THE NIKE AIR PRESTO RETURNS

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Quote: the hell you pissed about? cause people are wearing shoes?

Do me a solid and just shut the +##$ up, who said they were angry cause people were wearing shoes?? I said the hypebeasts, no one was sweating presto's when they dropped, they were selling for 5-10 dollars discounted many times over, when they retro'd in 2004 once again no one scooped them, now fast forward to 2009 it would be pretty funny to see this shoe that sold poorly now become an overnight hypebeast must have.
So now if these are popular it is only because of Hypebeast? hmm...would you chalk it up to hypebeast or being ahead of their time?

if they are as comfy as the OG, then they are a must have for the gym. I tried a pair on when they were originally released and didn't want to take themoff.....but i was broke....not the same case this time around!

Quote: So now if these are popular it is only because of Hypebeast? hmm...would you chalk it up to hypebeast or being ahead of their time?

Yes, thats right. This shoe released every year for 4 years, sitting on sales racks, it wasn't like it was a one and done thing. Now when they arere-re-released and for some reason people people start camping out for them driving the prices up and suddenly sweating the hell out of them like the AM90 thuscausing Nike to cut back on the quality because they know they will sell no matter what, your damn right, it would be "hypebeasting" at its finest.Two years ago there was an entire rack sitting at the Riverhead NY outlets for 5 dollars a piece, full size runs in a bout 4 or 5 colorways, and no one battedan eye. Personally, I loved the shoe from the first time I put them on, and I know these shoes are big in europe, IMO best summer shoe period, but there havebeen many times in the past where I have posted photo's of presto's and there was much more negative responses than positive ones in regards to theirlooks.

^I don't think you should generalize like that. Did it ever occur to you that some people might have just gotten older and their tastes changed? For me, Iwas still a young teenager when these first came out. The jeans that I wore were way too big for me. Hell, I didn't even know how to buy jeans. I justlooked at the waist size and that was it. I didn't look at the length or anything. So, when I tried these Prestos on, they weren't looking too hot withmy overly baggy jeans. But now, I'm 22. In no way, shape, or form do I wear nuthuggers or my little sister's jeans, but I wear jeans that fit. Now,these shoes would look a lot better with my straight cut jeans that stop at my ankle where they're supposed to. Don't go blaming everything onhypebeasts. There's a little thing called change. People's tastes change as they become more mature.

Thank God they're bringing them back. I hope they go back up on iD. The new colorways look butt though. They need to bring them back the right way withsome of the OG colorways.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Quote: So now if these are popular it is only because of Hypebeast? hmm...would you chalk it up to hypebeast or being ahead of their time?

Yes, thats right. This shoe released every year for 4 years, sitting on sales racks, it wasn't like it was a one and done thing. Now when they are re-re-released and for some reason people people start camping out for them driving the prices up and suddenly sweating the hell out of them like the AM90 thus causing Nike to cut back on the quality because they know they will sell no matter what, your damn right, it would be "hypebeasting" at its finest. Two years ago there was an entire rack sitting at the Riverhead NY outlets for 5 dollars a piece, full size runs in a bout 4 or 5 colorways, and no one batted an eye. Personally, I loved the shoe from the first time I put them on, and I know these shoes are big in europe, IMO best summer shoe period, but there have been many times in the past where I have posted photo's of presto's and there was much more negative responses than positive ones in regards to their looks.
man, keep in mind that a lot of us may not have even been into sneakers during these retro's. i wasn't into nike when these were out, butjust because i got into kicks recently and like these now that i see them does not make me a hypebeast at all. quit throwing around stereotyped ideas,you're not the only one who likes these for what they are. just enjoy the fact that a shoe you like is being retro'ed

man i remember the originals. I still even got a pair of ones with
no laces but they are trashed. this is long over due

I for one am very happy about these coming back. Had a pair (and a pair of chanjo's) when they first released. Just recently managed to pick up anotherpair for cheap. A seriously comfy shoe, and, in my opinion, one that looks nice and sleek.

Anyone have any idea roughly what retail will be?

As far as comfort, these IMO are the most comfy Nike's in the past decade. As for running, I wouldn't do it in these. There is really no support forthe foot. I tried them for running 8 or 9 years ago and it was no bueno. But then again my feet heavily over pronate when running while other peoplesdon't. If you liked the Free's, then these will make you much happier.

Back in 2005 Nike retroed a black/black pair here in Footlocker in England

I scooped me a pair for the gym for full body workouts weights upper and lower body

They perform well and after 3 years they look practically brand new,the foam mid-sole/sole is nice and firm but soft enough for good comfort and although acanvas upper the lace eyelets lock down the shoe very well.

My only complaint on these is they fit long I have wide feet so it maybe more noticeable for me but when stretching out b4 a workout the toe area is fairlyempty flimsy and u have to be carefull of the plastic toe peice pulling away from the mesh I have a size small I wear US9 UK8 so its not like I could get abetter size for me.

The other problem is the laces Nike supplies with these they are way to long and u end up with the bows being huge Im not sure why Nike would put such longlaces in a shoe that fits well even b4 tieing the laces.

Overall a great casual/gym shoe great for a workout or an everyday walking shoe but these arnt made for running there is absolutely no support for ya ankle atall I would not recommend even jogging in these ud be much better geting some running shoes.

Peace
Scottie

Originally Posted by mheftman

Id rather see an Air Flow retro than a Presto retro.

word!
Originally Posted by ii2cky

man u guys can pick arguments from anything ANYTHING

word!
laugh.gif

i had/ have three pairs of the OG's

red/ black (FNL exclusive back in '01)
grey/white/royal
royal blue woven

i might get a retro depending on the colorways that drop.

Originally Posted by mheftman

Id rather see an Air Flow retro than a Presto retro.
quote of the year imo.

prestos have been produced up to '05. and this new shape is looking trash.

YES!...Now all I need is the rifts to make it around for men again instead of just women

I still got my pair from 7th grade and wear em as house shoes now...would be nice to see these on Nike id again...

Back
Top Bottom