The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Look at this dummy. He had all the juice and je gave it away by fighting again... then to come out and say he couldint train or think because of Connor.. . IDIOT. Shoulda been on the couch shaking with PTSD. I would not have taken another fight until Connor settled with me out of court

So another bad weight cut for Max, the weight cutting saga continues....

WHEN WILL IT STOP?

In all seriousness though I hope Max is doing well. This does make me question his future at 145 though.

Bad news for Max Holloway, he suffered water poisoning and appears to be out indefinitely. The FW belt could be vacated and a potential title fight made with Ortega and either Stephens or Edgar at 227. This seems to be happening really fast but hope Max is ok and he's able to get back in the cage by early next year.
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/7/10/...tega-now-wants-fight-vacant-title-ufc-227-mma

Who was it that was all gun ho ready to crucify Max about his "training habits?" This is why you have to let actual reports come out before jumping to conclusions

I feel bad for the guy. It looks like his body is still feeling the after effects from trying to cut 40 pounds in 5 days for the potential Khabib fight. His days at 145 might be numbered.

Ortega has some nerve asking for a vacant title fight after turning down a shot at the Interim Belt last weekend. Dana is going to unleash his petty on him..

Who was it that was all gun ho ready to crucify Max about his "training habits?" This is why you have to let actual reports come out before jumping to conclusions

I feel bad for the guy. It looks like his body is still feeling the after effects from trying to cut 40 pounds in 5 days for the potential Khabib fight. His days at 145 might be numbered.

Ortega has some nerve asking for a vacant title fight after turning down a shot at the Interim Belt last weekend. Dana is going to unleash his petty on him..

Max walks around at 195?

Look at this dummy. He had all the juice and je gave it away by fighting again... then to come out and say he couldint train or think because of Connor.. . IDIOT. Shoulda been on the couch shaking with PTSD. I would not have taken another fight until Connor settled with me out of court

Agreed... He had the Golden Ticket and burned it

I think Max is like almost 6 feet tall. I would think he at least would be 170 or something. I am sure if he isn't training, he could be 195.
It was said he weighed over 180 before attempting to make the cut for the Khabib fight. At this point I'm questioning whether he returns to FW next year considering he gets that big out of a camp and these recent issues.
Also, if there's any truth that he gets past 190 out of camp he should def think about a permanent move to LW.

Max doesn’t have muscle like that so wtf is his diet like to be getting up to 195 between camps.

If that’s the kinda weight he’s floating around at then 155 is definitely on the way

I find it hard to believe Max walks at close to 200, if you’re in shape and 5 11 195lbs, you’re a big boy.

Either way he’s too big for the FW class.

Ortega is huge for the class as well, when he fought Frankie they looked 2 divisions apart.

I’d like to see the fighters get weighed before they walk out to the cage and have that number shown but I doubt UFC would ever do that, doesn’t boost their business in anyway.

The most dominant fighters are usually those with the biggest weight cuts.

I find it hard to believe Max walks at close to 200, if you’re in shape and 5 11 195lbs, you’re a big boy.

Either way he’s too big for the FW class.

Ortega is huge for the class as well, when he fought Frankie they looked 2 divisions apart.

I’d like to see the fighters get weighed before they walk out to the cage and have that number shown but I doubt UFC would ever do that, doesn’t boost their business in anyway.

The most dominant fighters are usually those with the biggest weight cuts.
Apparently California commission is going to start posting weights after they walk to the cage, they already did it for bellator I believe or some other company

Either way, if max was water loading or recklessly training close to the fight, they’re both not very smart. So the criticism of either is still valid

cant see max cutting from 200 down to 155, I’m 220 and the lowest I was able to cut without croking was 185.

Pretty obvious he wants an easier route to the real title at this point. Lame either way. Given he’s a massive featherweight as well, it would be hilarious if he misses weight should the UFC grant him his wish. Rumor has it he walks around at 185ish.

In other news...

241s12c.jpg

Last edited:
Ortega just wants to fight for the real title. I'm not mad at him at all, he was ready to fight. These interim belts suck, so good for Ortega for pissing on that idea

He was on Ariel's show saying it doesn't matter who it is, as long as it's for the title he'll fight. He is not the type of guy looking for easy fights, again, he was ready to fight Max, lol

The Cyborg-Nunes fight is really the only one to make right now with those divisions. It's still only co-main at best for that card but still one I'd like to see.

It really sucks hearing the recent Max news as he's been one of my fav fighters in the last couple years. That said I'm all for them stripping him, giving Ortega a title fight and then having Max fight for the title if he's able to return at FW (seems to be a big if and that he could just move to LW).

The IC thing is getting really old, them having an interim for Colby-Dos Anjos was ridiculous, just call it the #1 contender fight.

That Nunes and Cyborg fight would be dope. When she fought Raquel Pennington, she destroyed her. She needs a more solid fighter but I think Cyborg is just too much.

Back
Top Bottom