The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're looking north of $1k these days (like $1700ish as a median). Saw roughly 7 sales at $2500 on StockX. Conversely, I've see as low as $750. If you're getting them at $1k, you probably got a "deal", relatively speaking.
at a sneaker event 2 years back someone was selling a 14 for 500, should've scooped :smh:

I think you're looking north of $1k these days (like $1700ish as a median). Saw roughly 7 sales at $2500 on StockX. Conversely, I've see as low as $750. If you're getting them at $1k, you probably got a "deal", relatively speaking.
at a sneaker event 2 years back someone was selling a 14 for 500, should've scooped
mean.gif
I had to shell out I think it was $550 or $650 and it killed me. In hindsight, if I had the opportunity for more, I would have bought as many as I could.

Dug into the archives and found pics in my "recent photos" of when I brought these babies home lol

Yup in hindsight i wouldve did a lot differently :lol:
If that was anything smaller then a 14 I would've scooped it but I thought 13 sacked at the time. Oh well

There is no plastic on these shoes, law requires list of materials and synthetic is no where on this.
nike has and does use synthetic leather ... and which 'law' requires a company to list all of the materials used in manufacturing (and which agency would oversee the enforcement of the law) . California has some state laws in which companies are required to report when they use certain toxic/environmental detrimintal components, but most states do not have a similar requirement. 

i have an 11.5 that i need to trade for a size 11 purchased at footlocker queens center mall i still have the receipt.

any body willing to trade in nyc area ??? 

nike has and does use synthetic leather ... and which 'law' requires a company to list all of the materials used in manufacturing (and which agency would oversee the enforcement of the law) . California has some state laws in which companies are required to report when they use certain toxic/environmental detrimintal components, but most states do not have a similar requirement. 
"

Labeling Requirements for Textile, Apparel, Footwear and Travel Goods

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) enforce labeling laws and acts in the United States. In general, textile and apparel products sold in the United States must be labeled with the following information: the fiber content, the country of origin, the manufacturer or dealer identity, and the care instructions. For a detailed description of these requirements and other important labeling information, please see the FTC website - Clothing and Textiles. Also, Threading Your Way Through the Labeling Requirements Under the Textile & Wool Acts and Clothes Captioning: Complying with the Care Labeling Rule are very helpful publications.

It's called the Apparel and Houshold textile compliance. In the US, they do not have to list materials on the actual product, but the list has to be made available. Some other countries require the info on the product.

"

Labeling Requirements for Textile, Apparel, Footwear and Travel Goods

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) enforce labeling laws and acts in the United States. In general, textile and apparel products sold in the United States must be labeled with the following information: the fiber content, the country of origin, the manufacturer or dealer identity, and the care instructions. For a detailed description of these requirements and other important labeling information, please see the FTC website - Clothing and Textiles. Also, Threading Your Way Through the Labeling Requirements Under the Textile & Wool Acts and Clothes Captioning: Complying with the Care Labeling Rule are very helpful publications.
shoes are exclued from this  .... or Nike (and all other shoe companies) don't do anything close to this. Of the hundreds of pairs of kicks I've had I have never seen any of this. But be that as it may ... Nike has and does use synthetic leathers -- the black portion of my BReds look less than any of the full/top grain leather found on other air jordan 1s. My Shadows '09 black portion used leather but the BReds don't look similar, the BReds black portion doesn't even sync up to the black leather of the CMs. 

The SNKRS description that was posted is not really an itemized list of what the shoe is composed of. It's listed under "Benefits" aka selling points (no mention of nylon tongue?). Of course they will list the best parts of the shoe in that section. Also, it does not state that it is a completely full grain leather upper...which means parts could potentially be a lower quality leather.  Some countries' labels can get away with putting "leather" upper as long as 60-70% of the upper is actually leather, so again unless we have a complete itemized list from Nike themselves, we can't really know the amount and quality of the leather used.

And any type of coating on leather/synthetic leather is essentially plastic to some degree so there's nothing wrong with saying plastic leather if it truly is synthetic or has a synthetic coating/filling in it. Pretty much most chemicals with the term "poly" in it is a plastic.

Last edited:
Hate to be that guy...But how do these fit? Was able to snag a pair that was a half size bigger than my true size...Hoping they fit OK

The SNKRS description that was posted is not really an itemized list of what the shoe is composed of. It's listed under "Benefits" aka selling points (no mention of nylon tongue?). Of course they will list the best parts of the shoe in that section. Also, it does not state that it is a completely full grain leather upper...which means parts could potentially be a lower quality leather.  Some countries' labels can get away with putting "leather" upper as long as 60-70% of the upper is actually leather, so again unless we have a complete itemized list from Nike themselves, we can't really know the amount and quality of the leather used.

And any type of coating on leather/synthetic leather is essentially plastic to some degree so there's nothing wrong with saying plastic leather if it truly is synthetic or has a synthetic coating/filling in it. Pretty much most chemicals with the term "poly" in it is a plastic.

All leather is coated with something. If it's not it's called suede. The coating is used to protect and prolong. Skin decomposes. You guys are taking this way too seriously. It's just shoes, they go on your feet, not replace them.

Last edited:
Hate to be that guy...But how do these fit? Was able to snag a pair that was a half size bigger than my true size...Hoping they fit OK
I usually go .5 down in my 1s but .5 UP should be fine, also you can just add a thicker insole and be set

Speaking of which did anyone else cop new insoles for these? I love the white insoles but I know they will look gross after wearing, so I went ahead and copped some all black insoles which make these even more comfortable

Speaking of which did anyone else cop new insoles for these? I love the white insoles but I know they will look gross after wearing, so I went ahead and copped some all black insoles which make these even more comfortable
I wear white socks so the shoes I have with white insoles don't mess up.

What is wrong with 350s? The last time I checked, they were pretty much universally praised:

http://www.gq.com/story/kanye-west-adidas-yeezy-boost-350-best-shoe-of-2015

the shoe looks like it was made for females walking the vegas strip dog

aint nothing shoe of the year about a roshe ugg hybrid dog

plus they are endorsed by an ignorant mental ****** who hasnt had a good album in 11 years and is only known now for beefing with taylor swift and saying dumb **** in interviews

but hey lets keep this thread about the banned 1's shall we?

Last edited:
the shoe looks like it was made for females walking the vegas strip dog

aint nothing shoe of the year about a roshe ugg hybrid dog

plus they are endorsed by an ignorant mental ****** who hasnt had a good album in 11 years and is only known now for beefing with taylor swift and saying dumb **** in interviews

but hey lets keep this thread about the banned 1's shall we?

That "******" has more Grammys than Michael Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom