The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
who the hell going spend that kinda money for a place in Massachusetts!?

I assume it ain’t in mathra’s vineyard

"but smart teams have been manipulating the cap for years to open space since they can carry over unused space into the following year to create more space"

you see this right here is the problem.....they are not creating more cap space......its not carry over at all.....its hey we didnt have anyone to sign so now that money will be used next year.....ohhhhhh so the owners for 2019 that had cap space just pocket that money for the YEAR.....they don't get double the money in 2020............if the jets go into 2020 season with 50 mil.......that would be 100 mil that their ownership gets to pocket......the players don't get that in 2021 if the jets sign tons of free agents....thats money never earned!!

if the jets signed tons of free agents last year then this year they wouldnt have nearly as much cap space.....i get that sure but understand every team that has cap at end of year pockets every dime.........why? why not have that be end of season bonus for the players on roster? its should be THEIR money 47% right? .......if the jets gave 50 to the players as a bonus at end of 2019....how does that impact 2020 cap? not a damn dollar difference its the exact same number

OBJ is just the big example because it is fact the giants had 55 mil in dead cap .......yes some of that 55 is from signing bonus from previous year but at least half are salaries that they didnt have to pay.....thus savings in their pocket......teams cut guys in their final year or 2 all the time....they get hit with some dead cap space but they SAVE on the money they didnt have to pay......so player doesnt get any money.....the teams cap has some dead cap space holder that they can't use on other players which people think oh crap poor team.....no its poor players

the current deal is the players get 47% of revenue, they are NOT getting that money.....thats what players dont realize, thats what the media won't report on.....they can't the NFL won't let them.

half a billion dollars of cap space not used in 2019......thats not smart management of cap so they can have cap space in 2020....that is because the franchise tag has kept avg salaries down.......

again in 2020 there will be half a billion that combined teams don't spend in cap space......the owners will say its lack of talent available thats BS.....

and that half a billion does NOT count the dead cap dollars taking up cap space that large amount of that money never goes in players pockets.....

on paper 47% revenue in pocket to all players? nah. players can get 50% revenue if its same system they are not getting those dollars combined in their pocket.

MLB less players and does not earn nearly as much money as NFL...yet the top 10 teams in salary spend more than the top ten in NFL, thats all you need to know about how the owners are playing the NFL guys......NFL generates about 5 billion more than MLB......

numbers don't add up!!!

No matter what happens in free agency one thing I’ll say is Jameis will always give 110% effort at all times and will never let anyone outwork him. His biggest issue is almost that same thing with his tendency to try TOO hard just trying to make something happen and ending up turning the ball over because of it. It sucks because I know his heart is always in the right place but he just can’t help himself sometimes.

No matter what happens in free agency one thing I’ll say is Jameis will always give 110% effort at all times and will never let anyone outwork him. His biggest issue is almost that same thing with his tendency to try TOO hard just trying to make something happen and ending up turning the ball over because of it. It sucks because I know his heart is always in the right place but he just can’t help himself sometimes.

or maybe he was blind this whole time?

or maybe he was blind this whole time?
I mean.. he did have lasik

I mean the team puts them through and have to pass a physical when reporting to camp. At least they did/do for baseball when I reported for camp. Eye test was part of our physical. I’d imagine it was/is for them too. Kind of find it hard to believe it’d be something he, let alone the team that wants to win with him, just let go. Especially during a contract season.

Good move for Buffalo and might end up being a good move from Norman too given how he played under McDermott the last time they were paired up.

If he stays healthy and looks a tiny bit the way he looked before going to the Slurs, the Bills might have one of the better CB tandems in the league with him and Tre White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom