The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

For sure. One of the best FW fights I've ever seen. Tons of back-and-forth striking.

Meant to ask since you're a Pack fan, do Wisconsin dudes rock with "Showtime" like that? I thought he was finished between the Max and "Diamond" fights but I'm looking wrong after the positive "Wonderboy" result.

Yeah we do. My brother actually trained with him at Duke Roufus years ago. I went to watch my brother at jiu-jitsu tournament and Pettis walked in to kind of represent and the place lit up. Him being with Pettis wasn’t a common occurrence though, he doesn’t know him or anything.

The girl who cuts my hair has some connection to him. Her friend knows him very well or something and she’s told me a number of times how much she hates him. Claims he’s a very cocky douche bag. I personally dont hold much weight to it that because I don’t know him and who knows the dynamics of that relationship. He probably banged a friends friend and there was hard feelings or something. I also dont doubt he has a huge head around these parts.

I think people kind of gave up on him but yeah he's turned it around recently and the hype is back. Pettis vs Diaz is the PERFECT fight. Im real pumped for that.

Trying to book Conor for late summer or early fall. Khabib wants to fight in September. Dustin doesn't know what the hold up is on the contract vs Khabib. Hmm :smh:

Dustin vs Khabib will happen. If anything I imagine earliest we get Conor and Khabib COULD be that Vegas card end of December

Not sure how interested I am in this but if somehow they’d turn on each other in the build up it’d be fun. Jorge already said he’d fight his mom

“We were talking about this at least four or five years ago,” Colby Covington said on BJPenn.com Radio. “I mean, we talked about it. That’s the epitome of a friends relationship, to be able to go for the highest honor in the sport that you chose to fight for the number one and two spot in the world. I mean, it would be an honor to fight each other. It’d be a dream come true for us both because we’re both going to make so much money. Dude, we’re fighting *******, sparring hundreds of rounds for free in American top team.

Knocking out WB was HUGE, but I mean he still 3-3 his last 6....2-2 his last 4.....

Chisea and Jim MIller were fights he absolutely should have won...He's been having some success as of late but I wouldn't say he's "back"

If he can get past Nate thats a big deal.....also a very tall order. Nate's chin has been rested for YEARS now...

Dana/UFC definitley banking on Pettis beating cabo nate so they can push his familiar face towards another title run....

especially if this fight is personal, nate thrive in REAL fights

but you know nate, stay ruining dana/ufc plans :pimp:

in no way is pettis on a title run when theyre deliberately not giving him wrestlers

i just think the ufc feels that pettis is an exciting fighter who can put on exciting fights as long as he isnt fighting wrestlers

WB ain’t exactly a walk in the park. Seems like everyone’s nightmare matchup.

Pettis got lucky with that Superman. He was losing that fight.

The company isn’t giving him a title shot unless he can win a few. But he’s believe they want to capitalize off his name.

If Pettis fights like he did in the Ferguson fight (w/o) the injury...there will be blood. It’ll be a scrap. And thankfully no take downs.

Wut

“Yoel Romero, as I reported a few weeks ago, was suing Gold Star Performance Products for that failed drug test that he had several years ago,” Helwani said. “It ended up coming out as a contaminated supplement. I was told by his manager, Abraham Kawa that in New Jersey earlier today they won their case against Gold Star Performance Products and this is what he wrote to me, ‘$27.45M is the total Yoel was awarded. $3M for lost wages, $3M for reputable harm, $3M for emotional damage. Multiply that times three for the state of New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act.’

Wow yea this isn't good news for fight fans though... if financially hes goood. Then why keep fighting at 40 plus if not for a title

Guess we won’t be seeing Yoel for too much longer :lol:

Good for him though. Nice to see another fighter financially set, even if it’s not from being in the cage.

That is a hell of a lot of bread, who knows if that company even has that available.

But even if he doesn’t get $27 mil, I would imagine he’s gonna end up with some kind of bread.

Back
Top Bottom