The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Her allegiance to Edmond concerns me. She needs to leave ASAP 

Her status makes me wonder which camp would be a good fit. I mean in terms of the gravity she pulls. She obviously has an ego as well

Last edited:
sadly i think she stays with that guy on some "its my fault not theirs" stuff

needs to smarten up and listen to her mother

lucky for her theres lots of camps in california
Think she goes to a real camp like AKA or ATT?
cmon bruh, theres camps in california for her

Last edited:
Think she goes to a real camp like AKA or ATT?

Unfortunately for her, Jackson-Winkeljohn is not an option :lol:.

Last edited:
cmon bruh, theres camps in california for her

I know she's Cali born but, I don't think most fighters necessarily require a gym to be in their homestate for consideration.

I'm just saying, if she's going to switch camps, it'd make sense for her to go to a top team.

Though she could go CGFT since she's tight with the Diaz bros. I don't view them as an upper echelon team however.

Alpha Male is an option I guess, as is Alliance.

But AKA, ATT and obviously Jackson/Winkeljohn (obviously not an option) are tops. And as far as game-planning goes, you won't find anyone better than Ray Longo over at Serra/Longo BJJ.

And IMO, if you want to beat Holm and Jackson/Winkeljohn, really......Ray Longo is the coach for the job.

Last edited:
I guess, I just don't think most fighters care about location when it comes to switching gyms.

But I concede it would be comedy to see her with CGFT.

:lol:

Last edited:
Urijah probably won't let her in, last time he trust someone new, one secnd they were slangin jars of struggle peanut butter out the front

Next second his prize pupil is getting stolen

Not again tio, not again

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mean.gif

At my buddy throwing his engagement party on 12/12. I begged him to move the date up or to a different week but he can't because his Fiancee's friend is driving up from Cali to be at the dinner. I got him to move up the dinner to 7pm PST I told him I'm leaving at 9 to catch the fight. I'm putting $500 on the fight and I better be damn sure I catch this. #TeamAldo

The first grappling exchange ronda had with holm woulda been the last with floyd.

Cats acting like floyd a boxer is the same as holm an mma fighter. Floyd wouldn't even been able to land like holm, ronda would duck right under and put him on his ***

Don't care what anyone says nor will we ever find out lol

lets not get ahead of ourselves, a better camp and a better strategy could be the difference

lets not pretend like rhonda played to her strengths by running around trying to take hollys head off

Of course but we know she probably wont do that. If she stays with the same camp she will probably get washed again.

The first grappling exchange ronda had with holm woulda been the last with floyd.

Cats acting like floyd a boxer is the same as holm an mma fighter. Floyd wouldn't even been able to land like holm, ronda would duck right under and put him on his ***

Don't care what anyone says nor will we ever find out lol

Again, asinine and lazy argument.

It has taken Holm four years to get to this point. Think about that.

Again, as I stated earlier. Ronda aside, any hypothetical scenario where Floyd is fighting in the UFC would have to involve him taking the time to properly train.

You know he's got unparalleled work ethic, and he's as cerebral as they come.

So why would you assume Floyd would fight say, a Jose Aldo or a Connor McGregor w/o taking the time, years even, to properly train?

This is why the whole argument is convoluted.

Again, you wouldn't expect Rousey to just haphazardly take a fight with a WBC Lightweight champion Delfine Persoon without taking the time to learn how to properly box and compete.

I mean, again, it's not as if Holm just waltzed over from boxing/kickboxing into the UFC and became champ over night.

Dana, ESPN, Rousey and Joe Rogan all played you dudes for fools. They got you to abandon all common sense.

Really any world-class boxer, who took the time to learn other disciplines would be a legitimate threat in the world of MMA. Just like a world class judoka would be, or a world class BJJ practitioner, or a world class wrestler.

See how that works? Yeah.......Crazy right?

I mean look at Brock ******' Lesnar. Here's a guy who was a former NCAA Heavyweight Champion, a two time All-American who finished with a record of 106-5 at Minnesota, and who only spent a little over a year and a half training and competing before beating Randy Couture for the UFC HW strap.

That's just an example, obviously a wrestling base is arguably the most effective discipline one could have in the UFC.

But Holm has proven that a boxer who takes the time to properly make the transition can excel. I mean hell, we've seen guys make the transition from the Abu Dhabi and Pan Am ranks of BJJ into full-spectrum MMA. COUNTLESS guys.

Likewise we've seen no shortage of great kickboxers successfully make the transition. So on and so forth. It's no different.

So yeah, ya'll can continue that lazy *** argument, it just doesn't hold any water when you really think about it.

Last edited:
I ain't even gon read all that, I was just responding to the ppl who said floyd would wash her after the fight last night.

And nobody played me for anything. An mma fighter beats a boxer in a fight.

Last edited:
If Ronda is smart, she'll go to Canada and click up with Firas.
His analysis of the fight was great. He broke it down how Holly was able to defend some of Ronda's usual tactics.

Still some quality teams/coaches out there Tristar, AKA, ATT, Bang (groan, Ronda would not put up with his own ish but he definitely helped TJ improve on his stand up).

194 is going to be hype. 193 was the appetizer. Because the salt from Aldo/McGregor might not get the same mainstream attention but it'll definitely show and prove the UFC Hype Machine.

I was a Rousey fan up until this Holm fight. Everything that happened made me sour on her. Especially the lube part.

Pissed that there will be no MMA Hour today since Ariel was reporting from Australia 
frown.gif

Looking ahead to this weekend's fights, not a bad free card. Magny vs Gastelum, Diego vs Lamas and Cejudo vs Formiga

Last edited:
I ain't even gon read all that
Because you know you're out of your league.

His post was well thought out and constructed. Just admit you're not prepared to have a critical debate.

I'm a fan of both boxing and MMA. He makes perfect sense.

We all know you're trolling bro.

Last edited:
Part of the reason Rousey lost was because she and Edmond thought that her striking was great. They were even talking about how she could become a boxer and win a title right away. They were thinking all of this when everyone else was able to see huge holes in her striking. 

Also like Sonnen and Gil said on ESPN, she needs to work on her wrestling. For Ronda to get takedowns, she has to get in close to utilize her judo. But if she was shooting for a double or single leg takedown she could start her movement further out and avoid some of the shots she were taking.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

In other news, Rousey’s coach: Holm wasn’t getting the better of Ronda in the striking

eek.gif
mean.gif
Delusional. And he says she apologized to him too. She definitely needs to change camps cause that dude is gonna get her seriously hurt, again.
Her mom is really gonna have to run Edmond over with her car for Ronda to leave. But if Dana feels like she needs to change camps, he'll get in her ear and persuade her to leave.

Back
Top Bottom