THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I get that, bro - but I'm asking what is so special about Sean Wotherspoon. Why is his clout so big (not asking in a disrespectful way). Is he also a YouTube star or something? I only know him in the context of the Round Two shops. Also feels bad for the dude's apparent hirsutism.
Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 10.04.37 AM.png
i honestly dont have any clue either.

:lol:@ hirsutism

I'm so old that my mind can't grasp why Sean Wotherspoon holds such value... I understand that he's popular with little kids, but my God. Dude has some second-hand shops - what am I missing?
I don't think it's bc of him. I think it's bc it's a great colorway and it was a hyped/limited AMD release. They could have released that shoe for AM18 without his name and it still would be just as coveted as it is now.

I don't think it's bc of him. I think it's bc it's a great colorway and it was a hyped/limited AMD release. They could have released that shoe for AM18 without his name and it still would be just as coveted as it is now.
true, i think its definitely the colorway + overall concept/idea behind the design.

The SW's would've been big regardless...but half of the demand for that shoe is definitely driven by social media i.e, ytber's, celebs, and news outlets like complex, hypebeast etc. Not to mention the mass amount of marketing Nike themselves put behind the shoe. I can't count how many people named it the shoe of the year (2017) and some people had it as their shoe of the year in '18.

It was marketed well. It's a solid shoe unlike anything else Nike has put out in terms of materials, colorway, and silhouette. Voting aside, most people do seem to like the shoe a whole lot. They were difficult to get, sold out instantly and many pairs are actually worn and beaten up. People bought multiple pairs at resell prices. Not all that complicated to see IMO.

I've never liked black/red Jordan 1s but I certainly understand why they're so coveted and adored.

Sold my one pair of SW's that were too big for me. That was while I was buying/moving to a new house in the fall, needed some cash. but damn, hate ot look back at things i've moved from, value "usually always" goes up with time.

Have a 9.5 in SW, and it’s one of the more unique Nikes I own. Wear them a lot and got custom patches. Is my only shot at a legitimate pair of 9 or 9.5 in used and fairly beat up condition Goat? Not sure of any other sites than can verify used shoes. Love how the cord frayed on my little guy’s pair.

Last edited:
Not that serious stop being sensitive

except it is

this is a public forum w/over 100k members.....statistically someone on here has been personally affected by some form of sexual assault and/or rape

I'm one of the most un-pc types you'll encounter but "rape" isn't a tern to take lightly and even if it doesn't bother you or I to see it used as a way to describe overpriced sneakers/gear its a rule here too

I had $500 bucks credit at Round two, was gonna pull the trigger on a 2nd pair of SW but passed

:smh:

I have to admit that sometimes I still use it. Just a bad habit from years of use that I'm trying to correct. More so in real life bc I can hit backspace on a keyboard and correct myself.

my b. its an old bad habit that seldom surfaces. the term has been used on this forum loosely to describe incredulous prices that i got used to it. i'll be more cautious.

The main problem with SWs (if you dig them in the first place) is the fact they're like slow cookers for feet, the damn things just don't breathe at all :smh: I normally don't rate hybrids, but imo it's a well designed shoe (from an aesthetic point of view) with decent colour blocking / materials. Also the liner makes socks bunch up too.

Good winter beach shoes..
IMG_3585.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom