THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

i dont mind the aforementioned.  for art's sake, its cool.  rather look at that than stock photos. 

We seem to have identical taste. You're my sneaker spirit animal.

singledout singledout has unquestionably the best taste in 87's….

you see his bespokes? the BRS pair he has? greystones, usa's and the list goes on & on….

props to you man, from what i've seen you post you're south of 30yrs old or close to it but usually people in that group are more into the boost/yezzy lane.

old sneaker guys like me(36) appreciate the classics for nostalgia and in some cases, craftsmanship. good to see a young head with similar taste.

Ima laugh when the real shape is that good. And then be upset if its not......

I really want the OG flyknits.....but.....I just copped two of my all time grails. Even though most of you hate the "new, new" I think its a pretty Iconic moment. Nike is putting flyknit on the greatest shoe ever. Even though its not the way we all pictured it, i still think its dope. 

And @FrankWh1te  did you say you have 5 HOAs!? 

Haha thats baller. Rep on dat.

@SingledOut has unquestionably the best taste in 87's….

you see his bespokes? the BRS pair he has? greystones, usa's and the list goes on & on….

props to you man, from what i've seen you post you're south of 30yrs old or close to it but usually people in that group are more into the boost/yezzy lane.

old sneaker guys like me(36) appreciate the classics for nostalgia and in some cases, craftsmanship. good to see a young head with similar taste.
Haha thanks bro! Although now I feel like I've let you down....I recently parted ways with some of those stated above. I sold BRS and Lucky Greens together for $3,400 plus fees/shipping...I couldn't say no to that offer!! And I dumped my USAs too....still got greystones, can't let go of the simple classics 
smokin.gif

Sometimes its just fun to switch things up, and cash in. After all, they are just  shoes, right? 

I am all for the craftsman ship though... hence why I love the older 2000 pairs and have been swooping up as many studio iDs I can find!

EDIT: I do own one pair of 350s though..got for retail and they are comfy haha - but AM1s are still life.

Last edited:
Haha thanks bro! Although now I feel like I've let you down....I recently parted ways with some of those stated above. I sold BRS and Lucky Greens together for $3,400 plus fees/shipping...I couldn't say no to that offer!! And I dumped my USAs too....still got greystones, can't let go of the simple classics :smokin

Sometimes its just fun to switch things up, and cash in. After all, they are just shoes, right? 

I am all for the craftsman ship though... hence why I love the older 2000 pairs and have been swooping up as many studio iDs I can find!

EDIT: I do own one pair of 350s though..got for retail and they are comfy haha - but AM1s are still life.
How often do you wear your Bespokes and Greystone?

And $3400 for 2 pair of used sneakers? Gracious.

How often do you wear your Bespokes and Greystone?

And $3400 for 2 pair of used sneakers? Gracious.
I've worn my bespoke at least 5 times by now - I made them to wear, and I designed them so they could be worn nearly everyday, just simple colorway and nothing too loud.

I wear greystones a lot - wore them all last weekend in Chi. I wear dirty denims quite a bit too. They just go withe everything really haha

im 36 as well.  this is sad to accept we're old.  
embarassed.gif

Ima laugh when the real shape is that good. And then be upset if its not......

I really want the OG flyknits.....but.....I just copped two of my all time grails. Even though most of you hate the "new, new" I think its a pretty Iconic moment. Nike is putting flyknit on the greatest shoe ever. Even though its not the way we all pictured it, i still think its dope. 

And @FrankWh1te  did you say you have 5 HOAs!? 

Haha thats baller. Rep on dat.
its just hard for me to justify paying retail for something i dont absolutely love, especially when i can use that cash on something im looking for. 
Just cop these essential wms size 12 for $80 I figured why not, it's not often I find my size in a size 12 wms

Oi! I roll in cuffed pants!!

But I like the way it shows the shoe off.

But of a trend over here.
it is not a trend over here but ima still rock it.  cant get with the toppled layers over my sneakers anymore.  let them sb dunk nerds have that look.  

Already clearing room for red/white/grey and the Oreo. Y'all can poo poo on em on you want but I like them. Do they look as good as the OG? Na, but I can wear jeans to my office during the summer and these will become my dailys bc they'll be more comfortable to be in for 8-10 hours a day.

http://sneakernews.com/2016/07/21/nike-officially-announces-flyknit-air-max-1/
Well...now according to that link they drop today? I don't see them anywhere yet though

Well...now according to that link they drop today? I don't see them anywhere yet though
I think they just messed up in the link. They have them up on SNRKS but the only option is "notify me", not "buy." If you open it in SNKRS, it says 7/28.

They're up on NDC with "coming soon" - but they have pictures of them all.

Looks like the greys are only pair with 3M mudguard, kinda bummed they have the ice tip and heel on sole. Looks cool until its piss yellow

im 36 as well.  this is sad to accept we're old.  :wow:

its just hard for me to justify paying retail for something i dont absolutely love, especially when i can use that cash on something im looking for. 

it is not a trend over here but ima still rock it.  cant get with the toppled layers over my sneakers anymore.  let them sb dunk nerds have that look.  
doesnt have to be the 2 extremes...

not having cuffed pants doesnt have to equal drowning your shoes in your jeans. a nice stack on a pair of jeans that have been tailored to fit is ideal.

you can even tailor your jeans to give the "cuffed" look.

Back
Top Bottom