THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

That kid is like 14 and he sells to celebs, not you and I. I'm sure Sean's a cool dude to grab a beer with but it doesn't change the fact that his business model screws guys like you and I.

Boomin' kid is a dweeb but I can't knock the kids entrepreneurship.
As for Sean, I thought his main business was in vintage clothing. I run a side business dealing vintage furniture and can say that I have a strong appreciation for the hard work that goes into sourcing and curating a vintage collection for a willing buyer.

I can understand why reselling modern releases would make sense to support and supplement his business. Does it suck? yes. But I'm willing to bet others would follow the same path if they were in that same business.

I'm not saying I support reselling. Just that I get some of the realities and perhaps it's a bit easy to jump to conclusions.

true that, I've sold off stuff I'm no longer interested in, and if I were to business of selling shoes I'd go with what's hot. if I didn't care so much about copping, I wouldn't care so much.

Speaking of hybrids,
tmpgklxwtfpt8uym4pcs.jpg

Boomin' kid is a dweeb but I can't knock the kids entrepreneurship.
As for Sean, I thought his main business was in vintage clothing. I run a side business dealing vintage furniture and can say that I have a strong appreciation for the hard work that goes into sourcing and curating a vintage collection for a willing buyer.

I can understand why reselling modern releases would make sense to support and supplement his business. Does it suck? yes. But I'm willing to bet others would follow the same path if they were in that same business.

I'm not saying I support reselling. Just that I get some of the realities and perhaps it's a bit easy to jump to conclusions.
I'm cool with the vintage selling. Guys like Gusto and Doggsfoot put in serious work to find that stuff. A lot of it wouldn't be available for sale or resto if not for them. It's the hoarding of new releases to sell at huge profit that irks me. That's his hustle. I get it. I'm not saying he's a bad person. I just don't think that's the type person Nike should cosign with a collab.

All this talk of a Sean that isn't me I could give less than a damb about. Don't care about whatever he does reselling or whatever, his AMs dropping next year are trash. All I need are those royals and obisidians (please lord almighty let it happen) and I'm good

I'm cool with the vintage selling. Guys like Gusto and Doggsfoot put in serious work to find that stuff. A lot of it wouldn't be available for sale or resto if not for them. It's the hoarding of new releases to sell at huge profit that irks me. That's his hustle. I get it. I'm not saying he's a bad person. I just don't think that's the type person Nike should cosign with a collab.
I see what you're saying, but we got collabs from rapists, criminals, Youtubers, shady characters. Brands having whatever manufacturing conditions. Are we really buying the shoe because of their character and how the collaborater makes money or are we buying the shoe because we like it and want to wear it.

Capitalism, there's always going to be resellers with bots buying up every pair on a limited release. I really don't knock him for it. He's just playing the game and the brands allow it to happen. If not him it'll be someone else. And people really like his stores.

I think he design is cool. I like 97 and 95 uppers but hate the midsoles. I like the use of different and high quality materials. I hope that's what this release is about. I'm not into the details that promote his store. I don't think that's what the release should be about.

I see what you're saying, but we got collabs from rapists, criminals, Youtubers, shady characters. Brands having whatever manufacturing conditions. Are we really buying the shoe because of their character and how the collaborater makes money or are we buying the shoe because we like it and want to wear it.

Capitalism, there's always going to be resellers with bots buying up every pair on a limited release. I really don't knock him for it. He's just playing the game and the brands allow it to happen. If not him it'll be someone else. And people really like his stores.

I think he design is cool. I like 97 and 95 uppers but hate the midsoles. I like the use of different and high quality materials. I hope that's what this release is about. I'm not into the details that promote his store. I don't think that's what the release should be about.
I'm not here to tell anyone else to not buy it. You do you. I was just voicing my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom