The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let that man breathe if you got urs let him get his if you didn't then at this point it's

View media item 2154924
Also strong post to avy/screen name over 300$. You talking Rolexs *Jordan Shrug

I have mine. One pair. Finishline raffle.

He asked a question that I answered sincerely. If he wanted the answer that he knew and wanted to hear, then he shouldn't have asked because he knew anyway.

I have mine. One pair. Finishline raffle.

He asked a question that I answered sincerely. If he wanted the answer that he knew and simply wanted people to echo, then he shouldn't have asked in the first place because he knew anyway. That he asks suggest to me that he was soliciting opinions.

You must be under some enchantnent by just having gotten them.The quality on these aren't particularly good. The soft leather just on the swoosh and the forefoot and ankle area are one of the most singularly ridiculous gimicks that I've ever seen.

Jb could have done these right. But they didn't have any incentive to because they'll sell anyway. Why would you create units that cost 1.00 to produce when you can sell the same number of units that cost .60 to produce?

Answer: You wouldn't. Straight forward economics.

Back to your comment. These weren't done right. The material quality especially is not very good. Want to see good quality, consult Banned 11. Consult Shadow 09.

Call these 2016 classics, hyped, desired, whatever. But to call them "good quality" is a farce.
Honesty. I agree with you bro. When you choose hype over facts that's what happens. Some people on this this thread were claiming high quality before they even got them in hand. You notice on most Youtube videos they only brag about the red tumbled part. They know the rest of the shoe is bs.

He asked a question and I answered. I've been on Niketalk a long time. I own the shoe. I also own ~40 pairs of Jordan 1s. I feel comfortable speaking on a question around quality and price with regard to a shoe that I both own and have owned through different evolutions for the last 25 years.

That it doesn't fit your conception of acceptance, and because it defies the echo chamber really isn't my concern. So long as there are open questions, that afford me an opportunity to opine, then I will.

Read my old posts under my old name, JoanPujolGarcia. I was opionated then I will be now.

The quality sucks. Jordan can do better. Denying this fact makes you feel better about your purchase. Ok. So noted. If that's your schtick, then don't read my posts. There is an "ignore" function, I believe, for a reason.

I read your post and didn't have to write a story proving who or what I know to prove anything.

He feels Jordan did enough to make him happy with his purchase. It's 300$ bucks not that deep for some. To him clearly not

He didn't aske about quality he asked about was his resell purchase a good deal. Which given the climate all things considered it is.

Ur answer was based on ur bias toward quality not that towards the question at hand.

Some folks who got pairs from Nike and pairs from 3rd party had differences. The Nike pairs were like yours. Third party were more tumbled with a shade darker red

Probably different factory made specific pairs that went to specific markets

I think posting the pic is advertising

Not like he's posting his home address while sitting in a room full of money
But he didn't have to do all that to advertise. Dudes already salty that they missed out, don't throw it in their face.

If I'd been robbed before this isn't what I would do.

And before it starts, I have pairs at retail.

Opinions are often misunderstood as facts.

But I didn't state my opinion as facts. I stated them as opinions. And have since characterized them as such.

I feel fairly confident, though not 100%, in a few things that I mentioned that could maybe masquerade as "facts." The 2011 banned 1 and the Shadow 1 in 2009 were arguably better quality. And an athletic shoe, on average, costs about $9.00 to produce.

But he didn't have to do all that to advertise. Dudes already salty that they missed out, don't throw it in their face.

If I'd been robbed before this isn't what I would do.

And before it starts, I have pairs at retail.

He's been robbed before dang

Then yea this changes everything.

Would have just posted a link that new sizes up. Lmao

I read your post and didn't have to write a story proving who or what I know to prove anything.

He feels Jordan did enough to make him happy with his purchase. It's 300$ bucks not that deep for some. To him clearly not

He didn't aske about quality he asked about was his resell purchase a good deal. Which given the climate all things considered it is.

Ur answer was based on ur bias toward quality not that towards the question at hand.

My quality comment referenced a different gentleman who made reference to the quality being good.

I didn't make a quality point in response to the gentleman from Australia's post. He asked a question about was something worth it and I answered.

And just because someone can afford something doesn't make it wise. But people should spend their money how and when they choose. But you can't have it both ways. Don't ask if something is a decent price if you're not soliciting sincere responses.

Last edited:
All right, we get it, dude. You don't like them.
I take them as what they are, a pair of $160 shoes.
for that, they're better than average.

NT loves to paint the picture of resellers as broke snake in the grass know nothing opportunist. 99% of resellers are looking for a quick easy flip we're not talking stocks here :lol:

I wasn't planning on getting 2 pairs but it ended up happening that way, and I made enough to cover my pair and that was enough for me. Lord knows if my personal pair is still DS in a year and they're going for $500 I'll gladly let my pair go for market value :lol:

If it cost $9 to make then $160 isn't a decent price either. But since you entered a raffle for the right to overpay on something you yourself deemed not of value, guess you needed it for your own satirical needs. Carry on.

In light of the 23Penny talk, I though it appropriate to revisit one of my fav vids of all time.

Bout to pay $360 inc shipping for 11.5, is this a decent price? Getting em shipped from uk to australia.

You want to know if it's "decent" to pay more than double the retail price for a shoe that cost about $9.00 to make? Let me save you the suspense, no it's not a decent price.

But that expenditure may be necessary if the shoe is that important to your sartorial needs.

U mad you struck out b?

Mr. Economist in the house

View media item 2154925
Is that ball **** leather and suede? :nerd:

This is always my retort to those who say that it's financially prohibitive to make a good quality Jordan at a fair price. It's very possible. It's actually easy. Michael Jordan's cut of the profit was 100,000,000 last year alone from Jb. And he is the lower end of the profit margin food chain. Where are all those profits coming from? The marriage of decreased quality and increased demand.

I have two pairs of shadow 1 from 2009. They are an uncompromising shoe with remarkable quality. It can be done if people want it and talk with their wallets.

If folks would stop gushing over everything Jb excretes from its rectal cavity, then they would increase quality to generate demand.

Man I struck out yesterday, really need these best I have found is 300 shipped. Thinking about waiting a bit to see if prices go down I don't want to jump on these to quick. Hell I got SBB for 260 shipped a week after release

He's been robbed before dang

Then yea this changes everything.

Would have just posted a link that new sizes up. Lmao
Apparently there was a lot of support for him when he got robbed.  Even Bun B put out a vid supporting him.  I don't want to see anyone get robbed, but don't put yourself in position for that to happen either.  No way I would be broadcasting after that happened.  Especially after a release like this with many people salty.

Really good feeling was able to help a couple of friends and I think save a relationship or 2 dropping GS's on dudes who missed out for their girls

Let's say I'm not buying a drink or meal for a min

#TheComeUp
Save a relationship by suppling a material item as priceless as Jordans #ImDying [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Doubled up and definitely keeping both. Won't even bother selling any as these are collectibles that should rise in value overtime. Beat the hell out of one and have another on ice. Nows the time to buy from resellers if you missed out as they try to unload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom