THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I feel honored to be a part of this list. Real talk, I'm a bit diff in other forums I'm a part of. For example, I'm extremely welcoming and nurturing towards newbies in car forums, often times defending them.

I think the difference is that in car forums, newbies want to learn and are just asking for information on parts etc that is abundant within the market. Its also esoteric wherein even newbies are about the culture, so the "hypebeast" of that world dont tend be on forums. I guess I feel new comers in other types of forums are more genuine with their motive in accounts, posts and questions. Sorry if this comes off as pretentious. I truly do not mean it that way.
Car forum's are the best imo i love giving info and also ask for it too hahah when it comes to this sneaker forum we are all superior to one another. Im more or a nike and new balance is king type of person.

Just pulled these out. I hope to have the 2017 pair! I wish I kept my 2nd pair of the 09's...sold them for outlet price to a friend smh

Called up Nike town London earlier... They said not opening till 9, so online first, hopefully be handing out tickets in line like JB launches... Dude said the numbers will be low

If I can get my hands on a sz. 12 of the OG reds, I'll be set. But it seems it's going to take some work.

Tier Zero?? Define please
retail stores have certain relationships with nike to acquire a certain status in account(s).  those with enough clout, sales, etc can have tier zero accounts, if thats what theyre looking to do.  these accounts get certain releases that are considered exclusive as opposed to general release.  i dont know how a retailer applies and bridges gaps within each account, but this is the gist of it.  theres are a few types of accounts a retailer can have.  someone correct me if im wrong or add info as needed. 

1. SB (Nike Skateboarding) 
2. Urban Energy 
3. Indie Energy 
3. Elite Energy (Journeys and Urban Outfitters) 
4. Lifestyle (LS) 
5. JB (Jordan Brand) 
6. Inline (General Mall type accounts. Also referred to as Tier 1) 
7. Specialty Running 
8. Quickstrike (refers to allocation numbers) 
9. NKE 6.0
10. One Door 
11. Tier Zero (Supreme, kith, atmos etc) 

its all based on location and what type of sales said store can make for nike.  i think.  for example, the local spot in my town, called snekerology has a few locations on long island, but the one in my town doesnt even have an urban account to sell sbs.  thats because there isnt a market in this town for sbs.  you will find a grip of flyknit, lunar and all that other running stuff.  again, because nike recognizes what sells here, so they wont ever okay a significant sportswear account to the local sneakerology.  whereas, they would consider such at the americana mall up in manhassett.  because little rich kids will eat up whatever hype nike can sell over there. long story short, if the elephants were tier zero, you could only initially acquire them in tier zero account stores.  

Last edited:
Car forum's are the best imo i love giving info and also ask for it too hahah when it comes to this sneaker forum we are all superior to one another. Im more or a nike and new balance is king type of person.

Just pulled these out. I hope to have the 2017 pair! I wish I kept my 2nd pair of the 09's...sold them for outlet price to a friend smh

At least to a friend [emoji]128521[/emoji]

atmos look ok. won't be too disappointed if I end up striking out on them. famous last words lol.
I would like a pair, gunning for the Reds and Royals - I'm beginning to think there just might be a real inconsistency of quality control

And a lot of the times angles of pictures can play a role as well, I'm going to try for a pair - but don't want them as bad as OGs

Shape on the atmos looks to be more similar to the original men's pinnacle. The mudguard extends out beyond the sole in the toe region. No thanks!

Atmos is simply exact the same shape as most China cws of the last years, as I've illustrated a week or 2 ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom