The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

As mentioned before hopefully Francis takes this experience positively. Dude is not even close to having what it takes to be a champion. Mentally, technically, and physically (stamina)
Outside of werdum (getting up there in age) and cain (questionable health) ngannu is probably better than everyone else

I believe ngannu is closer just due to the state of the division

lol ive never been so wrong. francis is trash in all areas except being collasal. props to stipe for exposing it. although ive never seen francis come out thattt aggressive. the whole first rd i was like wow this ufc performance institute is the truthhhh if he can do this for 3 rds... bybthe end of the 2nd rd i was like well damn. Dana prolly wanna shut the whole **** down hah

jacked up guy that is very one dimensional with huge flaws that experienced fighters will exploit
reminds me of brock but not sure if he can draw like him

btw, has stipe always talked like that or is he starting to slur his speech from fighting.?

for some reason i thought francis had less than a handful of fights. they made it seem like he just picked up the sport a couple yrs ago

Ngannu hasn't fought many times tbh

Like I was saying the state of the division dictates that nagannu may come back sooner than later

I do wonder if he would be completely dominated by werdum though

A healthy cain would probably outlast ngannu

stipe salty that people (fans, media, the company) don’t see him as a star. He’s a great champ but not a gladiator like ngannou that the crowd wants to see destroy people.

stipe salty that people (fans, media, the company) don’t see him as a star. He’s a great champ but not a gladiator like ngannou that the crowd wants to see destroy people.
Lol plus he has no where the charisma of say Mark Hunt
He might as well go full heel

His last 5 fights before last night were by KO or TKO.

Ngannous biggest wins were against two guys with suspect chins.

I get what you’re saying but I don’t understand it at all. We talk about stars and draws all the time.

I guess Stipe just needs that one highlight reel KO that they can loop.

His last 5 fights before last night were by KO or TKO.

Ngannous biggest wins were against two guys with suspect chins.

I get what you’re saying but I don’t understand it at all. We talk about stars and draws all the time.

I guess Stipe just needs that one highlight reel KO that they can loop.

I mean people were hyped about ngannou. I don’t know if you can say the same about stipe, he doesn’t have the “it” factor. He’s underrated but no one really checking for stipe unless he got an interesting opponent.

hard for stipe to do big numbers since he's pretty "vanilla." i think his biggest one headlining was the one where CM punk was on the card in his hometown.
the HW division isn't really a draw anymore and i could see why ufc was really hoping francis could be the guy to carry it. most of their fights are on ufc on fox :lol:

That sucks to hear about Whittaker.

Had a lot of time to kill yesterday and watched most of both UFC 220 and the Bellator card. Pretty disappointing across the board. After Ngannou was throwing those bombs in the first I wasnt surprised to see him gas later on but still thought he'd have some energy left, he was almost on E from rd 2 on. I wonder if Cain will be ready later this year, that's definitely the only HW title match to make as I'm not interested in a Werdum rematch. For DC can't say I'm surprised with the outcome, i think he should do the Gustaffson rematch and if he wins that go up to HW and fight for the belt.

As for the Bellator card, Pico got a nice TKO and he could be coming up but he's still really green and who knows how slow they will bring him up opponents wise. The Chandler fight was my favorite of both cards, funny to hear he didn't really care about a titleshot, seems like he just wants to fight big names now. The Lima-Rory match was a bore, both guys kind of neutralized each other with Rory grinding out the decision. As for the Sonnen-Rampage fight, wow 'Page was looking sloppy out there and very out of shape while Chael was able to do his normal lay and prey style where he keeps someone down and does just the bare minimum with these weak punches that are more annoying than doing any actual damage. His trash talk is also cringe, not only that what he says is 90% false but just that it's not even that funny. I'm hoping the Fedor-Mir fights turns out to be good but both guys are def washed.

Never gonna happen as long as Cain is still attempting to get in the octagon
Very true and with DC saying he's going to retire in March of 2019 he likely only has two fights left. Outside of Gus there isn't really anyone else in the division for him. If Cain did lose to Stipe sometime this year I could see them trying to get DC to move up one more time but it appears to be a longshot.

That sucks to hear about Whittaker.

Had a lot of time to kill yesterday and watched most of both UFC 220 and the Bellator card. Pretty disappointing across the board. After Ngannou was throwing those bombs in the first I wasnt surprised to see him gas later on but still thought he'd have some energy left, he was almost on E from rd 2 on. I wonder if Cain will be ready later this year, that's definitely the only HW title match to make as I'm not interested in a Werdum rematch. For DC can't say I'm surprised with the outcome, i think he should do the Gustaffson rematch and if he wins that go up to HW and fight for the belt.

As for the Bellator card, Pico got a nice TKO and he could be coming up but he's still really green and who knows how slow they will bring him up opponents wise. The Chandler fight was my favorite of both cards, funny to hear he didn't really care about a titleshot, seems like he just wants to fight big names now. The Lima-Rory match was a bore, both guys kind of neutralized each other with Rory grinding out the decision. As for the Sonnen-Rampage fight, wow 'Page was looking sloppy out there and very out of shape while Chael was able to do his normal lay and prey style where he keeps someone down and does just the bare minimum with these weak punches that are more annoying than doing any actual damage. His trash talk is also cringe, not only that what he says is 90% false but just that it's not even that funny. I'm hoping the Fedor-Mir fights turns out to be good but both guys are def washed.

It's like when Chael officially became washed as a fighter he became washed on the mic too. Absolutely terrible, embarrassing to listen to.

I'm kinda high on Pico though. Dude got some solid power and accuracy, I guess we'll find out later whether his chin is there and his defense as well, but aside from that first fight he's looked.

If Ngannu works hard he can be the Rumble Johnson of the heavyweight division. The man went from getting tapped out by Koscheck and Vitor and thrown out of the UFC to terrorizing the 205 division and earning two title shots, if he puts in the work he can still be a beast. Elite wrestlers may always be his achilles heel but aside from Cain heavyweight doesn't currently have any of those so I think he can make his way back. And the fact that his tank was on E from the 2nd round on and still never got stopped by Stipe says alot about his chin/toughness too. He still has space to be a monster but he gotta grind it out.

More Cyborg talking out her *** without any contract or actual negotiations taking place. Same bull she pulled with Anderson posting she agreed to fight her and it was a go, only to have Anderson post no such talks ever occurred.

Cyborg really is trash.

Back
Top Bottom