The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

He's not gonna be champ at MW either. I see Yoel, Whittaker, Jacare, Rockhold all beating him. You'll have to fight at least 2 of these guys and win to even get a crack at the belt.

At least the roads somewhat easier at LHW. But agreed, he aint beating Bones, DC, or Gus imo.

UFC 215

GAVIN TUCKER, dude is entertaining

Flyweight Demetrious Johnson (c) vs. Ray Borg
Women's Bantamweight Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Valentina Shevchenko
Heavyweight Junior dos Santos vs. Francis Ngannou
Featherweight Jeremy Stephens vs. Gilbert Melendez
Flyweight Henry Cejudo vs. Wilson Reis
Light Heavyweight Ilir Latifi vs. Tyson Pedro
Featherweight Gavin Tucker vs. Rick Glenn
Women's Bantamweight Sara McMann vs. Ketlen Vieira
Women's Bantamweight Sarah Moras vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith
Heavyweight Arjan Bhullar vs. Luis Henrique
Lightweight Kajan Johnson vs. Adriano Martins

I think a guy like Derek Brunson would have been the ideal match up for Weidman, unfortunately Brunson was already booked for a bout... I don't like the match making for him...

Weidman has faced nothing but killers the past 3 fights. Gastelum is certainly no slouch and could be on the brink of breaking into contendership himself.. should have given Weidman a lesser opponent to build him back up

DJ headlining. Dana trying to prove a point.

McMann due the next 135 if she wins convincingly in my opinion

Any word of Raquel Pennington and he timetable to return

DJ headlining. Dana trying to prove a point.

McMann due the next 135 if she wins convincingly in my opinion

Any word of Raquel Pennington and he timetable to return
Dana giving DJ no favors either without the star power. JDS is probably the second biggest star on the card.. that's not good. Aint nobody give any dambs about Nunes or Schechenko

Overall the actual fights are solid though!

BTW, the Whittaker/Romero PPV card was the lowest selling PPV of the year. Wonder if Whittaker's next few headliners do better now that he's out there a bit more

Yeah, usually they try to stack the July PPV's, but even with the card they had...that number has to be disappointing.

That Romero-Whittaker fight was solid, two high level dudes around their prime battling. IMO each of them beat Bisping.

That weight might. It have been right for him. Training and cutting weight takes a told and although to a normal person it my look like he was fighting smaller guys, physically his body was drained and couldn't performed like he needed at that weight.

I haven't like Gastelum since the Ultimate Fighter ... Just don't see that superstar quality or potential ... I must admit I haven't paid any attention at what he has done lately. Both him and Chris are at a must win in my opinion.

Same for Kelvin apparently. Both he and Whittaker are tweeners for 185. But they're fast and have carried their power very well.

So far Kelvin has whooped Kennedy and Vitor. The latter got ruled a NC due to a weed infraction. Both decent wins but Weidman is the next level. I think the Rockhold and Romero fights have diminished Chris somewhat. If Kelvin can keep it on the feet he can give him work.

I think Weidman needs to not gas by the 3rd round in this fight especially since Kelvin puts a lot of pressure on his opponents. Weidman looked super gassed by the late 2nd against Gegard.

I got Weidman winning. Aside from the last round of the Rockhold fight, those weren't bad losses at all.

Whittaker out with a bad knee. We about to have an interim interim champ

I got Weidman winning. Aside from the last round of the Rockhold fight, those weren't bad losses at all.

Whittaker out with a bad knee. We about to have an interim interim champ
Hmm, now they can make the Bisping-Romero fight. The buildup would be highly entertaining and I think its a matchup they could really sell.

Where do people call him that? twitter, sherdog? I've never seen that nickname for him.

I read it on Sherdog and a couple other MMA forums. At first I thought it was just a few non-Americans using bad grammar then I saw it so much that I realized it is a running joke.

For Bisping, after GSP, Romero is the fight that makes the most monetary sense. He also knows outside the first two rounds, Romero fades.

But the theatrics and back'n'forth have been entertaining.

Strange how THE Chris was getting on Bisping pre USADA but he hasn't quite looked and performed the same.

Hear me out fellas..

They could strip Bisping (like Conor) of the Middle Weight title and promote Whitaker to the MW champ (like Aldo), and have Bisping v Yoel for the interim title (like Holloway v Pettis).

Winner fights Whitaker for the belt.

It's so crazy it just might work.

do belts even mean anything anymore?
ufc been handing out interims that everyone claiming they are the "champ"
guys with the belts are barely fighting

Jones D.C. twitter twitter back & forth is hilarious

-6S4psCl_400x400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom