The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Next time I am home, I will try to get some version of it to upload. It was about 30 seconds long with me getting dropped and springing back up as soon as my knee hit the mat; I clinched and there was an awkward headlock situation that ended with me having my opponents back. Triangled my legs immediately and got the tap from a tight RNC.

Was a good night for our gym with the exception being the main event. There was 4 of us on the card.

First up was a dude that played football for Arizona in college that was now mid 30s and jacked. He didn’t have to cut any weight and his opponent was a sloppy white dude. He won with a first round arm bar and his opponent’s team went online claiming he cut a ton of weight and was a bully. Was his single MMA fight and he went on to win the Masters division of a some BJJ world tournament. Pretty sure he left the DMV and opened a gym in Arizona.

Next up was my cousin fighting Muay Thai and his opponent missed weight by like 10lbs. My cousin TKOed in the first.

Then I won in the first.

Our final guy was the main even and got KOed in the first. 😂

Edit:
In the mean time, here is my second fight in Thailand before I developed any real skill. I got KOed spectacularly on live TV. Prior to this I had 1 amateur MMA fight, 1 kickboxing smoker, and my pro debut against a sandbagging Italian as a main event for the late show at Rajadamnern Stadium (I got stopped from a cut which is still a visible scar to this day).

Last edited:
Forgot I had this on my bookshelf.

It was always the crown jewel in my collection.

…still the best mma event of time imo.

IMG_0544.jpeg

There’s an English feed that’s what I have been watching lol
lol I didn’t know there was an English stream. Noted for 304.

I went to bed after the MVP/Garry fight. I’m waiting for them to upload the co main and main to the platform. From listening to the MMAfighting post show and online posts, those are the only fights to watch.
I thought so.

Came down to how you judged the 3rd.

Garry just hanging off MVP’s back in the latter half of the round wasn’t enough for him to steal it IMO.

Definitely close though.
I could see how the judges gave it to Garry. MVP was styling on his feet. But when he “reversed” the take down in round three. He wasn’t busy AND Garry was landing elbows from bottom. Then we had that back sequence. It was definitely a close fight. Garry exploited a major weakness in Michael’s game.

Garry has entered the top ten and he’s fighting a style whereby he wins and doesn’t expose himself much. His last two fights have demonstrated that where he fought someone who had an advantage somewhere. He figures out how to nullify but unfortunately it’s boring for the fan. It’s wild he’s doing this without a real camp.

Next time I am home, I will try to get some version of it to upload. It was about 30 seconds long with me getting dropped and springing back up as soon as my knee hit the mat; I clinched and there was an awkward headlock situation that ended with me having my opponents back. Triangled my legs immediately and got the tap from a tight RNC.

Was a good night for our gym with the exception being the main event. There was 4 of us on the card.

First up was a dude that played football for Arizona in college that was now mid 30s and jacked. He didn’t have to cut any weight and his opponent was a sloppy white dude. He won with a first round arm bar and his opponent’s team went online claiming he cut a ton of weight and was a bully. Was his single MMA fight and he went on to win the Masters division of a some BJJ world tournament. Pretty sure he left the DMV and opened a gym in Arizona.

Next up was my cousin fighting Muay Thai and his opponent missed weight by like 10lbs. My cousin TKOed in the first.

Then I won in the first.

Our final guy was the main even and got KOed in the first. 😂

Edit:
In the mean time, here is my second fight in Thailand before I developed any real skill. I got KOed spectacularly on live TV. Prior to this I had 1 amateur MMA fight, 1 kickboxing smoker, and my pro debut against a sandbagging Italian as a main event for the late show at Rajadamnern Stadium (I got stopped from a cut which is still a visible scar to this day).

My man got kod into the rocky statue pose. Props having all your faculties and not being Antonio Brown today.

MVP showed up to give a show. A specific one lol. Just bad after the Semtex fight, he didn’t shore up that part of his game. Especially if going to the UFC was his goal. Welterweight is rife with dudes that can wrestle.

Garry turning in to a white Leon Edwards is something. Dude is talented but talking a big game and then deciding to do just enough in those fight is definitely a choice.

Calling for Shavkat ain't it when you're no where near as defensively sound as Leon is. Trying to pitch a perfect game against guys like Shavkat and JDM will eventually get you finished. Can't let guys that skilled who take big risks during fights hang around for 25 minutes.

He’s a g. But is he a capital G that can take on all comers?

I think with his age and based on return on investment…I can see them going the heavyweight title route.

Ankalaev (sp) is a bad matchup.

Islam knows:

I don't know about bad matchup but maybe the best odds of beating Alex out of all the other 205ers. While Ank is the only competent grappler in the division he will still make dumb decisions at times during fights. I could easily see Alex chewing that leg up early to eventually sleep him.

I’d imagine Alex getting at least three to four months off. Might be back for Abu Dhabi, MSG or end of the year card.

Jon is not fighting until November against Stipe. Next month is when Blaydes/Aspinall happens.

So they could do the Ankalaev fight. Or maybe Gane, Volkov, Pavlovich or winner of Blaydes/Aspinall.

News Aggregate for the last 24 hours.

Jiris post fight message to the fans.

Alex’s kids reaction to his win.

Dana on Ige and Diego taking the fight at the last minute.

Ian Garry accusing MVP of cheating (smh)!! He’s saying Shuto box was approached by MVP for Intel on Garry.

Izzy trying to clout chase by posting the pic of him with the arrow over Alex. Fans bashing him online.

Back
Top Bottom