THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

CZ8138-100

XXXX - CZ8138-100 - 101.png XXXX - CZ8138-100 - 102.png XXXX - CZ8138-100 - 103.png XXXX - CZ8138-100 - 104.png XXXX - CZ8138-100 - 105.png XXXX - CZ8138-100 - 106.png XXXX - CZ8138-100 - 108.png XXXX - CZ8138-100 - 111.png

Speaking of obsidians. I cleaned mine up and threw them in the wash the other day and when they dried they had this wild dye stain all over both toeboxes. I guess the navy bled into the mesh. I never had that issue with any of my other anniversaries.

I think it’s crazy you guys throw them in the washing machine man.

This!

Throwing sneakers in the washing machine is what we did with our bobo's/skippy's when we were little kids. :lol:

Hand wash only for kicks you actually care about. dtb00201 dtb00201 you're lucky this is the first time that's happened to you.

As long as it’s not suede, I hand scrub them with brushes and then throw them in those reshoevn8r washing bags with the insoles and laces out on a gentle cycle with cold water and a little bit of detergent. I’ll be honest, I’ve done this so long that I’ll probably keep doing it even after this :lol:. 99% of the time they come out looking damn near brand new.

100% agree. Don’t use a scrub on suede. Not even soft bristle tooth brush. I wore some selvedge jeans that I thought the dye was all gone and ready to go, and it left a bit of Jean stain on the suede. Using a tooth brush, even thought it’s a soft bristle, was a huge mistake. It‘s not too bad, but any type of brush on suede is a no go.

Denham raffle is up on end. Are they releasing on NDC as well? I see the shoes loaded up on the website but not on snkrs app

Denham raffle is up on end. Are they releasing on NDC as well? I see the shoes loaded up on the website but not on snkrs app

Weird that they’re cheaper on END. Not that anyone will win anyways.

100% agree. Don’t use a scrub on suede. Not even soft bristle tooth brush. I wore some selvedge jeans that I thought the dye was all gone and ready to go, and it left a bit of Jean stain on the suede. Using a tooth brush, even thought it’s a soft bristle, was a huge mistake. It‘s not too bad, but any type of brush on suede is a no go.

If you take your suede shoes to a shoe repair shop or cobbler they will definitely use brushes to clean them.

When you tried cleaning your shoes I would guess you ended up spreading the stain around. The problem is that your jeans dyed the suede, it's really hard to get a dye out. Even with soap if the dye gets into the fibers you might only be able to fade it out, the only full solution would probably be to re-dye the suede.

I think it’s crazy you guys throw them in the washing machine man. Lol. I’ve never done that before

When someone in here did it and posted pics of their Red Anni’s after the fact, that’s all I do now

Unfortunately I sold my Wmns obsidians (got good use out of them) but I washed them with insole still intact and came out great

Because I washed with clothes, it also had the smell of fabric softener lol

Even better if you can message the seller and ask for a direct PayPal invoice to avoid that sales tax! Ebay message filters are pretty good, so you have to send your message as a screenshot/attachment or they'll block it.

I have a photo of my email scrawled on a post-it, saved to desktop for this purpose ha. I agree it's a good move but more effort than it's worth sometimes.

Even better if you can message the seller and ask for a direct PayPal invoice to avoid that sales tax! Ebay message filters are pretty good, so you have to send your message as a screenshot/attachment or they'll block it.

Haha i had my account flagged and put on a 2 week hold once for doing this. I just listed a few pairs that would never get worn and now with ebay not taking fee's and the ease of purchasing the shipping label through them i don't even mind it. As a seller that is. I still get the tax from the buyers point though.

in the description of my listings ill say " message me via instagram @ ...." but the picture with email is gold
With no fees over $100 whats the benefit to the seller for doing a PP invoice instead? Unless we are not talking sneaker sales here.

I threw in a little detergent. I’ve done this a million times over the years and this is the first time I’ve had an issue. I literally did my royal anniversaries right before these and didn’t have an issue.

This was after cleaning the toebox again after it dried. A lot of it came out, except the corners dried and still had stains. I’ll probably clean them again until it comes out completely.

Ran into this same problem a month or so ago. Asked for tips, got nothing lol.

You have to keep cleaning them. Try stuffing w newspaper or something. It helps pull the dirt/dye out. Short version of a longer explanation.

If you take your suede shoes to a shoe repair shop or cobbler they will definitely use brushes to clean them.

When you tried cleaning your shoes I would guess you ended up spreading the stain around. The problem is that your jeans dyed the suede, it's really hard to get a dye out. Even with soap if the dye gets into the fibers you might only be able to fade it out, the only full solution would probably be to re-dye the suede.

I got most of the dye out of the suede because the jeans I wore had been soaked a few times already. I’m sure the cobbler uses brushes, but what I meant to say is that it’s probably not good with nikes cheap suede. It sorta frayed out. It definitely feels weaker when I used a brush

Back
Top Bottom