THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I actually think the blue shouldve dropped first. It really appeals to the wave design.

Otherwise I do think the oranges continue to drop a bit and then go up with time.

Who knows really though.

I'm always curious about this 'cost focus' for sneakers. As an old dude, this was never really much of an aspect of people's interest in sneakers (I'm talking back in the 80s and early 90s). Now, economics is THE most prolific aspect of sneakers. Personally, the ONLY part of how much sneakers cost to me is whether I can afford them. It's basically a question of "how badly do I want them and can I afford them". Besides that, I don't care if I, or anyone else, pay $50 or $5000 for the same pair. Does that make sense? I mean, if I see someone with a dope pair, it's not like they're any cooler (to me) if they got them for a steal. And in the same vein, they're not any less cool because the person paid what is perceived as too much for them. They're just cool sneakers to me. The idea of 'value' is only interesting/important if you're looking to re-sell items, in my opinion (well, and in terms of insurance, I suppose). Anyway, I know I'm old and different, but it's just still weird to me how the vast majority of talk regarding a new sneaker release is about the price, and so much less about materials, colors... etc.

Last edited:
0E5D22D8-40BA-436A-A775-375A3C5573AA.jpeg

I'm always curious about this 'cost focus' for sneakers. As an old dude, this was never really much of an aspect of people's interest in sneakers (I'm talking back in the 80s and early 90s). Now, economics is THE most prolific aspect of sneakers. Personally, the ONLY part of how much sneakers cost to me is whether I can afford them. It's basically a question of "how badly do I want them and can I afford them". Besides that, I don't care if I, or anyone else, pay $50 or $5000 for the same pair. Does that make sense? I mean, if I see someone with a dope pair, it's not like they're any cooler (to me) if they got them for a steal. And in the same vein, they're not any less cool because the person paid what is perceived as too much for them. They're just cool sneakers to me. The idea of 'value' is only interesting/important if you're looking to re-sell items, in my opinion (well, and in terms of insurance, I suppose). Anyway, I know I'm old and different, but it's just still weird to me how the vast majority talk regarding a new sneaker release is about the price, and so much less about materials, colors... etc.
I'm with you here. It's silly, and I think it gets perpetuated by resale companies and the blogs/platforms that are partnered with them. So many people now have ONLY gotten into sneakers in the major resell era of goat and stockx so they don't know any better. They don't know how bad nike/JB quality was from like 2005-2014 before the jordan brand remasters started. I swear people don't even google image anymore, they just look at stockx to find out information. Nicekicks IG posted a photo of travis scott wearing freddy kreuger SBs recently and finished the post with a slide of the stockx product page showing prices. People on FB marketplace groups post screenshots of stockx and say a price that's like $20 less acting like they're giving it away. Shoes have become monetized to the point where they're seen for their value more so than their aesthetic or comfort - if not more, at least the same or close.

I saw this tweet, too. Some kid was outraged that notre was using a busted old shoe as a doorstop and immediately just pulled up the stockx screenshot, because dummies only see money now

we wouldn't be talking about the price if not for resale - and us trying to figure out the best time to get in to get the best price. it's sad that resale has ****** everything up. we usually talk about the colorway and materials before it drops. once it drops we are all trying to get the best price to get the least ******.

we wouldn't be talking about the price if not for resale - and us trying to figure out the best time to get in to get the best price. it's sad that resale has ****ed everything up. we usually talk about the colorway and materials before it drops. once it drops we are all trying to get the best price to get the least ****ed.
honestly we're all just lookin for a deal OR what they should be selling for out the shop. Cant keep this up if you keep paying resale, 50-100 bucks adds up

honestly we're all just lookin for a deal OR what they should be selling for out the shop. Cant keep this up if you keep paying resale, 50-100 bucks adds up

Yeah, this is what makes it super sad to me. Dudes that are truly into sneakers but it's basically getting too expensive to fully enjoy (even though the base value (ie retail) of the shoes isn't out of bounds). This is really disheartening to me. It's one thing if people are into super expensive watches or something. But these are Nike shoes.

I’m not going to complain. I don’t have as many shoes as most of you guys, but I know it’s way too many. Some I haven’t even worn or even looked at in years. This is why I try to only buy for retail or less. There’s always going to be a new release that “I have to have”! If you miss out on this release, oh well. Move on to the next one.

Its moreso about the principles for me, the less resellers make today, the less likely they are too buy a whole bunch of shoes in the future, or at least thats what i hope happens. I entered the end raffle, so the resell is only 20 bucks more right now anyways, but principles, lol.

I'm always curious about this 'cost focus' for sneakers. As an old dude, this was never really much of an aspect of people's interest in sneakers (I'm talking back in the 80s and early 90s). Now, economics is THE most prolific aspect of sneakers. Personally, the ONLY part of how much sneakers cost to me is whether I can afford them. It's basically a question of "how badly do I want them and can I afford them". Besides that, I don't care if I, or anyone else, pay $50 or $5000 for the same pair. Does that make sense? I mean, if I see someone with a dope pair, it's not like they're any cooler (to me) if they got them for a steal. And in the same vein, they're not any less cool because the person paid what is perceived as too much for them. They're just cool sneakers to me. The idea of 'value' is only interesting/important if you're looking to re-sell items, in my opinion (well, and in terms of insurance, I suppose). Anyway, I know I'm old and different, but it's just still weird to me how the vast majority of talk regarding a new sneaker release is about the price, and so much less about materials, colors... etc.
I mean, trying to buy them as cheap as possible makes a lot of sense. Paying resell already sucks so overpaying in resell is even worse. Saving $100 on this pair is $100 to go to the next pair.

I mean, trying to buy them as cheap as possible makes a lot of sense. Paying resell already sucks so overpaying in resell is even worse. Saving $100 on this pair is $100 to go to the next pair.

I am playing this game of chicken right on the Salehe Bembury x 574 NB. I got in too early with the AirMax and trying not to do it again with the these New Balance. It's so hard to guess where they will do.

Why aint these prices sinking. someone selling for $290 locally but I gotta pick up. Might fold but **** if I could get these for 260 id be down with that

Exactly. Had you paid resale on release day you could buy 2 pairs of waves for that price today. Gotta be smart, although more often than not I get in too early on resale AM1s. Tough to gauge the short term price fluctuations

Why aint these prices sinking. someone selling for $290 locally but I gotta pick up. Might fold but **** if I could get these for 260 id be down with that
Have you tried talking him down? Depending on distance, that usually automatically knocks off $20 on the price lol.

dope shirt.

im still looking for a sade tee, being a fan of her for decades, can't find any shirt, besides the typical supreme one,
and ain't no way paying resale for it. i remember when it released, so many of these resellers/hypebeast snatched them all up,
but yet can't even name at least one of her songs or an album. smh but then again can't hate the game.

the most annoying part of paying resale is when the seller doesn't budge on their price and act like giving a $20 price cut off of a shoe that's being sold at 200% of it's retail price is a ridiculous proposition then proceed act like an
entitled prick.

*rant over*
I cant even get old fart new balances anymore. been looking for those 1700s. **** those ugly *** bemburys with the recorder on the back sold out. what has this world come to

Back
Top Bottom