The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
people fail to realize that jordan brand pays attention to some of the things we ask for. All the while they will make us pay for it. we are fiends and they have the fix, resellers pushed in on their territory so they are doing away with them with rapid releases(too many releases to focus on to pay a reseller unless you really want the shoe because something new or hotter is coming in a week or two), also raising price points and production numbers (raise the price and production resellers make less on each unit sold and adding more pairs takes away from rarity so no need for going anywhere else but the source). Also a price hike to account for our "needs"

Things ppl cried for

nike branding =price hike
better quality materials and comfort= remastered= price hike
watching idiots paying flight club/resellers hundreds to thousands for a pair= price hike
realizing that we can finance nike to produce greater numbers to sell more shoes= price hike

After seeing fools shell out 300-600 for a 160 dollar shoe why not mass produce it. Look at the dudes doing pre orders for shoes that they have no idea will be limited(aquas bred 12s wc5s metallics) but paying it to" secure" a pair . Nike is selling like drug dealers move out the competition by offering better product and pricing (for example 2013 Breds or 2011 banned 1s from resellers). then flood the market then slowly raise the price because ur hooked and chasing a high. So yea I would mass produce these if i were them and really make some money off of ignorance and sheer thirst. Remember bred 1s have realeased more times than any other retro jordan, like 7 or 8 times. Black cements come in 2nd at 5 retros so we should see NA on those soon.

People who talk about sitting dont know what real sitting is and thats prob due to age. If u were around picking up shoes in the early 2000s or earlier shoes rarely sold out first day they might sell out at select stores but were available almost everywhere(check an old eastbay). Most 89-early 2000 OGs and retros were in stores for months to even a year. sitting for ppl now is not selling out the 1st day. Times have changed but i understand the older dudes that complain because times were way better before the hype. i rather pay 100 for Bred 1s than 160. Thats due to the urgency thats placed on getting a pair right now and willingness to pay a middleman (forget inflation).

My first pair of retros was a pair of Columbia 11s from the early 2000s.. I don't know if you remember but 11s were still a pain in the a** to secure, even back then. I remember wanting a pair of Bred 11s but couldn't find pairs anywhere.. J's would release on weekdays and I was still in high school back then but people would still line up.

As a matter of fact, Kicksology.net even documented early eBay resellers buying up multiple pairs of 11s and selling them for a profit.

Nike's whole incentive was to double/triple their earnings. These won't be limited in quantity just for the simple fact that they're releasing again 3 years later. No special commemorative celebration or anything other than the XXX1 releasing.

...but being that these are $160 and people are hyping these up like they've never seen black/red 1's before. They'll be difficult to come across after release day.

Resell won't go past $550. 2013's will drop by $100 retail, Banneds will increase by $100

If these end up being GR, they'll be just like any Concord XI release.............it'll still sell out first day even if there is a 10M supply

Royals weren't a hard cop? This is news to me.
Yeah me too. The royals(aside from the galaxy foams the year before) release was the trainwreck that started all of the madness, which gradually has been and is being undone over these last two years. But still. 

Just a couple more months until my contract expires [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Nike's whole incentive was to double/triple their earnings. These won't be limited in quantity just for the simple fact that they're releasing again 3 years later. No special commemorative celebration or anything other than the XXX1 releasing.

...but being that these are $160 and people are hyping these up like they've never seen black/red 1's before. They'll be difficult to come across after release day.

Resell won't go past $550. 2013's will drop by $100 retail, Banineds will increase by $100

Doubt it. Companies dont set unrealiatic goals like doubling or tripling profits each quarter. Some people are not fans of tbe scrotum leather on these. The color is also much nicer on '13s so far. So i wouldnt say its settled by any means my man. Banned 1s will still steadily rise as they always have. I think you might want to revisit the thread of the 13s. The hype was much worse than we have seen thus far. Also rumours by a reliable news leaker is 100k are being produced. That would mean higher numbers than we have seen for retro 1s before.

Last edited:
My first pair of retros was a pair of Columbia 11s from the early 2000s.. I don't know if you remember but 11s were still a pain in the a** to secure, even back then. I remember wanting a pair of Bred 11s but couldn't find pairs anywhere.. J's would release on weekdays and I was still in high school back then but people would still line up.

As a matter of fact, Kicksology.net even documented early eBay resellers buying up multiple pairs of 11s and selling them for a profit.

I did say MOST if you look back lol. I mean if you really want to focus on 2 of the most popular colorways from one of the most popular models I guess you would be right.

I bought the 2001 Columbia 11s in store on a random day didn't even know they were out, with zero hassle in a size 9.5 as well

Something tells me these are going to be a widely available. Idk what it is I just have that feeling like Nike is going to give us we want this time and not troll us with yet another stupid limited release of these OG Bred 1s.
This

I rem walking into outlets and buying bred and royal 2001 1s with ease.

No hassle, no hype, no resale.

Doubt it. Companies dont set unrealiatic goals like doubling or tripling profits each quarter. Some people are not fans of tbe scrotum leather on these. The color is also much nicer on '13s so far. So i wouldnt say its settled by any means my man. Banned 1s will still steadily rise as they always have. I think you might want to revisit the thread of the 13s. The hype was much worse than we have seen thus far. Also rumours by a reliable news leaker is 100k are being produced. That would mean higher numbers than we have seen for retro 1s before.

I was a prominent poster in that thread. The chaos was only matched and slightly surpassed by the Royal thread(s). The chaos was due to the fact that Jordan 1's were at the peak of hype. The Christmas release were gamma 11's on top of that so it was all sights set on 2013 black/red 1's. The only reason I think resell will drop on '13's is just due to the simple fact that they're the older pair and there isn't anything aesthetics wise that would differ from the '16's. Truthfully resell on '13's all depend on how hard it is to come across a '16 pair. Because the only difference between the 2 is the height the subtle tumbled leather and supposedly the color on the '16 is brighter, if 16's are hard to come by than '13 prices are going to skyrocket. If 16's are easy to come by, the '13 prices will dip.

Thinking about that 2013 black/red 1 thread it amuses me now to think about how many are trying to discredit that pair. That thread has people ready to sell their souls for a pair :lol:

roll.gif
Going to have babies catching Ammonia 

I was a prominent poster in that thread. The chaos was only matched and slightly surpassed by the Royal thread(s). The chaos was due to the fact that Jordan 1's were at the peak of hype. The Christmas release were gamma 11's on top of that so it was all sights set on 2013 black/red 1's. The only reason I think resell will drop on '13's is just due to the simple fact that they're the older pair and there isn't anything aesthetics wise that would differ from the '16's. Truthfully resell on '13's all depend on how hard it is to come across a '16 pair. Because the only difference between the 2 is the height the subtle tumbled leather and supposedly the color on the '16 is brighter, if 16's are hard to come by than '13 prices are going to skyrocket. If 16's are easy to come by, the '13 prices will dip.

Thinking about that 2013 black/red 1 thread it amuses me now to think about how many are trying to discredit that pair. That thread has people ready to sell their souls for a pair :lol:

Ya but that logic the same would happen to Banned 1s. The point is that there are enough differences between 13 and 16 pairs. People will value them differently. When the first pics of these leaked people didnt take to them as enthusiastically as I expected. That tumbled swoosh looked wack af. I saw people even take down ebay listings for the 13 pairs when those pics dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom