The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

It kinda does though.

Can you name 2 fighters from other promotions who you think could win gold in the UFC?

All of the One FC champs with the exception of Vera stand a good chance. Especially Bibiano Fernandes and Ben Askren. There's also some good talent coming up in One FC.

The top guys in Shooto and Pancrase can definitely hang at the lighter weights.

Last edited:
Aldo getting knocked out is a fluke?

roll.gif
no, anyone can be knocked out

the manner in how it happened is the fluke

no, anyone can be knocked out

the manner in how it happened is the fluke

No. And that is coming from a guy that cannot stand McGregor.

McGregor's striking that KO'ed Aldo was not a fluke. Maybe Aldo's emotional hands down wild swinging was a fluke, but the shot that KO'ed him was not.

No. And that is coming from a guy that cannot stand McGregor.

McGregor's striking that KO'ed Aldo was not a fluke. Maybe Aldo's emotional hands down wild swinging was a fluke, but the shot that KO'ed him was not.
it's not the knock out, it's not the shot, that same shot could have happened 1 min left in the 4th round and not be considered a fluke

it's how it all went down

am i wrong in that people here actually consider serra's win NOT a fluke?

if anderson silva had broken his leg in the 1st fight instead of the 2nd, that wouldn't be a fluke?

Alright, so serra's win was Not a fluke, that's what we're saying here?

It's a case of me misunderstanding the word?

Last edited:
It's a fight. We want to be dismissive of things that defy our expectations, but these are the very things that happen in a fight.

But a guy getting punched in the face/head in a fight doesn't seem like a "fluke" to me.

Alright, so serra's win was Not a fluke, that's what we're saying here?

It's a case of me misunderstanding the word?

No serras win was not a fluke. GSP was not prepared that night. He took it easy in training camp.

You're using the term to try and discredit was Conor did.

Just had to come in here and say Matt Serra washed that man something silly that night. Awesome moment

serra should've gotten that decision win over hughes. He finished the best ww ever and gave the second best ww ever all he could handle.

serra should've gotten that decision win over hughes. He finished the best ww ever and gave the second best ww ever all he could handle.
He's the only one who showed up to "fight" that night...Hughes talking bout "his wife wanted blood" and proceeded to lay on him for a round and half

Just had to come in here and say Matt Serra washed that man something silly that night. Awesome moment
anyone saying that was a fluke is crazy...i watch that fight from time to time and he beat him for 4 min. his defense, countering, etc everything looked so sharp

For the record, I don't think Aldo is a hype job at all. UFC actually hasn't promoted him well at all in spite of him transitioning from WEC champ to UFC champ.

He was dominant for sure based on wins, but I still don't think he was as good as some make him out to be.

OK. Yea I dunno man, I would still probably put him up there as one of the greats, definitely the best featherweight of all time. I just think he got emotional and maybe had a little ring rust, and made a really stupid mistake that allowed him to get caught by a guy with the power, accuracy and reach to capitalize on it.

Conor was just his perfect foil, kinda like Weidman for Anderson. I think Aldo was as good as advertised, but McGregor was also as good as advertised, and he just had the right style to make Aldo pay for his mistakes.

What really annoys me is that the counter left straight that Conor caught Aldo with, he's thrown it so many times before in fights. It's crazy that this guy Aldo didn't watch the fight tape and think maybe I should watch out for that. I guess he did RDA a favor in the way he went out though, I'm thinking RDA will be much more prepared.

going by what's been said here, i'm starting to think my definition of fluke is wrong and i'm interested in seeing example posts of what people consider to be flukes in the martial arts world, and what about it makes it a fluke

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't know if fluke is the right to word..or everyone just has their own meaning of the word

Where does this guy get the nuts to say stuff like this? 
roll.gif

On one hand I like the angst and complete disregard though. I need something, anything to fire me up for the rematch that I am not on board with

"It wasn't my night, it was his night and he deserved to win that fight," Weidman told AXS TV. "He's a guy I'm very capable of just completely running through. I was at maybe 10 to 20 percent of me and I was still kicking his *** for a while in there. I wasn't where I should have been at mentally and physically, I'll just put it at that.

"I don't like to make excuses. Listen, I'll just say this: It was the worst camp I ever had. A lot of things were going on. But what I felt in there was a weak guy [in Rockhold] who was ready to break before it all went downhill for me with that spinning back kick."

Last edited:
What if rockhold was fighting at 21%? For the rematch they should compare what percentages they are at for the tale of the tape.

To be fair, that really didn't look like the best Weidman we've seen. And I had dude win the 1st round with a split second.

But also, Luke was pretty ill going into that fight. The effect antibiotics has on conditioning is no joke. And he whooped his *** in the 3rd and 4th.

Neither fighters were nowhere near their absolute best and they still put on a great fight. I got Weidman in the rematch....

going by what's been said here, i'm starting to think my definition of fluke is wrong and i'm interested in seeing example posts of what people consider to be flukes in the martial arts world, and what about it makes it a fluke

For me, in sports a fluke is just luck. That you didn't deserve to win because it was luck. And that in itself takes credit away from guys like Conor. That's why it's sad that people would almost give Conor more credit if the fight went longer, which doesn't make sense to me.

That was Conor's night plain and simple.

Weidman was definitely in that fight, I just question where he gets the nerve to talk down to Rockhold to that degree 
laugh.gif

Dude said he could run through him. Dude ran all the way out of damns

Back
Top Bottom