The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I'm pretty excited to go to Bellator at MSG this weekend. I was bummed when I didn't go to NJ the last time Fedor fought, and I thought I'd never get a chance to see him fight live. Now I can cross that off my list. And I know Chael sucks, but I love me some damn Chael Sonnen :lol: . Hoping that he wins so he can talk on the mic.

Boxing matches are usually longer. And you can argue that being a master at one craft takes no less time and dedication than being a jack of 3/4 trades.

As for danger, Conor should be fine in the Floyd fight but a fight against a guy like Manny could result in him eating an ungodly amount of punches (similar to what he did against Nate, because Nate is a skilled boxer) and that would not bode well for him.

Apples and oranges and not worth comparing IMO. This is about the money more than any other factor.
While on the same token Floyd or Manny might get arms broken or worse in an MMA fight against someone much less caliber than Conor

Definitely can't compare it like that for sure

Wasn't trying to start anything btw, just saying Conor could make more in boxing and still hand choose his opponents that will cause him less "danger", say Khan or some ****, (again IMO) than in an MMA fight that pays peanuts in comparison

Last edited:
Just noticed Bellator's NYC card was this weekend 
laugh.gif
 Conor's training in Ireland but it would be cool to see him fly in to support Gallagher 
nerd.gif

Going to be a legit card tbh, outside of the legend fights- which I'm still down to watch, especially Chael and Wandy

Aaron Pico debut

Gallagher

Lima

Chandler

Neiman Gracie

Don't think Dana allows him to fight in boxing again unless theres a potential for a rematch with Floyd which only would happen if something very unexpected happens

IMO he aint a real champ in the ufc. He never defended either belt...win or lose a true champ defends his title. And like max said he was fw champ in 2015

I've met Fedor, Arlovski, Nick, Nate, Rashad, Wanderlei, Chuck, Tito, and a ton of other MMA fighters, but nobody is bigger in person than Rumble. That guy is a different type of human. Dude is legit built like Patrick Willis.

I saw Paul Daley walking round his home town with his family one time.

Had to double take cause I though it was Iron Mike in his prime :lol:

Only 5'10 but a TANK. Dome was straight pitbull status :smh:

Lol yea ive seen Daley before at a clinic. His hands are also huge. Ol russel wilson type, built kinda like me how you 5"11 220 but not AT ALL fat haha.

Early in rumbles career he fought a dude from my hometown Charlie Brenneman... Charlie is an amazing wrestler but probably 5"7 170 lbs.... he fought effing rumble LOLOLo

Ended up almost getting his head kicked off his shoulders but ill never forget him takin his shirt off after he walked in. Littterally everyoneeee from our town let out a collective gasp haha fight shoulda be cancelled right then LMAO

Co-sign on Daley's hands.

And yeah I think that was Rumble's last fight at 170. Son rehydrated to a shredded 2 bills and beat the dog ish out of that poor guy :smh: :lol:

Boxing matches are usually longer. And you can argue that being a master at one craft takes no less time and dedication than being a jack of 3/4 trades.

As for danger, Conor should be fine in the Floyd fight but a fight against a guy like Manny could result in him eating an ungodly amount of punches (similar to what he did against Nate, because Nate is a skilled boxer) and that would not bode well for him.

Apples and oranges and not worth comparing IMO. This is about the money more than any other factor.
While on the same token Floyd or Manny might get arms broken or worse in an MMA fight against someone much less caliber than Conor

Definitely can't compare it like that for sure

Wasn't trying to start anything btw, just saying Conor could make more in boxing and still hand choose his opponents that will cause him less "danger", say Khan or some ****, (again IMO) than in an MMA fight that pays peanuts in comparison

I meant what was more dangerous for Conor. Not Boxers fighting MMA. Conor already has more Boxing experience than those guys likely do grappling.

Boxers fighting MMA with no training is "dangerous". But they can tap. That's natural in MMA.

Remember....in the first fight with Nate when he didn't want it on the feet anymore, he turned to wrestling. And was then submitted. The grappling actually provided him safety.

Quitting in Boxing is a no-no and usually when you quit you've already taken enough punches to potentially do long term damage.

Didn't take it as you trying to start something. Just offering a different perspective. I think Conor boxing with elite boxers could be just as, if not far more, dangerous than any fight he'd have in MMA.

But for the $$$ he might make, he might deem it worth the risk vs. having the same thing happen against a guy like Nate again for a fraction of the money.

Not sure what is worse
Getting peppered with hundreds of shots or a couple devastating punches that will put you to sleep

What's interesting about this is the original belief was that MMA was "safer" because the smaller gloves meant less accumulation of punches and more "flash" knockouts.

I used to argue that you'd still need to see what happened to the fighters. MMA was so young that was easy to say because we'd already seen to the long terms effects of Boxing on guys like Ali.

But as we go down the line and the MMA greats age, will be curious to see how guys like Chuck, Wand, Shogun, Digeo etc. look as they get older.

Last edited:
Lol yea ive seen Daley before at a clinic. His hands are also huge. Ol russel wilson type, built kinda like me how you 5"11 220 but not AT ALL fat haha.

Early in rumbles career he fought a dude from my hometown Charlie Brenneman... Charlie is an amazing wrestler but probably 5"7 170 lbs.... he fought effing rumble LOLOLo

Ended up almost getting his head kicked off his shoulders but ill never forget him takin his shirt off after he walked in. Littterally everyoneeee from our town let out a collective gasp haha fight shoulda be cancelled right then LMAO

I was there in DC at the Verizon center, size diff was crazy

Last edited:
It's downright SCARY how much this kid is like a young Conor in his thinking and how he expresses himself. Fight style wise they aren't similar though

I am rooting for him to make it big

I like the bad blood in this Chiesa/Lee match up.

Didn't even realize Boetch and Johny "Rockets" Hendricks were fighting or that the BJ/Siver fight was on this card.

Possibly the last time we see BJ fight?

I like the bad blood in this Chiesa/Lee match up.

Didn't even realize Boetch and Johny "Rockets" Hendricks were fighting or that the BJ/Siver fight was on this card.

Possibly the last time we see BJ fight?
This card has some potential. I think this should be BJ's last fight win or lose. But knowing him anything is possible and if he finishes siver he'll probably think he has more in him. I'm a fan but his fights the past few years outside of the nick Diaz match have been painful to watch.

Darrell Horcher (the guy who fought Khabib when he came back) trains BJJ at my gym during his "offseason". He was involved in a bad motorcycle accident but makes his return this weekend 
pimp.gif
 super nice dude, can't wait to see him back in the octagon. 

On a similar note Jared "Flash" Gordon making his UFC debut on Fight Pass this weekend :smokin

Last edited:
damn that's messed up that Larkin has to cut weight with all that good food right in front of him. and :lol: at his portions

Did anyone catch the bellator early weigh ins this morning? Fighter Sergio Da Silva tried to cheat at the scale by only placing one foot on it. Good to see that the NYAC learned from the Daniel Cormier incident haha.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom