The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

woahhhh also did not know kyle bochniak was o the main card! yaaaass

his fight with Zabit was an all timer for me

Don’t think anyone was questioning Max’s heart or toughness. More so questioning what his ailment stemmed from and the limits of weigh cutting

Can’t imagine what a fighters body is going through right now. My stomach would be messed up. Be afraid to eat too much after a big weight cut. Hydration has to be the biggest issue. Makes sense you see some of these fighters crapping during the fights. Body doesn’t know what’s going on. Can we do away with the 170 weight class and add a 165/175 already??

Can’t imagine what a fighters body is going through right now. My stomach would be messed up. Be afraid to eat too much after a big weight cut. Hydration has to be the biggest issue. Makes sense you see some of these fighters crapping during the fights. Body doesn’t know what’s going on. Can we do away with the 170 weight class and add a 165/175 already??
Well rumor is that they will be dropping the FLW division in favor of the 165 division so that should bring many of these LW/WW tweeners to those weights into the new division. Then not sure if they'd make WW 175.

Glad to see Max made weight and if he's fully healthy I think he keeps the distance on Ortega and gets a late round TKO.

Well rumor is that they will be dropping the FLW division in favor of the 165 division so that should bring many of these LW/WW tweeners to those weights into the new division. Then not sure if they'd make WW 175.

Glad to see Max made weight and if he's fully healthy I think he keeps the distance on Ortega and gets a late round TKO.
165/175 weight class only makes sense every 10lbs. From 125-185

i guess i'm the only one who thinks people been doing a lot of reaching and seeing what they wanna see in regards to max :lol:

Poor flyweights :lol:
giphy.gif

Bellator, Rizin, One FC should just sign the whole division

No sexist, but I miss the pre-women's MMA days

The pinnacle of women's MMA was the Rousey head kick

Pretty good fight card.

Really looking forward to Holloway v Ortega, Ortega's ground game is so slick wouldn't be surprised if he pulls it off.

Was most worried about Max making weight. Now that he did I think he will take it tonight. Ortega just starts too slow. Max smart enough not to engage w him to the ground. Ortega gonna need a fast start or will be reaching late imo

Didn't realize the ESPN+ streaming cards would have their prelims on free ESPN

Donald Cerrone won’t be fighting Conor McGregor, but his return to lightweight will be featured in a prime slot.

A fight between Cerrone and streaking prospect Alexander Hernandez has been verbally agreed to for UFC on ESPN+ 1 and will be the featured bout on flagship ESPN, two people with knowledge of the situation told MMAjunkie. The people were not authorized to speak publicly because the UFC has yet to make an official announcement.

UFC on ESPN+ 1 takes place Jan. 19 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, and streams on ESPN+. Prelims, however, are set to broadcast nationally on ESPN, with Cerrone (34-11 MMA, 21-8 UFC) vs. Hernandez (10-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) serving as the featured bout.

Dana still hates Woodley

During a recent interview at the UFC 231 ceremonial weigh ins in Toronto, Dana White revealed that he is ready to move on from both Tyron Woodley and Colby Covington.

“So, you know what happens?” Dana White said. “The world moves on without you, boys.”

The brash UFC boss was hoping to book the highly anticipated Woodley vs. Covington grudge match to headline January’s UFC 233 event in Anaheim.

However, according to Dana White, Tyron Woodley doesn’t want to fight anybody.

“When is Woodley ready to fight anybody, ever? Tell me when?” White asked (via MMAJunkie).

Going back through T-City's resume, I didn't realize how close and/or how many fights he could have been losing before snatching a sub

Tavares, Brandao, Guida, Moicano- all of these fights were consecutive and were really close or he was losing before getting the finish in the last round

Also, I completely forgot T-City got caught for steroids

He's proved over and over he can win in comeback fashion however Max may not give him that chance tonight. He's probably got the best take down defense in the division and ESPN has a stat that Max dishes out the most strikes in comparison to absorbing them... while T-City is the worst in that regard

Back
Top Bottom