The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

So I was having a discussion amongst some friends in a Sports related FB group recently.

Discussion was around a picture which asked the question:
For $12mil you need to SURVIVE a:
5 rounds vs Jon Jones (I had Reyes 3-2 personally but it was close AF)

OR
12 rounds vs Deontay Wilder
Which do you choose???

I personally said I'd take the Wilder fight, but I'm curious or some of your educated opinions, as most of them I dont think REALLY watch combat sports like that.
So which and why?

So I was having a discussion amongst some friends in a Sports related FB group recently.

Discussion was around a picture which asked the question:
For $12mil you need to SURVIVE a:
5 rounds vs Jon Jones (I had Reyes 3-2 personally but it was close AF)

OR
12 rounds vs Deontay Wilder
Which do you choose???

I personally said I'd take the Wilder fight, but I'm curious or some of your educated opinions, as most of them I dont think REALLY watch combat sports like that.
So which and why?
Most fighters won't go the distance with these two, let alone a civilian.

Im very aware. I assume either case ends in a trip to the hospital nagating a portion of that 12mili you just "earned"

But this is purely a hypothetical in which you feel you'd have the best chance.

Im more interested with your 'why' you chose one over the other as that's where the debate actually starts.

Im very aware. I assume either case ends in a trip to the hospital nagating a portion of that 12mili you just "earned"

But this is purely a hypothetical in which you feel you'd have the best chance.

Im more interested with your 'why' you chose one over the other as that's where the debate actually starts.

How about would you take an oblique kick from Jones or straight right from Wilder for a quarter million? I'm sure Wilder's has more force, but both will knock out a regular person.

How about would you take an oblique kick from Jones or straight right from Wilder for a quarter million? I'm sure Wilder's has more force, but both will knock out a regular person.

A hard neither to both.

My entire plight would be to limit the situations where I can take considerable dmg by employing Johnny's technique from The Last Dragon. "The Art of Fighting without Fighting" :lol:
I personally chose Wilder, and I'd plan to run, hug and fall as much as possible. Assuming no 3 KD rule it appears to be the safest path to the money. Ref can take as many points as he likes for not fighting IDC.

I wouldn't actually fight in either case. But I believe in some of my ability to run away from these guys, more so the one that can't just grab me, knee, elbow or kick me.

if Izzy can do everything he is saying, clear out his division while Jones also remains undefeated going into next summer. That would be one epic fight at the new Vegas stadium

if Izzy can do everything he is saying, clear out his division while Jones also remains undefeated going into next summer. That would be one epic fight at the new Vegas stadium
If he wins next month then it looks to be either Costa or Canonier if he wins impressively by end of the year. Then maybe one more defense early next year. The buildup to a Jones superfight summer 2021 would be massive.

Jones will be cage side for the fights tomorrow. Should be semi interesting. They got that guy who does flips fighting Diego. Going to be an insane match right there

“If Leon wins the fight, it’s going to happen. Me and him are going to definitely fight, because now he’s a very strong candidate for the fight,” Jorge Masvidal said on Submission Radio.

“In the case of Woodley, if I had to pick a guy I wouldn’t fight, it would be him. That’s not a guy that I want to fight. But if we’re going fight, if we’re both in position for the belt, yeah, we’ll do it, and there’d be no heat about it,” he said. “Afterward, we’d go hang out, eat food, talk s**t. Me and Woodley have a really good relationship and we see things really similar. It’s just business. It’s nothing personal.”

Back
Top Bottom