The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Feel like they could just fight at HW, especially if Izzy happens to run through Jan (which is not my opinion, I'm just saying)

Excited to see Ulberg make his big show debut. He's already 30 so he'll need to evolve rather quickly but he seems to have some pop. Not sure if he'll be another Jonny Walker though

Also interested to see how Askarov does against Joe B. Joe keeps on truckin

Feel like there's a better chance at HW than Jones going back down to 205 if both Izzy and Jones with their next fights

A loss for either obviously changes things big time

Yan vs Sterling will be fireworks man. Yan TDD is pretty elite but if Aljo can get his hands on him it'll be a long night for the champ.

Izzy by 1st round sub 8)

Jons been wrestling since HS

He can cut the weight no problemo

it will happen at 205

no reason for it to be at HW, both will be slower.

and for it to be at HW Jon would have to be champ, izzy not going to relinquish his belt for a non-title fight at HW. Dana would never.

so 205 is the most likely scenario if izzy win Saturday.

does jon have any issues cutting weight? seems like it's never an issue for him
then again, he's older now, and making that cut gets more difficult

Jon’s next fight will be for the hw title, should he and Izzy win, triple champ for Izzy would be appealing and plenty of reason to have the fight at hw

Jon’s spent all this time engineering his body for hw, to turn right around and then go back to 205 wouldn’t seem ideal

Izzy wouldn’t really be that much slower and Jon seems like he’s there to stay at hw after he gave up his belt

so if Izzy and Jon fought at 205 for the belt, and Jon wins, he just relinquishes again? I don’t know how that makes sense either

Jon’s next fight will be for the hw title, should he and Izzy win, triple champ for Izzy would be appealing and plenty of reason to have the fight at hw

Jon’s spent all this time engineering his body for hw, to turn right around and then go back to 205 wouldn’t seem ideal

Izzy wouldn’t really be that much slower and Jon seems like he’s there to stay at hw after he gave up his belt

so if Izzy and Jon fought at 205 for the belt, and Jon wins, he just relinquishes again? I don’t know how that makes sense either
Izzy says alot of things. I think him saying he would go to HW was more **** talking jones than anything else.

(conor also mentioned he “might” go up to 70 and take woodleys belt too after the alvarez fight)

Triple champ? He would be holding 205 and 185 up, doubt dana lets anyone go for 3 simultaneous belts....thats just a total logistics nightmare

but it sounds good and makes a good sound byte.

If Izzy wins I think the story line of Jones coming back to 205 to show Izzy who the real goat is, is the best storyline possible.

If Izzy wins I think the story line of Jones coming back to 205 to show Izzy who the real goat is, is the best storyline possible.
And then he gives up the belt again? I mean it could happen for sure but that would be stupid imo unless jones stayed at 205

Not really surprised.. At least we don't have to see Lewis send Reems chin to the shadow realm. Fight would've been ugly for him.

:wow::lol:

Screenshot_20210303-200654_Reddit-01.jpeg

Hoping Izzy doesn't get too adventurous with the BJJ and try some **** since he's now a purple belt.

I respect the work he put in, but at this point I think I'm really gonna enjoy the day when someone turns Bones' lights off

I think Izzy vs Bones is biggest if Izzy pulls out the win this Saturday and Bones beats the winner of Stipe vs Francis. But the problem is I'm not completely confident Izzy gets past Jan, much less that Bones beats the winner of Stipe or Ngannu.

I think Stipe is underrated and a real tough matchup for Bones, Bones doesn't have the punching power to KO him like Cormier. I think it could look something like Bones vs a bigger, stronger, version of Dominick Reyes. Stipe may be slightly out of his prime and maybe not quite as mobile as Reyes, but he's also more tested and a naturally bigger guy with a better reach and more power. And Jones is slowing down as well, those in cage heavyweight clips he posted look terrible. If he can't dominate people with his wrestling at heavyweight then I feel like dude is bound to get stopped.

And if Ngannu beats Stipe then that means he improved his wrestling defense pretty substantially, so between that and the fact that if he touches you it's over, then that's a rough match for Jones too.

I guess we'll see how things play out, but if Izzy wins Saturday I think the best bet is striking while the iron is hot, 205 title fight at the end of the year.

On the other hand, 205 Champ Israel vs Heavyweight Champ Jones sometime next year when the pandemic is completely in the past would be BIG business, but I just think you'd be depending on one too many things to break the right way.

I tend to agree on the skepticism of Jones at HW. I was even thinking about that when watching someone like Gane. Granted he's green as hell but I feel like that type of skill set could give Jones problems if Jones can't take these guys down

I mean, Reyes was green as hell and beat Jones so who knows

I respect the work he put in, but at this point I think I'm really gonna enjoy the day when someone turns Bones' lights off

I think Izzy vs Bones is biggest if Izzy pulls out the win this Saturday and Bones beats the winner of Stipe vs Francis. But the problem is I'm not completely confident Izzy gets past Jan, much less that Bones beats the winner of Stipe or Ngannu.

I think Stipe is underrated and a real tough matchup for Bones, Bones doesn't have the punching power to KO him like Cormier. I think it could look something like Bones vs a bigger, stronger, version of Dominick Reyes. Stipe may be slightly out of his prime and maybe not quite as mobile as Reyes, but he's also more tested and a naturally bigger guy with a better reach and more power. And Jones is slowing down as well, those in cage heavyweight clips he posted look terrible. If he can't dominate people with his wrestling at heavyweight then I feel like dude is bound to get stopped.

And if Ngannu beats Stipe then that means he improved his wrestling defense pretty substantially, so between that and the fact that if he touches you it's over, then that's a rough match for Jones too.

I guess we'll see how things play out, but if Izzy wins Saturday I think the best bet is striking while the iron is hot, 205 title fight at the end of the year.

On the other hand, 205 Champ Israel vs Heavyweight Champ Jones sometime next year when the pandemic is completely in the past would be BIG business, but I just think you'd be depending on one too many things to break the right way.

This is exactly why I want to see the fight happen. IF Izzy wins Saturday you have to make the jones fight happen next. You are playing with fire if you don't, and if Jones looses in his HW debut it takes the whole momentum out of seeing Izzy and Jones go at it both undefeated.

Reem/dos Santos bellator bound?
Most likely unless they somehow could get added as late additions to the PFL tourney which starts next month. Though Reem does have the Japan connection so maybe he goes to Rizin or even One if he wants to be closer to Europe.

Back
Top Bottom