The Official 2009 New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins ALDS Thread (Yankees win series 3-0)

The Yankees will have to face either the Twins or Tigers.

Dunno who I'd prefer to see the Yankees face...Yankees have done well against both teams in the regular season but the postseason is a whole differentanimal.

Yankees will be watching vigilantly.

71d25a560dc735a081f6dd2472aa0c08ec4c107.jpg

you don't want to see justin verlander in a playoff series right now. hope for the twins win.

Either way, I'm happy with the one game playoff. No matter who wins, they'll be drained. Hope our guys don't get rusty with all the time off,though.

Manybe we can bat over .200 as a team this postseason...maybe?

You think Girardi will chose to play on Wednesday since Twins/Tigers are playing on Tuesday?

Originally Posted by jrp44

You think Girardi will chose to play on Wednesday since Twins/Tigers are playing on Tuesday?
I would hope so.

I personally rather play the Twins.

I do think the cerebral Joe Girardi will probably pick the series that begins on Wednesday as he will try to exploit any advantage he can.

HTTB, some Yankees will be getting some fielding and hitting drills done at the Yankees Spring Training facility in Tampa.

^Oh okay.

And I think Girardi's best decision is Wednesday. Not only is it a day after the one game playoff, but it's the series with more off days allowing usto go with CC, AJ and Andy for the series and move Joba to the pen.

Ain't scared of the twins or the tigers.. mez get out of this thread pleeeeease.. I see you already put your met stink all over it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Ain't scared of the twins or the tigers.. mez get out of this thread pleeeeease.. I see you already put your met stink all over it
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

With that said, I'm rooting for the Yanks.

Yankees always whoop the Twins, but I'm not so sure anyone wants to face these guys right now. They are on fire and I really can't see any teamstopping them.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

^Oh okay.

And I think Girardi's best decision is Wednesday. Not only is it a day after the one game playoff, but it's the series with more off days allowing us to go with CC, AJ and Andy for the series and move Joba to the pen.

After doing some reading, regardless of what series Joe chooses, Game 1 will be on Wednesday. The only differenceis Game 2 can either be on Thursday or Friday.

I didn't do enough reading. This explains it best:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp?y=09

Did they say anything about who will start game 2??? AJ or Andy
nerd.gif

I hope I can get some tickets online tomorrow morning

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Yankees always whoop the Twins, but I'm not so sure anyone wants to face these guys right now. They are on fire and I really can't see any team stopping them.
relax, ya'll were playin the royals
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

Did they say anything about who will start game 2??? AJ or Andy
nerd.gif

I hope I can get some tickets online tomorrow morning

They're way too expensive man, I just bought Game 5 tickets just in case for $45 a pop. Last I saw the cheapest for Games 1 and 2 are around $95 or so. I'd rather AJ start Game 2 just in case we're split before Game 3. I'd rather have the experienced Andy pitch that game that up and down AJ.

Yankees always whoop the Twins, but I'm not so sure anyone wants to face these guys right now. They are on fire and I really can't see any team stopping them.
I feel the same way. They're both very good teams but I'd want to avoid a team coming in on a hot streak. Morneau or not they'restill cracking the ball.

If its Detroit.....Tigers in 4.
laugh.gif
I like you Mez, please just root for us to win. I getsuperstitious around this time, I'll blame you if they lose in 4 to the Tigers.

so what the @+*% is gonna happen with joba? Please tell me he's going back to relief. I think we mishandled him pretty badly.

Back
Top Bottom