The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Why you get mad we talk about the kid(jokingly) but not fat boy Hendricks b

Fat kid competing while trying to lose weight isn't equivalent to a professional athlete missing weight due to a lack of self control and discipline. In 18 fights I never missed weight once, so I don't respect a "top" level fighter and former champ that can't make weight.

We can agree to disagree and get back on topic.

Last edited:
Fat kid competing while trying to lose weight isn't equivalent to a professional athlete missing weight due to a lack of self control and discipline. In 18 fights I never missed weight once, so I don't respect a "top" level fighter and former champ that can't make weight.
any fat kid also has a lack of self control and discipline...i use to be one

Last edited:
Everyone bashing the kid sound childish IMO

No matter how he got fat, he dedicated himself to make changes in his life

But folk see the low hanging fruit of a still somewhat fat person, and think they have the green light to shade. :smh:

Grow Up brahs. Srs

-Shout you to the young gawd for making positive changes in his life :smokin

Last edited:
ya got to stop with the body shaming
it's not nice!

if you need to make fun of someone because of how they look, you got a serious problem :smh:

Last edited:
Guise. On behalf of myself and Carver, I apologize for making fun of that fat tub of......I mean overweight kid

Damn. Thread god soft.. Guess I'll wait til 196 to post up in here.. Ain't trying to offend anyone :smh:

so andre fili and yair bout to fight....

yair bout to eat this dood alive on the feet.

love yair's approach, kid all heart with that jones-esque creativity

hopefully a dope fight

Been in the market for some Winning gloves. Every time I see a pro train in them feels like a sign.

Me too. Rakuten is the best place to pick them up. Regret not picking them up while I was in Japan in August.

There are some nice pairs on Ebay. I browse through there to see what some of the colors look like (the custom colors like wine, purple, dark green) or for inspiration.

Sherdog has a thread that's been up for a while with some nice customs.

Really like these. I've seen them for much cheaper from other sellers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Winning-Box...310839?hash=item2a602edeb7:g:s7gAAOSwd0BVzYwD

Haven't done the math by punching in all my colors on Rakuten if I do a nice custom to see how the prices compare.

Part of me wants to splurge on a custom with my kids names on them.

The other part of me says just get a blue pair and save all the money I can for them kids :lol:

Last edited:
Everyone bashing the kid sound childish IMO

No matter how he got fat, he dedicated himself to make changes in his life

But folk see the low hanging fruit of a still somewhat fat person, and think they have the green light to shade.
mean.gif

Grow Up brahs. Srs

-Shout you to the young gawd for making positive changes in his life
smokin.gif
just for the record i wasn't bashing the kid. i was just responding to the fact that we all dont have self control

it also has to do with genetics and the way ur "programmed" as a kid...his parents could have been feeding him spaghettio's, cookies and cola his young life and his body adapted to the need for sugar, sodium, etc...its def difficult to make those changes. happens alot, ppl dont realize but its hard to break habits that seem normal to u. 

Last edited:
The other part of me says just get a blue pair and save all the money I can for them kids :lol:

Do it. I am about to pull the trigger on some in blue, black, or whatever color is ready to ship. Under $200 shipped off rakuten is where it is at.

They were $160 in Japan though, the regret is real. All the fighters at my friends gym had the 18s for sparring, but different gloves for pad work including winnings, Reyes, King, windy, you name it.

Anyone heard junkie yesterday Scott Coker said he only wants fighters that move the needle and have something to bring to the table. If I had to take a guess it would Def be overeem and bendo . Sterling might get the boot out of the 3

Coker will take what he can get. There are reports he wants Wandy. So that says it all. I wouldn't even be surprised if he got Chris Leben. It's a different landscape from when Coker had Strikeforce. Strikeforce was actually a legit promotion with a legit stable of fighters and prospects

Bellator is like a completely different sport almost in terms of their caliber. It's definitely an uphill battle for other promotions at this point in time, with the UFC buying out its competition 

Anyone heard junkie yesterday Scott Coker said he only wants fighters that move the needle and have something to bring to the table. If I had to take a guess it would Def be overeem and bendo . Sterling might get the boot out of the 3

:smh: I hope that's not the case. If so, Coker is ******* up.

Those guys are definitely important but part of what made Strikeforce dope was their eye for new talent. Rockhold, Cormier, Kennedy, Bigfoot, Woodley, Melendez, Shields, Noons, King Mo etc. And even the name guys that were ex-ufc or Pride were either approaching, still in, or very close to their primes (Diaz, Fedor, Arlovski, Henderson, Mousasi, Jacare, Daley). They brought up and made guys stars who might've just been another name on the roster in the UFC. And they could probably do it again considering how frustrated some of the fighters are with reebok and the ufc's pay.

Nobody wants to see seriously washed up UFC fighters main eventing though man. Wand vs Chris Leben rematch :x :x :x

And they already got dudes like Michael Page and McGeary that could be names if they'd promote them right. Coker gotta step it up man

Coker will take what he can get. There are reports he wants Wandy. So that says it all. I wouldn't even be surprised if he got Chris Leben. It's a different landscape from when Coker had Strikeforce. Strikeforce was actually a legit promotion with a legit stable of fighters and prospects

Yeah I agree, but I really don't get it. If anything shouldn't he have a bigger budget and more pull since they're backed by Viacom. Something has to be off behind the scenes there

Last edited:
I just think the market is way more dry and the pool has shrunk considerably. They are literally rendered as taking the UFC leftovers or whatever the UFC doesn't want

Seems like there's a lot of prospects on the UFC card this Saturday

Last edited:
Rothwell weighed in at the 265 limit 
laugh.gif
 this man is freakin huge 

There's a prospect from Aldo's camp, a guy who trains under Bendo and a few other prospects.. and of course Sage. At least a bit of interest on the undercards 

Watched road to the octagon and Rothwell seems like a cool dude. Almost died twice when he was younger. Cool to see him coach people in his town in Wisconsin. He's got a cute wife with braces too.

Back
Top Bottom