The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yeah, I'm not just gonna sit back and depend on my manager. I'm gonna handle **** too lol. If you want to make sure you get paid right, hell yeah I'm gonna do anything I can to speak up on it. You guys act like managers have gotten fighters good pay :rofl:

Idc what needs to be done, you make Francis vs Jones happen. No way any of us would rather see Lewis. EVERYONE wants the Jones fight.

Am I crazy for thinking that kind of fight along with a stacked card could sell out the new stadium in Vegas?
Seriously. The attitude of "if they can't make Francis v Jones, then oh well" is bizarre. That's the fight to make

Nobody is clamoring for Stipe trilogy, nor the Lewis rematch. I personally wouldn't care if neither of those never happened

Unfortunately the HW division is low-key cheeks now. I'm honestly most interested in Gane

Yeah, I'm not just gonna sit back and depend on my manager. I'm gonna handle **** too lol. If you want to make sure you get paid right, hell yeah I'm gonna do anything I can to speak up on it. You guys act like managers have gotten fighters good pay :rofl:
How come no one is criticizing Malki and Abe? Masvidal was complaining about pay too.

Henry has been “retired” for a year. I think because of his relationship with Ali, he’s not vocalizing his issue.

These managers are quantity over quality. How many fighters does Ali have at Bellator, UFC and PFL?

These guys representing their best interests and the company.

Idc what needs to be done, you make Francis vs Jones happen. No way any of us would rather see Lewis. EVERYONE wants the Jones fight.

Am I crazy for thinking that kind of fight along with a stacked card could sell out the new stadium in Vegas?
UFC isn’t incentivized to make the best matchups thanks to the ESPN money. Every card is 500K buys money wise. Now obviously the re up would get messed up if they weren’t trying to make cards like Usman/Masvidal.

This is the side some of y'all are taking? :rofl:

How many times have we seen Dana do this? "We offered him the fight, he didn't want it so X fighter was willing to no problem" :rofl:

Did the man vacate his ******* belt or not? :rofl:

Y'all are trippin something serious

Derek Lewis?

Derrik lewis?

Derrick Louis??????

Get the **** out of here man

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Derrick Lewis is the fight to make, but if Jon Jones really wants that fight, and listen, it’s one thing to go out and tweet and say you want it, and I put on the weight and this and that – do you want the fight?” White asked at the post-fight press conference. “I promise you we can call Derrick Lewis or one of these other heavyweights and they want the fight.

“If Jon Jones really wants the fight, Jon Jones knows he can get the fight. All he’s got to do is call and do it. It’s easy to say you want the fight, but if you really want the fight, Francis Ngannou is the heavyweight champion of the world right now. All he’s got to do is pick up the phone and call [UFC EVP and Chief Business Officer] Hunter [Campbell] and we can get the deal done.”

Stiope doing all that posturing with the belt in the pres like he was actually going to hold it, serves him right

I’m not taking that Dana/UFC side. They clearly treat their business like a sweatshop lol. And it’s almost carny. Not quite WWE.

We’re going after the streamers. Khabib is streaming last weekends fights sitting right next to Dana.

We have a code of conduct. Paul Daley throws an illegal strike at Josh K after the last bell. He’s expelled out of the UFC. Khabib and Conor get into one of the worst most disdainful post fight incident. Or Conor throwing carts at buses after a media event in NYC.

Dana says Hw Title winner vs JBJ could be one of the biggest fights. Jon says he’ll do it as long as you pay me. Dana says Jon is scared.

Why would anyone criticize the managers before the promotion? Y'all are insane :lol: . We've heard 100s of stories of ufc pay tactics and baiting them in to contracts. I mean there's an on going lawsuit for said tactics.

Masvidal took a gamble on his stance and got the lucky break. Guaranteed if Burns never pulled out cause of Covid or Leon had time for a short camp, Masvidal would still be sitting out right now without a fight. When ufc had no choice they said **** it and paid Masvidal (his worth) renegotiating a new contract. What's the problem with the greatest fighter of the promotion wanting to get the money he deserves? The mans literally went through 3 generations of contenders in his division without an L.

Thursday at the presser and around 2 weeks before Dana said Jones has the winner. He got next, he's the fight to make.

Last night, Jones tweets "show me the money" and that he's ready.

Dana says Derrick Lewis is the fight to make :lol:

And I don't even **** with, Jon Jones. Stop making me defend that man on fighter pay.

And I get that Dana is doing what does out of the interest of the promotion but that doesn't mean you have to agree with him or take a stance against Jon Jones

He's clearly trying to back Jon into a corner. After all these years of talking about HW just let it happen Dana :lol: come on man

Seriously. This is the fight to make and a chance to make the UFC Heavyweight division the premier division to the casual fan base.

Dana trying to keep Ngannou from reaching that "bigger than the promotion" type stardom.

Damn we really never going to get this fight :smh:

Remember the time Dana pressured JBJ to fight Chael on short notice when Hendo got injured?

This was before the drugs, law run ins and PEDs. Dana vilified him and attempted to pressure him into fighting.

Uncle Dana doing all this posturing for no reason because they’re gonna make the damn fight.

WME wants to take full control over the company and go public. There’s a reason why Dana been loading up these PPV cards every month this year now he’s bringing back fans at a full capacity? Upping the value and cashing out again.

Remember the time Dana pressured JBJ to fight Chael on short notice when Hendo got injured?

This was before the drugs, law run ins and PEDs. Dana vilified him and attempted to pressure him into fighting.

Yup, they had to cancel the card. And this was when Jon was on the rise, and had a Nike AND Gatorade deal in his pocket.

Dana has hated Jon ever since.

Sometimes I wonder how much people understand what they're actually seeing

A heavyweight charged hands down at another heavyweight and got knocked out

Stipe came back from everything before that just fine, props to Francis for getting it done

Reminds me of the Rafael assuncao situation, people saying codys back because some guy charged at him with his hands down, yeah okay
That has nothing to do with what I said. Obviously It’s the fight game all it can take is one shot.

My point was that Francis has/had the upper hand as far as mileage and wear and tear on the body goes. Since the first fight Francis had taken less damage meanwhile Stipe went through Wars with DC and got knocked out in the process, he already talks with a heavy tongue and slight lisp. Add to the fact that he’s pushing 40 years old.

My previous post was coming from a betting perspective, as most people were putting money on Stipe because of his “experience”, and that was my counter argument to that.

I think Jones should have a warm up at heavy weight.

Maybe against Stipe

I’d argue LHW to HW is probably the hardest jump to make up.

**** Dana ....

He is a leash ....

On another note ... making a fight in Africa and having all 3 of them Champs in a card would be insane.

Not sure if it be profitable but Im sure they would pack hundreds of thousands if room allowed.

I think Jones should have a warm up at heavy weight.

Maybe against Stipe

Agreed. I always thought Jon should have a warm up bout first, then (assuming he wins) get a shot at the HW title. but he is Jon Jones at the end of the day so he's deserving of a title shot off rip.

Jon's little twitter frenzy is corny tho. I do agree that he should be paid, but handle that stuff behind the scenes. Dana needs to stop playing games and be willing to back up the Brinks truck for highly anticipated fights like this.

Back
Top Bottom