The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Damn was really looking forward to seeing Nate back out there in less than two weeks but at least injury is only minor and fight still a go for June.

Especially missing out on one last UFC pay day, a means to possibly work with the company afterward, a method to use momentum to transition into his next life.

That Fabia guy has destroyed his legacy. I hope Diego wakes up. It's not easy.

Pretty sure the UFC bought out Diego’s last fight when they cut him loose. I highly doubt they released him without pay. They have a long history of just paying people to go away if they have one fight left and a history with the company.

I don’t know how many people in here watched ”I Care a Lot“ on Netflix, but that feels like the situation Diego is in with the exception being he drank Fabia’s Kool-aid and is completely in love with him.

So they paid him his show money? Or show/win? We have no idea. Plus, he's gotten nothing but bad press from the situation, so how does it help future endeavors?

And Fabia definitely engaging in cult-like behavior. I think the similarity to that movie is that Fabia is definitely predatory.

So they paid him his show money? Or show/win? We have no idea. Plus, he's gotten nothing but bad press from the situation, so how does it help future endeavors?

And Fabia definitely engaging in cult-like behavior. I think the similarity to that movie is that Fabia is definitely predatory.

Looks like he got it all. Pretty nice pay day for not actually fighting.

$200K straight to Joshua Fabio.

I'm curious on what Diego will do now? Continue fighting in Bellator/One/PFL?

Fabio can't be happy his cash cow won't make money in the thing he's good at. I wonder if Fabio had any influence on Diego's divorce?

John Nash? He's the one who's reporting on the Anti trust lawsuit. Morgan can be a shill to the UFC at times so he can always get those interviews.
He works for BloodyElbow. I mean...you might be right. But based on the articles I see on that site and what I hear from their podcasts, I don't think they have a favorable relationship with UFC/Endeavor. If he worked for MMAjunkie, etc....maybe. I don't even think their reporters are credentialed in attending events.

He works for BloodyElbow. I mean...you might be right. But based on the articles I see on that site and what I hear from their podcasts, I don't think they have a favorable relationship with UFC/Endeavor. If he worked for MMAjunkie, etc....maybe. I don't even think their reporters are credentialed in attending events.
Oh yeah John Nash is 100% a real reporter. But you said John Morgan, that's the Jabba the hut looking cat that works for Junkie.

You're right. Lol. My bad. Nash.

Morgan definitely a shill. And it's hilarious because he embodies exactly the arguments Dana White makes toward these MMA reporters. Yet, he has the credentials to attend events. Access to athletes. Etc.

Rakic has no shame. Jiri asked to fight him for the longest Rakic turned the fight down twice and openly said Jiri wasn't on his level (see below) now that Prochazka has the juice here comes Rakic with his tail between his legs smh.

And now "it's the fight that makes the most sense"

Last edited:
I'm cool with Jiri waiting it out and getting the next shot or putting him on the same card as the title fight with Rakic as the co main.

The more time he takes between fights the better just so he can heal that chin up. Cause God knows he's going to be blocking with his face again.

From what I'm hearing Diego and his coach do sound like they're doing a lot, but I also read that the UFC wouldn't give him his medical records without full assurance that he had no pressing medical issues at the moment? So basically they wanted him to sign off on saying he didn't have CTE or anything before they turned over the records?

His coach seems like a nutcase for sure, but if there's any truth to that story then the UFC's hands aren't clean in this thing either, they're withholding his medical info to avoid a lawsuit.

Why would the UFC have his medical record? Are they his primary medical provider? What is the lawsuit? And can he file one?

I've heard egregious claims of them not financially supporting medical claims/issues due to how they could have been obtained out of competition.

From what I'm hearing Diego and his coach do sound like they're doing a lot, but I also read that the UFC wouldn't give him his medical records without full assurance that he had no pressing medical issues at the moment? So basically they wanted him to sign off on saying he didn't have CTE or anything before they turned over the records?

His coach seems like a nutcase for sure, but if there's any truth to that story then the UFC's hands aren't clean in this thing either, they're withholding his medical info to avoid a lawsuit.
At the same time if the coach is saying he’s worried about Diego’s health or questioning it, the promotion has all the reason to be skeptical and protect themselves too

plus I heard from mmafighting today that the commissions are the ones who give that info not the ufc

Some are theorizing the coach is trying to build a lawsuit against the ufc

Back
Top Bottom