are but I don't think they'd sit. Hell everything sells out these days.

So if those colors were on the usual silhouette .... folks wouldn't have interest?
Maybe on an original silohette but honestly I hate the whole shoe. Not just the colors the way they made the shoe doesn't add to the AM1 in a positive way at all.

You ever seen someone just trying to be different? Remember when Cam Newton was writing all his tweets in like hieroglyphics or some ****. This is the sneaker equivalent to that.

Yeah some will say oh that's so creative. Others will say man leave well enough alone.

Last edited:
on the flipside, you could say there are people staying away from this shoe precisely because of the TS association so maybe those people would buy them if his name wwasn't part of the conversation :emoji_thinking:

No matter how many detractors are out there the Travis name still carries a lot of weight. I would say more weight than the outcry of those who will no longer support him.

Some people really wanted these to drop even after the Festival debacle.

Nike knew they could shelve these and drop whenever off Travis hype alone.

i wish nike didn’t make the backwards swoosh synonymous with TS in general. i like the flipping of an iconic symbol and wouldn’t mind having a pair of TS 1s in my rotation but having him associated with any of those releases probably brought a **** ton of his fans who couldn’t care less about sneakers flooding into the market and increasing demand. brilliant move by nike, but it sucks for folks who just love shoes.

Yeah that's me. I'm aware Nike the company uses sweatshop labour and probably commit all manner of morally questionable acts but I can't get behind Travis Scott. Seeing Travis Scott knowingly encourage teens/young adults commit acts that could leave them with life altering injuries is irresponsible at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom