The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Life sucks right now

**** makachev
Guess I gotta wait a while longer until that inbred loses

Sad knowing there’s a good chance this was poirers last Fight

Fell asleep during Strickland costa lol, that card really put me under

Watching the main event this morning - I knew it wouldn’t get the best reactions

First thing I read here is that Islam isn’t khabib and that Arman gonna get him outta there

Sheesh tough crowd :lol:

I love Arman and he beat gamrot and shouldn’t have had to suffer that set back

I think he’s clearly got the best chance but I also feel like his best against islams best falls short. The matchup and skill doesn’t benefit Arman

gamrot don’t have **** for Islam. I’m tired of that dude being mentioned

I hope Islam can take the 170 belt tho to shut people up. It won’t be easy no matter who he has to fight but that would be a feather. Beating the current p4p twice in volk and then beating the 170 champ- that’s historic no matter how you feel about Islam

Honestly it feels like November will be islams next fight no matter who it is (maybe even October for ufc 308 in Abu Dhabi)

Obviously the conor fight looms large over a lot

If conor pulls off a win he will get a title shot at 55 or 70

Leon Belal don’t fight until the end of July so that might be too short turnaround to fight Islam in November

I think it’s more realistic for Islam to fight Arman in November and then do the 170 thing in 2025

I also feel like conor going back down to 155 is more of a stretch

Seems most likely for ufc scheduling:

155 title next fight: October ufc 308 or November ufc 309

170 title next fight: December ufc 310 at the earliest since Leon and Belal are fighting ufc 304 at the end of July

If Conor wins and starts ranting about Islam- a msg event with Islam Conor would seem to make sense

Gawd I hope chandler wins to stop any of that from happening

Arman probably fights in October for that demographic. Though they could also do McGregor if he wins. And then force Islam to turn around quick for the Arman early next year or vice versa.

I can understand Islam’s frustration. He probably feels like there aren’t any challenges at LW and has openly asked for the WW title fight (which no one knows why they didn’t throw it on 300 regardless of opponent). Lightweight is the deepest division in UFC (though you can argue men BW and I wouldn’t be mad). Islam has fought whoever they put in front of him. His enemy is activity. He’s literally on top of the LW Mt Rushmore with his three title defenses and has the longest win streak in the UFC right now.

It’s not his fault Jones has had drug suspensions, took three years off to come back with a dad bod, then ripped his pec muscle and is campaigning for a fight with a 43 year old.

That was also the best Dustin Porier has ever looked. Like he legit stuffed a bunch of Islam’s take downs and lasted in them shark infested waters until round five. I wouldn’t be mad at the Volk/Dustin fight.

I think Gamrot and Arman have better wrestling than Porier and can probably defend that game from Islam. I think Islam is a better striker than them. But I feel like they should be the bookend to his LW title run. There’s nothing else.

I think both Islam and Dustin got their gas tank drained from the wrestling to the point to where their punches had much less pop on them

To me it was noticeable throughout the fight on the feet. Reminded me of Khabibs opponents, particularly Conor and Dustin. Just didn’t have that usual snap at the end of their punches… but Islam’s arms too seemed filled with acid

Didn’t make for a particularly thrilling fight but Islam did what he was supposed to do. I take nothing away from either guy, that was a good win on Islam’s resume

Islam/Dp was easily fight of the night. And super high level due to the threat of Islams wrestling. Dustin said he couldn’t stay in front of him despite his coaches calling for it. It’s literally playing with fire and 50/50.

I can also see why someone would fall asleep watching this card. I’m on the East Coast and that was a tough card to digest.

If Islam beats Arman and then turns around to become the 170 champ he'll go to 28 wins, 1 short of Khabib

I get that Khabib was undefeated and rarely got damaged. Total GOAT ****, undeniable

A big if but- I would 100% say Islam would have had the better resume and career if Islam took out Arman/170 champ. Without a single doubt. Again, big, huge if but imo completely plausible

So people can argue what's more impressive, the fashion in which Khabib stayed undefeated vs Islam's 1 loss and the fact that he took damage- but objectively I would stand on Islam having the better resume

To me I am more impressed by the resume. Or if you wanted to put a hypothetical matchup of Khabib vs Islam you can do that

As much as any size advantage Islam has over 55'ers, he is draining himself quite a bit to get down there

At 170 Islam will have a 2 inch height and 4 inch reach disadvantage vs Leon- nothing to scoff at for sure

However with Islam not cutting as much and having more energy- his force and grappling should theoretically improve

Islam Conor would make all the sense in world. Islam been speaking about Conor this week saying he wants his crew to fight Conor's team in a street fight

Islam vs Conor in NY at MSG is an obvious match made in heaven. The buildup would be Khabib vs Conor history, they wouldn't even need to do much promoting

The only reason it wouldn't make sense is because Conor might not want to do a camp that consists of him getting his weight down and keeping his weight down after his fight with Chandler

170 makes more sense for Conor at this point in his career

Back
Top Bottom