The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I think Ortega will grab max’s neck the second he sees an opening and finish him similar to cub.

125 is still a valid division. No star power but still home to good fights/fighters. Benavidez, Cejudo, Pettis, Borg, Reis, etc.

I do think they should create the 165 and 175 divisions and get rid of 170.

Women 145 is pointless. There are no fighters beside Anderson and Cyborg.

They just wanted to give cyborg a belt but it's not even like she generates ppv buys. No one paying to watch her wash opponents.

They could if they promoted it. They don’t.

It’s either I’m tuning in to a competitive division or I’m seeing her wash witches.

FW was a competitive division outside of the dominance of DJ. His loss was actually a good thing. Instead they wanted to shelve it.

You think that fight against Jon Jones would've went differently?

Prime shogun is my favorite fighter of all time, and one of the reason I got into training. But even if his knees didn't give out, I still think Jones is by far the most dominant and well rounded fighter the sport will ever see

Even with bad knees and ok fitness, that version of Shogun still beat prime machida twice in a row (yes, their first fight was a BS decision). I still laugh at rogan saying it was the machida era. Anyway, I remember Shogun ate a big knee from jones and that was the beginning of the end.

Don't really understand the Cub-Aldo matchup. Jose should get someone higher ranked or move up to LW. Also Cub is on the downswing of his career and lost 3 in a row so not sure why they'd give him Aldo.

Aldo is ranked #2, behind Ortega, he already beat Mendes & Edgar multiple times, he just finished Stephens, and Moicano fights this Saturday. Cub is the highest ranked available matchup that makes sense.

It's also a decent matchup to see where Aldo is at. If he's still an elite level contender then Cub should be a bit of a soft touch, because he's a standup guy that does nothing better than Aldo on paper. Could be a showcase win, which could then set up a title fight if Ortega wins. If he loses or barely wins then it might be getting close to that time for Aldo.

Also he's been facing nothing but title contenders for years. Giving him a soft touch while they figure out what's gonna happen with Max and Ortega is smart. Possibly set him up for one last run at 145

Back
Top Bottom