The most bizzare thing just happen NT, and I don't know how I should feel...

I was on facebook.
While I was on, I read my mother's status. (Yes, I'm friends with my mother on facebook.)
Her status was MC Lyte lyrics, but that's besides the point.

The point is, one of the people's names that liked her status caught me off guard.
I've seen this name before, but wasn't sure where until it hit me.
I've seen this name before on my Birth Certificate as father.

Now, I do not know this man.
Mother has NEVER EVER mentioned him before in all my years of living.
I'm nearly 19 years old and he was never a part of my life.
I don't even know if he knows I exist.
I'm not sure if mother knows I know he exist.
This was just weird to me and I don't know how I should feel.

A part of me want to contact him, but my and even bigger part of me wants to ignore it.
I really don't know at this point.
ohwell.gif

wow OP

real talk thats some DEEP #*&$ my man.

you make the call.

Wow. The 1st thing that surprised me was Facebook being used for its ORIGINAL purpose.

But I mean if you've never been inclined to look for this person then just don't if you feel it wont really help you right now. (At least thats whatI'd do)
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif
Thats crazy

Maybe you should mention it to your mom first before you contacted him...if you choose to contact him...idk if it's the right move but I'd personallydo it..I couldnt ignore it...I would regret it

That's real strange for your mom to be so careful to keep your father out of your life, and then accept him on Facebook as a friend.

I've never been in your shoes, and even if I had, everyone's experience is different. It's understandable if you want to ignore it and keep onliving, but it could give you some answers or closure you're also interested in.

Wow. That's....I don't even know.

How is your mom friends with him on Facebook and is fine with him commenting/liking her stuff but has never talked to you about him?

You deserve to know your dad. But if you don't want to that's your decision. No offense....but SMH at your mom.

In all honesty I think u should just confront your mom about it. Your always gonna wonder so y not just ask her about it. But make sure u friend dude who youbelieve is ur father before ur mom "de-friends" you and blocks you so u can't have access to her profile to look for more clues

1- Pics
2- L for being fb friends with mom dukes
3- "Thats grimey as hell on your mom's part. "
4- Talk to your mom about it
5- Keep us updated

Originally Posted by Big J 33

That's real strange for your mom to be so careful to keep your father out of your life, and then accept him on Facebook as a friend.

I've never been in your shoes, and even if I had, everyone's experience is different. It's understandable if you want to ignore it and keep on living, but it could give you some answers or closure you're also interested in.
I don't think she's ever tried to keep him out.
I'm assuming he did it on his own.
I guess she never bothered telling since I've never bothered to ask.

She had me at a young age, so I'm sure that adds to it.
And I'm pretty sure he added her.

I checked out his mutual friends, and they're my mom and my stepfather.
I consider my stepfather my REAL dad.
He's been in my life since my birth.

matter fact.........i say confront your mom about it. you are old enough to know the deal right? talk to her like a grown @#$ man about it.

Damn seems request for pics have been posted
smh.gif
laugh.gif

This seems interesting. Let me know if you gather courage to interrogate your mom about it.

Why was I under the assumption you came from a 2 parent household?

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

ohwell.gif
Thats crazy

Maybe you should mention it to your mom first before you contacted him...if you choose to contact him...idk if it's the right move but I'd personally do it..I couldnt ignore it...I would regret it

This.

So sorry Jas. I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. You do whatever you feel is the best to do. Are you thinking of confronting yourmom about it?

I dont know what to tell you homie. Thats a tough subject right there. All i can say is talk to your mom.

Actually...

I'm not emotional about it at all...
It's just the initial shock of "man..that's the dude that deserted me and mother? And I find you of all places, facebook?"

Mother blocks all her friends from everyone, so of course I wouldn't snoop.
She doesn't bother to add people either, they usually add her.

So I'm pretty sure he searched her and my stepdad on his own.

have you ever heard anything about your father?
memories etc etc?

I'm just confused on how something so big can be kept from someone..
indifferent.gif

I think you should atleast try to contact your father, it may bring some sense of peace and clarity..
good luck..

Back
Top Bottom