The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Staying champ in a competitive division starts with hunger and motivation

We’ve seen izzy willing to die on several occasions. I wouldn’t blame him if he’s past that phase of his life, he’s rich and accomplished

There is zero doubt that he could beat any of the contenders including chimaev and bo etc if he still had that drive that we’ve seen

However human nature doesn’t work like this. Once you’ve gone through wars and win and get the money things change

We saw how unwilling he was to step on the gas against Sean, at some point your body and brain say enough

When you look at these hungry killers it’s difficult to see izzy having a lot more success

before Khamzat or Nickal touch the strap though.
stringerbell.gif

Uncle Chael mention Usman beating Strickland...and w/o his Nigerian "Brother" as champ, it does open the door for Kamaru to make a run at MW.

Lmao. Ain’t nobody care about usman man

Even if izzy retired today, chimaev and costa both have much better storylines with Strickland

DDP and whittaker are there still

I would be shocked to see Dana let usman cut all of them. He can cut cannonier, though sure no problem

Lol.

Ali and Kamaru, now you know you in trouble. Skip the line? Maybe not. But I could see him getting the preferential treatment if he could beat a top contender. Kind of like the opportunity Rose got with Manon. Rob Whitaker versus Kamaru Usman? Who would be mad at that?

Not an unfair take, especially if he isn’t in his peak prime form

Yeah even if you take form out of it I don't think he's ever had the necessary technical ability to deal with that.

I think either of them guys would be the Weidman to his Anderson.

Just assumptions of course given neither has done much at 185 but I imagine the Costa fight will tell the story.

Uncle Chael mention Usman beating Strickland...and w/o his Nigerian "Brother" as champ, it does open the door for Kamaru to make a run at MW.

Chael tryna get this man killed :lol:

Mans 36 with a ton of miles. Kamaru doesn't want make a run at 185 at this point.

When you're champ you can cherry pick opponents. If he was still WW champ and could get the fight with Strickland he would do it tomorrow.

But given he has lost that privilege does he really want to see a Vettori or Cannonier in a 185 debut?

I think Bo can beat the top tier but definitely gotta see him actually do the Damb thing

Let him get one more warmup and then throw him a ranked

Yeah if usman beat whittaker you’d have something cooking

But then again it doesn’t look like izzy is retiring or going anywhere so it’s back to square one
Maybe he convinced his man to take a break. In the mean time, Ali convinces Dana to let Usman fight Whitaker in a UFC co-main event. They're both coming off loses. Kamaru isn't going to fight Leon a fourth time. Whitaker just loss and has to wait to see what happens with Izzy or DDP.

Obviously, Kamaru has the option to fight the winner of Leon/Colby if Colby wins.

Bo has potential. Just have to give him the test. Ian Garry, Tom Aspinall, Bo Nickal, Umar, etc. There quite a few guys who got next. Just gotta give them that 1-2 top 15 test.

Iono he look kinda light in the pocket for 185

Don't see him tossing the DDP's, the Whittakers, Costa's and Vittori's around

Not exactly a sniper on the feet either.

We shall see though, I think a matchup against KG or Brunson would tell us alot about where he at.

Have no clue since its all hype at the moment

Still wondering if we ever get Khamzat USADA violation confirmed. Long time with no fight for a guy that started active then moved up after a failed weight cut.

Either that or his buddy relationship with Chechnya’s dictator gave him Visa problems. Hence his next fight being outside of the US.

Jared is also way down the list of contenders so who knows if they make him fight at least twice more before sniffing a shot. Sean stumbled into the shot and was kind of in the right place at right time. No one is clamoring for Cannonier to get a crack anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom