The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

I don't buy the reasoning behind the Kyrie 2's lack of cushioning.  Maximum court feel and staying low to the ground, so minimal forefoot cushioning...right.

Because Nike and other companies have never made a shoe with both excellent cushioning and court feel before.

Now with the Kyrie 2, all of a sudden that's impossible.

Reactions: God

I don't buy the reasoning behind the Kyrie 2's lack of cushioning.  Maximum court feel and staying low to the ground, so minimal forefoot cushioning...right.

Because Nike and other companies have never made a shoe with both excellent cushioning and court feel before.

Now with the Kyrie 2, all of a sudden that's impossible.
Not to derail the Lillard line talk too much here, but I agree with you.

I returned the K2s today after a simple side-by-side try-on.  Though it's definitely a preference thing, I put on a pair of KD Vs that I recently picked up since I never gave that model a go -- next to the Kyrie 2s I just grabbed.  The fit/containment features of the K2 are well done, but the KD V even without being broken in just felt like an elite/premium feel compared to the Kyrie 2.  The KDs have sort of a raised toe which I hear provides solid transition, but the difference is they DON'T sacrifice decent forefoot cushion and it seems to me that court feel would be on-par or close to the Kyrie 2.

Don't doubt that I would enjoy the Kyrie 2, but since the Lillard 1 was SO close to being a favorite of mine -- it sounds like these 2s have hit it pretty well so I'm looking forward to getting them in.  And at 105 retail? man...

Thanks for the thoughts from those who've played in them and looking forward to hearing more

xplosivejeff xplosivejeff nice review on the Kyrie 2. Would you say you prefer those or the Lillard 2 more? Trying to pick between those two and I want to grab the rip city while I can

I hate to make you second guess your purchase decision further but I'm actually enjoying the Kyrie 2 more so than the Lillard 2 :lol:

More reliable traction on all court conditions, smoother heel to toe transition and superior containment highlight the reasons why I prefer the Kyries over the Lillards. Just my 2 cents since you asked. Thank you for watching my reviews :smile: Appreciate it!

^haha no problem Jeff - good to know on the Kyrie. I don't think I'm out for good on those. Still curious about both. Thanks for the perspective!

More reliable traction on all court conditions, smoother heel to toe transition and superior containment highlight the reasons why I prefer the Kyries over the Lillards. Just my 2 cents since you asked. Thank you for watching my reviews
smile.gif
Appreciate it!
Such an underrated design element for most shoes.  The Lillard 2 looks like it would be good on a pristine court, but most of us don't have access to that and I would think the majority of us play on dusty or poorly maintained courts.

If traction isn't top notch, it doesn't matter how good the rest of the shoe is.  That's why sometimes I think designers need to tone it down with the storytelling.

^no doubt... You would think they would get that these tightly spaced patterns don't work for the average folk on dusty floors

Has anyone here placed an order on a "back-order" item from FTL, champs, eastbay? I usually don't but just don't want this rip city colorway to disappear on me. Although they are releasing again I suppose. Guessing that's when the back order will be available when adidas.com re releases

YOTM is the best cw so far imo

release date must be near CNY which is on the 8th of Feb

Could be sooner in asia

@iks mod I did it one time for the Hyperrev Kyrie PE with int. shipping, it was a back-order but I received the shoe.

Last edited:
YOTM are cool but Away's upper material is much better. They had to use a smooth surface to print the graphic I suppose.

YOTM is the best cw so far imo
release date must be near CNY which is on the 8th of Feb
Could be sooner in asia

Just found out it's the 5th. Does anyone know if FNL carried the Lillard 1? I have a WC I need to use and it's looking like I'm gonna try to use it on these.

FNL didn't get the 1s. They didn't get the RIP CITY so not looking like they'll get the 2s either. But it's still early to know for sure.

Last edited:
Nice review Jeff - great to get a rundown on how these are from someone who plays on different types of courts

First BHM were clean. Second one is cleaner. *Jeff's voice* :tongue:

Dig the "shattered" design on the upper.

Nike always does the same looking patterns that I never liked. No offense to African-American history that they are inspired by. Only pair I ever bought was the Kobe VI BHM

Gonna pass though as I doubled up on the Curry F&F low.

Last edited:
^Nice find on all pics -- they look pretty good here.  Don't know if I will buy though

after playing in these for a couple weeks on dusty courts the traction is a deal breaker for me getting any more for hoop. everything but the traction is great....  these hold the dust/dirt and even wiping doesn't help. these will now be a shoe for outdoor hoops. it's a damn shame. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom