THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Damn... they couldn't offer to fix it in the system for you in case production on them hadn't started yet? Hopefully it won't be too noticeable, or it'll be cool looking even if it is.

Nah, unfortunately not. Maybe I'll be able to look past it. I'll pretend it's a "right shoe/left shoe factory flaw..." :lol:

Let me put a disclaimer first that I’m no Nightwing when it comes to materials and quality:

With that being said, these look and feel fantastic. The suede is butter, leather has a nice tumble, and build quality looks great to me.

My grade is an AM1 home run by Nike. It’s not often, but when they do a good job, credit is given where it’s due (2 pics ended up being really similar angles but oh well. If anyone wants a specific angle or shot just let me know)
3C2BAC8B-AF0B-4228-8697-45D939BE59D2.jpeg
E89F5F82-F0A2-461D-B608-9CCAE53DAB7C.jpeg
5D6CD778-0A9E-487E-918B-2DD6B56F8915.jpeg
19B26099-AA85-4756-9CA5-F397FCF7E491.jpeg
9E720B8A-487D-4CA8-A23D-4A9A42FD41D2.jpeg
I’m happy I went with the same 2 suedes on my uppers. Nice work on your pair!

DecepticonRumble DecepticonRumble - ooh, that actually would not be a bad idea since suede is basically a type of leather, right? I'll take that into consideration, thank you!
For sure. Like I said I’ve watched videos of people sanding leather to make it a nice smooth suede. If that works and the hairy suede gets a trim they might match. Good luck and post pics if you do it.

Last edited:
Let me put a disclaimer first that I’m no Nightwing when it comes to materials and quality:

With that being said, these look and feel fantastic. The suede is butter, leather has a nice tumble, and build quality looks great to me.

My grade is an AM1 home run by Nike. It’s not often, but when they do a good job, credit is given where it’s due (2 pics ended up being really similar angles but oh well. If anyone wants a specific angle or shot just let me know)
Are the uppers of the two shoes different colors or is the lighting wonky? It looks like the left shoe is darker than the right, like the left is curry and the right is more golden?

Angelus paint and a fine detail brush will fix that. That’s my plan if mine arrive with that white edge.

True... but I'm lazy nowadays lol.

If I could design again, or they restock :emoji_eyes: , I think I'd opt for the Suede Swooshes this time around (if the same color is available). I want to see more final products with the Suede Swooshes for comparison.

Looking good. Did you mismatched the panels? Colorwise they look different.

If you get your color/material detail from nike chat, these were the options that could have been either the same or mismatched...
If you want a piece of mind about your options that you chose, I would check it. This was my gripe yesterday about Nike rushing you to order right away, mistakes can happen.

Left Vamp / Underlay
Right Vamp / Underlay

Left Quarter / Foxing
Right Quarter / Foxing

Left Mudguard
Right Mudguard

Left Swoosh
Right Swoosh

Left Tongue / Lining
Right Tongue / Lining

Last edited:
These are nice! I call 21 Mercer every month for an update on the Bespoke program. It's still in a holding pattern, but it doesn't look good IMO. I wanted to make a pair this past Dec to have in hand for my 40th birthday in a couple weeks. Hopefully they start it back up.

Someone on IG informed me they stopped it in 2020. They said they knew the peeps who worked on it and informed them it had been stopped due to covid. Hopefully they start it up again soon

Lol bruh you late to the party, 1st round was last week, 2 round was Thursday sold out in a 2-3 hours if not less
Yea I was. Naive of me to think that there was no action on this page as my Kobe pages have had all the energy with the prospective release where so far has come with no luck for meand I wasn't getting any notifications for the AM1 page. Then when I got the NBY notification I immediately seeked this page and saw what I've missed.

Also btw... got my Rakuten credit with emailing them. So essentially 162 for em. Lets see how they are in person.

The leather looks good on the toe box. If I get another chance to make another pair or 2, differently gonna use the leather option

Hopefully, it’ll just be a Nike app exclusive like all the other Unlocked models in the past. By that, I mean just having the app would grant you access to order (no design limit as well lol).

If you have the Pattas... did you go with the same size with them for these. Cuz my dilemma when I was seeking out the Monarchs... I thought I was good with the 11.5 being my only other AM... atmos 2.0 was 11.5 but joints were to big so had to seek out an 11.

Back
Top Bottom