THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Ahh Memories.

Nike Tracksuit + Air Max of your choice. That was THE Uniform.
you forgot the black Nike gloves with the 3M reflective accents and the black Nike TN or Dri-Fit 5 panel cap
nthat.gif

Caved in and ordered these two. Bought a $350 gift card for 280 combining that with the 9% ebates I had to do it. #iaintgotnoyeezys :frown:

Shot a few crappy pics of the purpleish 1/90 hybrids that I bought in '93 I think. Discoloured and disintegrating, even a soleswap can't save them anymore. Only the tongue still shows some of the original tones because of it being hidden from light. That's what happens if you after wearing them for some time you put them in a closet without box and take them out again years later.

Last edited:
The leather on them was amazing, somewhere between smooth leather and nubuck.
saw those in Hong Kong when i was there 1999, passed on them, one of the dumbest sneaker decisions what i have make in my life, instead of the AM1 i bought a pair of 95s, back then i was not into AM1s yet, but i was a huge junkie for 95s

^^Unfortunately that happens, I also passed on lots of shoes in the past few years that I would like to own now.

I think I know why I sort of stopped wearing them. Not that I didn't like them.

Must have been around 93, maybe 94, long after Nike stopped production and they were gone from every shop, I walked into an Amsterdam shop and there they were, totally unexpected: still a few pairs of 180s in stock, including my size.
First I was like

Then I was like

STILL THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE SO FAR

I think I even wore those in bed :rofl:

Last edited:
My HTM pair "shipped" on the 25th...they'll finally arrive tomorrow.

Only a two week turn around from ordering to delivery.

Can't wait....I'll post pictures tomorrow. :smokin

i feel like lately, essential releases have been underwhelming. it seems like the same cookie cutter color ways and blocking patterns.  ive been scouring through the bay to see if anything excited me in recent months and this is what i found.  

canyone gold.

essential denim 

essential seaglass/stingray

the canyon gold is prob the only one id waste my time on.  anyone else feeling a lull in recently releases?

Back
Top Bottom