The Late Night Itchies...

Yo Niketalk, so I got this problem...

It has only started recently within the last few months and I have no idea what it is, but I start getting super itchy at night. ONLY at night time though.
Most of the time it starts with my legs then it moves around. It is mildly relieved with some scratching, but then the itchies jump somewhere else. Eventually though, they will all just go away.

This isn't something that keeps me up for endless hours of the night, but it does bug me that for the last month or so, after about 11 oclock at night, I start to get itchy.

I like to say I am a very clean person; I take my shower everyday in the morning, use lots of soap (Dove, the same soap I have been using for basically all of my life), wear clean clothes, etc. etc.
I heard it's because my skin gets dried out, so my room mates advised me to use some lotion, which I'm not sure if it helped completely.

I've never been allergic to anything in my entire life, and unless I developed something then I do not think that is it.
I am going to try washing my sheets tomorrow, but once again, I am a pretty clean person I like to think.

This does not happen every night, but it does happen probably 60-75% of the time. Is there anyone else in my boat?

I just had an episode of the itches for like 15 minutes and now they are completely gone. I am about to sleep but just had to ask my peeps on NT about this *%%$.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but really, though
i think most likely you just developed a slight allergy.
if not, maybe its just that youre skin has been drying up because of the colder weather?? the time frame seems to fit

^I was thinking the same thing.You MIGHT have Bed Bugs.Examine your bed,pillows (if you have pillow cases) and anything within close proximity to your bed.Check THOROUGHLY.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

bed bugs?
This.  It's pretty much an epidemic in the US ATM.  Whether you stay at a 5 star hotel, or live in the projects.  It really doesn't matter.

Wash your sheets on the regular, and make sure you keep your skin moisturized before you go to bed.

Originally Posted by divinetecknique

Yo Niketalk, so I got this problem...

It has only started recently within the last few months and I have no idea what it is, but I start getting super itchy at night. ONLY at night time though.
Most of the time it starts with my legs then it moves around. It is mildly relieved with some scratching, but then the itchies jump somewhere else. Eventually though, they will all just go away.

This isn't something that keeps me up for endless hours of the night, but it does bugs me that for the last month or so, after about 11 oclock at night, I start to get itchy.

I like to say I am a very clean person; I take my shower everyday in the morning, use lots of soap (Dove, the same soap I have been using for basically all of my life), wear clean clothes, etc. etc.
I heard it's because my skin gets dried out, so my room mates advised me to use some lotion, which I'm not sure if it helped completely.

I've never been allergic to anything in my entire life, and unless I developed something then I do not think that is it.
I am going to try washing my sheets tomorrow, but once again, I am a pretty clean person I like to think.

This does not happen every night, but it does happen probably 60-75% of the time. Is there anyone else in my boat?

I just had an episode of the itches for like 15 minutes and now they are completely gone. I am about to sleep but just had to ask my peeps on NT about this *%%$.

I have this often as well. It was so bad last time I was at home, I sat their for about an hour, constantly itching and then I moved and went to sleep on the couch. Try washing your sheets, pillow case OP, that usually works for me.

bedbugs leave marks. huge marks if youre bitten. ive seen it at my workplace when customers got it.

do you have marks? doesnt sound like it..

sounds like maybe you are allergic to something. try sleeping somewhere else and see what happens. could be the detergent used

I don't have any bite marks which is why I do not think I have bed bugs. I am going to go and wash my sheets today though just in case, but pretty sure no bed bugs.. unless they only like to make me itchy and not my girl.

Besides that, I don't want to say it's the detergent used because I have used the same detergent since moving into my apartment, still on the same box and everything, unless it just develops over time.

I'm chillin' right now fine, but come 11 or 12 oclock I bet I will be back here explaining to you guys the case of the late night itchies once again.

I even tried taking a nice shower in the morning and at night before sleep and that didn't change anything.

Maybe it's a nerve thing like restless leg syndrome? I think RLS tends to strike at night. Generally allergies or something like contact dermatitis aren't limited to certain times of the day.

Bro bro...i have the same problem. Its mostly just my back and really any part of my upper body.

My gf told me i had dry skin cause of the winter, slapped some lotion on me and i felt totally relieved lol I think this is probably your problem. It is always the worst for me late at night or if i am in laying in bed. Cause the skin to sheet contact for whatever reason makes me hella itchy lol

HOPES THIS HELPS.....

Bro,
Me and my roommate have been having this problem for the past 1-2 weeks...We both are itch around our armpit/inner groin areas and idk $@$ is causing it. I know its not bedbugs because we don't have any bite marks. The only thing I can think of is dust b/c I cleaned my fan/dusted my room not too long before this started to happen...I also read that using too much laundry detergent can cause similar symptoms...

Back
Top Bottom