THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Always worth posting this once in a while. What a fantastic project this was.
3-Decades-of-Air-nike-37446_1024_768.jpg

I need every shoe in column 1 and 2
and every shoe in row 4

Last edited:
Give me row 1 and I could be content for life honestly. Live in og reds, Infrared, and Silver Bullets. Neons and Ultramarines to mix it up.

Only other pairs on the board I'd even care to own would be the BRS and Lemonades.

I just wrote up a long "history lesson" in a different forum because of a discussion as to why AM1 "HOA" are referred to as a "2005" shoe, when they say "2006" on the size tag. I thought I'd copy+paste my reply in here in case it has interest for anyone (if not, just ignore it, please):

WARNING: HISTORY LESSON.
It's a bit tricky with associating years to shoe names sometimes. The truth is, most people that are into sneakers these days either aren't old enough to remember the actual release times, or they are old enough, but weren't into these sneakers at the time. As such, most people go by the dates on the size-tags to reference a year to associate with a particular shoe. But should it really be the "production date" or the "release date" that should be used? Well, for new stuff, like 2017 and 2018, people seem to use the release dates (at least for now... we'll see if that changes in 5-10 years). So, as for this HOA release, people generally refer to them as 2005 although they weren't released till 2006. Nike did their biggest celebration of Air Max up till that point that year, with the release of the "History of Air" pack, which was a retro of the most succesful Air Max releases in their original colorways (AM1, AM90, AM180, AM93, AM95, AM97 and AM03). Following that, Nike did their big "3 Decades of Cushioning" pack (commonly known as the "Powerwall" pack), which saw releases of a selection of the most iconic Nike Air cushioning products, personally selected by Mark Parker, featuring concepts in 56 colors and 32 graphic applications, displayed on the same 7 silhouettes used in HOA release - plus the new Air Max 360. Keep in mind, all of these promotional Air Max efforts from Nike were intended to create excitement about the Air Max 360.

Repped.

HOA was such a great pack and great time to be into Air Max. I was broke and finishing up my undergrad when they came out. 1’s and 90’s sat at my local Foot Lockers which was great for my pathetic budget at the time.

for me it's a big no, just impossible to put them at my feet (moreover so ridiculous the hair on the tongue, but each his own tastes they are just not for me)

after for collectors it's a good pair for sure

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom