"The Master" Jordan 12s To Release (2/27/2016)

I bought mine without my tax money, but then again it shouldn't matter.
It'd be dumb to assume every dude/chick/kid you see only has them due to tax returns.
It'd be like saying everyone spent their Christmas money on Retro 11's, no one knows every persons financial situation. I think there's a lot of jealousy going around. For the first time they actually had the money to buy the Jordan's releasing on a Saturday, but struck out on due to the demand.
Money isn't the issue for releases, the demand and quantity determine the outcome.

I didn't say it nor does it affect me if they did or didn't it just seems some ppl feel that way.

It's just funny that people keep bringing it up tho people have been tax returns for a few weeks now right? (Serious question. Not sure exactly when they start being issued)

I honestly didn't expect these to sell out so fast. I was able to acquire a pair, and feel quite fortunate. I swear I thought it was like Yeezy deja vu again.

You guys think the flu game 12's will be this crazy?

Last edited:
Cement 4s were a super GR tho....

Honestly I don't know the count of how many were released of each shoe.
I'd feel pretty confident in saying that the 4's weren't a QS or GR. But some where in between.
For that to be necessary, GR usually means full family sizing correct, but also that stores are getting more than two in each size.
QS usually only certain stores get them, & only get about 1 in each full size. Then, two in each .5 size.
I'd say that most stores received two in each full size, & 3 in each .5 size for the 4's.
Compared to the 12's I'm sure most stores got about 3 in each full sized, & 4 in each .5 sizes.
It's not the same for every store, if your local spot is moving units then you get more from JB.
Not just shoes, but the apparel, socks, etc.

Cement 4s were a super GR tho....

Honestly I don't know the count of how many were released of each shoe.
I'd feel pretty confident in saying that the 4's weren't a QS or GR. But some where in between.
For that to be necessary, GR usually means full family sizing correct, but also that stores are getting more than two in each size.
QS usually only certain stores get them, & only get about 1 in each full size. Then, two in each .5 size.
I'd say that most stores received two in each full size, & 3 in each .5 size for the 4's.
Compared to the 12's I'm sure most stores got about 3 in each full sized, & 4 in each .5 sizes.
It's not the same for every store, if your local spot is moving units then you get more from JB.
Not just shoes, but the apparel, socks, etc.

But the cement 4s were a super GR and are beloved in the sneaker community. There was nothing Limited about them and they did numbers when they dropped in 2012 too.

It's just funny that people keep bringing it up tho people have been tax returns for a few weeks now right? (Serious question. Not sure exactly when they start being issued)

I've not filed nor am I in a rush, W2's are usually issued within the last week of January and it depends when the government accepts your refund.

These were a lot harder to cop then I thought, a ton of kids out there for these joints today

I've not filed nor am I in a rush, W2's are usually issued within the last week of January and it depends when the government accepts your refund.

The anticipation or forethought of money coming back, and the urge to spend this newfound money on $200 pair of shoes...brilliant marketing if that's the case haha

Just looked it up. Looks like feb 10th was the first date of deposits so it's been a couple of weeks.
I don't remember the tax refund banter in the white cement thread tho and dudes are buying multiples for self at $220+ a pop.

Just looked it up. Looks like feb 10th was the first date of deposits so it's been a couple of weeks.
I don't remember the tax refund banter in the white cement thread tho and dudes are buying multiples for self at $220+ a pop.
To be fair, there was almost certainly a vastly different group interested in the WC IVs. Remastered materials, Nike Air branding...lots of dudes that hadn't bought Js in a good while were going after those despite the higher than normal MSRP.

I don't think anyone is knocking someone for spending their tax refund money on these (or any) shoes, just saying that had these dropped in January or late April they may be a bit easier to obtain due to an influx of dudes who don't actually care about shoes being unable to purchase them.

The feels for missing out maybe? Lol

I just hope all that wanted to eat flourished and we're able to get a pear.

roll.gif

I am just hoping that people run out of "tax refund money" for the flu game drop . LOL
Naw I am going double up on the Flu Games for sure! lol

I have not used my tax return money since I have not received it yet. I will save it for the Fle Games

Everything said on Niketalk is 50/50. Some dudes say the same thing for every release, I knew these would sell out when I saw they were going to be released.
Because of the Nike Air branding on the 4's they sold out faster, BUT there was less quantity. You can call these what you want, but the truth of the matter is if those NA 4's were a GR most would have got those & left more of the 12's. Since they missed out on the 4's, the 12's were a consolation prize.
Everyone has a right to an opinion, wether you choose to take it as facts well then I'd say you're already a step behind.

Edit: Jordan Brand is not dumb, they purposely released this new color way after an OG color way.
Knowing they'd have people lined up due to missing out last week. No other time this year are they releasing two sought after shoes in the same time frame. (Within a week from one another.)

Hare 7s - Chi 1s..... Last year had us scrambling..... I almost said f it..

To be fair, there was almost certainly a vastly different group interested in the WC IVs. Remastered materials, Nike Air branding...lots of dudes that hadn't bought Js in a good while were going after those despite the higher than normal MSRP.

I don't think anyone is knocking someone for spending their tax refund money on these (or any) shoes, just saying that had these dropped in January or late April they may be a bit easier to obtain due to an influx of dudes who don't actually care about shoes being unable to purchase them.
This man knows, WC4s were my first pair of Jordans purchased since last summer and I might not buy another pair till later this year.  There was a different demographic that came out for them.

The feels for missing out maybe? Lol

I just hope all that wanted to eat flourished and we're able to get a pear.

:lol: I just think it's the shock of not being able to walk in the mall all willy nilly and grab a pair.

I'm sure timing is a factor but that's the case with a lot of shoes as we've seen with the Maroon 6 and how people are now so eager to pay retail because they released at a bad time for them.

Heck, we could also say these would have done numbers had they dropped during the summer time when we aren't in sneaker peak season.

Back
Top Bottom