THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

are u serious?
Yeah I'm serious. If no one resold shoes then how could you get something you missed or had no access to? I dont wear any Adidas products but I use profits from them to buy Nikes that I miss. Its just a part of the game and always has been, you keep crying about resellers, but if theres profit to made theres gonna be someone willing to get in your way for it.

Last edited:
jp7891 jp7891 is that really how you think he meant it?

what I take is that he's salty that people who've been into the 87 for the long haul, through the terrible shape yrs and stayed loyal were left holding their $ or shelling out $$$$ in order to get the kicks they love because all of a sudden the air max 1 is the flavor of the moment.

don't think he ever said only xyz is allowed to own any shoe.

I never understood the hate for resellers, if there were no resellers then there would be no secondary market and people would have no shot for shoes they missed. I tend to just move on after striking out but I understand their place in the shoe game.
Secondary market wouldn't be needed because they would not get sold out so quick. Thus making room for everyone who actually wanted to buy the shoe successfully.

@jp7891 is that really how you think he meant it?

what I take is that he's salty that people who've been into the 87 for the long haul, through the terrible shape yrs and stayed loyal were left holding their $ or shelling out $$$$ in order to get the kicks they love because all of a sudden the air max 1 is the flavor of the moment.

don't think he ever said only xyz is allowed to own any shoe.
Then he should put his anger towards Nike not those people because those people he's bashing are doing it for the same reason he is with the Yeezy.

Money

Once again a case of

I can see your point but homie sold me a hot resell shoe for retail so it's hard for me to see it from your side regardless of how you feel.

I fully admit I'm a hypocrite when it comes to reselling. I've flipped 3 pair in the last year, iirc. 2 AF1 SF Olive and a pair of Yeezy Breds.

It's just different when it comes to AM1's.
grin.gif

ahaha y'all sounds like some 4th graders on the playground with that bull**** talkin about what a hypebeast or a reseller is. What happens when you sell something you previously bought? You resell it. Couple months ago I shared some huf am1s I've picked up. I've since sold them for $40 less than I paid after wearing them a couple times because I'm worried about wearability down the line and don't wanna have a blowout if I'm walkin around in em one day. I had a pair of AJ1s that I bought DS and they didn't fit me, needed a quick sale so sold them for $40 cheaper again. I've also bought stuff new and used, old and new releases, that I've resold for profit. I've given out steals, I've raked in double of what I paid. Win some, lose some. Bottom line, if you've ever bought a pair of shoes for any price off a third party seller or person, you support reselling. If you've ever sold anything to anyone, you're a reseller. In fact I'm sure a lot of us here wouldn't even have most of our shoes if not for resellers on ebay, facebook, klekt, etc. So get over it, get over yourselves. And we all have a little hypebeast in us if we're on forums like this.

Last edited:
I copped a supreme north face last wk solely with the intentions of storing if for 3-5yrs and then flipping it for $.

I give zero eeF's what others do with their $

I copped a supreme north face last wk solely with the intentions of storing if for 3-5yrs and then flipping it for $.

That Trans Antarctica Pullover was nice, I would have had a go at copping if it didn't have the big American flag on the back (Nothing against America Btw) I'm British so I'd look stupid with a big american flag on my jacket aha. They should have put the British flag on it to sell at London store, *** flag to sell at *** store etc. That would have been a better touch.

You must agree it's messed up that over half the "got em'" raffle mails end up on e-bay right after draw tho right? Nike made it's own poor mans lottery. It's not just about flippin' yo!

I'm a sucker for patriotism so I dug them

Well you're American, I expect no less. I'm also patriotic but I'm British so British flag on it would have been better for me. Just surprised they didn't switch the flag up to sell at other stores around the world.

Well you're American, I expect no less. I'm also patriotic but I'm British so British flag on it would have been better for me. Just surprised they didn't switch the flag up to sell at other stores around the world.
Man, collectibility would've been through the roof if they did this.

I literally only own one thing from Supreme (5 panel hat) and don't necessarily care for the hype, but that would've been cool. I would've copped a Korean or Canadian flag in a heartbeat

Back
Top Bottom