The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yeah bellator has been doing Friday and Saturday cards- I have no insight on the success but from my perspective it’s a really weird strategy for them

They’re already not stacking cards. Spreading out fighters immensely weakens each event

Bellator is clown shoes.

Maybe book a bigger venue, stack the card, promote it which raises awareness for higher gate and viewers.

Running two shows is higher operating costs and doesn't provide a good RoI. I honestly don't understand them as a company. I'm probably just hating but PFL or BKFC seem to be doing mo.

UFC can do it in Vegas and can probably turn a profit International Fight Week (in Vegas or Abu Dhabi).

I'll probably catch up to the UFC and Bellator MEs on Sunday.

I might be wrong, but I think those double night cards are mainly in Hawaii. I forget where i heard from but the venue they go to there doesn't hold much capacity so they need to have 2 nights there in order to make money.

I might be wrong, but I think those double night cards are mainly in Hawaii. I forget where i heard from but the venue they go to there doesn't hold much capacity so they need to have 2 nights there in order to make money.
Basically this, there are no NBA sized arenas in Hawaii and aloha stadium is outdoors with no tarp or covering. It's too risky to hold fights there as rain can come out of nowhere in HI even in summer months.

They definitely had back to back events in other places besides Hawaii. I just didn't realize this was years ago

2020: They did OKC Friday and Dublin Saturday as well as back to back in CT
2019: Back to back in CT, Friday in Dublin and Saturday in LA then back to back in CT yet again
2018: Friday in OKC and Saturday in Italy then Friday in CT and Saturday in NY

I'm sure the list goes on.. but they have done this often

Just checked Borg's wiki and guy's missed weight 5 times now. And he wants to get back into the UFC?!?! They gon be like "that's a no from me dawg".

Holy ****- this was for 125!!!?????

WUT IN DA BELLATOR is going on????
My guess is they were trying to cater to the large Japanese population in Oahu by putting Guchi in there. There's also rumors of a Rizin card being held in Hawaii later this year so probably trying to use this as a launch into that but yea won't be able to do that tomorrow anymore... Maybe find a guy who can actually make 125 reliably!

They really gonna give Whittaker another shot against Izzy if he beats DDP??? I'm not buying it.
I really don't want to see Whittaker vs Izzy again

Dricus will get demolished by Whittaker and there will be nobody left to fight Izzy at 185 :rofl:

At this point, throw Chimaev or Bo in there

Back
Top Bottom