The Kid Griffey Jr. wearing the BEST cleats in the Game!

Originally Posted by doogie24

Griffey's tribute to Michael Jackson last night. He also had "Billie Jean" as hit at-bat song.

Thats ill
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Poop Juice CW of the Black/Red Air Jordan XI Air Max Swingman Remix FSR on NDC... get em while they hot!
Fixed
tongue.gif
. Shame on you Nike. These are up there with kids calling the M's AGMI retro CW Laney.
indifferent.gif

I just don't get it... some kids call the royals 'Laney's', but yet the shade of yellow is clearly different (hell, Laney High doesn't evenhave anything to do with the shoes)... while there are other kids who don't think the M's fitted/jersey matches the black AGM 1's because the shoesdon't have any navy in them (opting for a Marlins or Jags fitted/jersey) ...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Poop Juice CW of the Black/Red Air Jordan XI Air Max Swingman Remix FSR on NDC... get em while they hot!
Fixed
tongue.gif
. Shame on you Nike. These are up there with kids calling the M's AGMI retro CW Laney.
indifferent.gif

I just don't get it... some kids call the royals 'Laney's', but yet the shade of yellow is clearly different (hell, Laney High doesn't even have anything to do with the shoes)... while there are other kids who don't think the M's fitted/jersey matches the black AGM 1's because the shoes don't have any navy in them (opting for a Marlins or Jags fitted/jersey) ...
eyes.gif

I completely agree 100% with what you guys are saying. It bothers me when all these young kids don't even bother to recognize the history behinds suchshoes and treat every new release and nickname them all like they are Jordans.

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

Fixed
tongue.gif
indifferent.gif

I just don't get it... some kids call the royals 'Laney's', but yet the shade of yellow is clearly different (hell, Laney High doesn't even have anything to do with the shoes)... while there are other kids who don't think the M's fitted/jersey matches the black AGM 1's because the shoes don't have any navy in them (opting for a Marlins or Jags fitted/jersey) ...
eyes.gif

I completely agree 100% with what you guys are saying. It bothers me when all these young kids don't even bother to recognize the history behinds such shoes and treat every new release and nickname them all like they are Jordans.

its cuz kids wanna always associate shoes with a nickname or a famed colorway, otherwise its not "a definite cop"

Ooo... actual pics from an auction...
http://i.ebayimg.com/04/!B(605OgCGk~%24(KGrH****j4EjlLmZqN)BKe)2lB!,Q~~_12.JPGhttp://i.ebayimg.com/03/!B(60TKQBWk~%24(KGrH****jIEjlLmWpluBKe)0)7iG!~~_12.JPGhttp://i.ebayimg.com/15/!B(60UtgBGk~%24(KGrH****kIEjlLmVgL3BKe)03OcIQ~~_12.JPG

Originally Posted by bam528

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

Fixed
tongue.gif
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

I completely agree 100% with what you guys are saying. It bothers me when all these young kids don't even bother to recognize the history behinds such shoes and treat every new release and nickname them all like they are Jordans.

its cuz kids wanna always associate shoes with a nickname or a famed colorway, otherwise its not "a definite cop"
well what isn't a stronger context then da team da player actually played for?
laugh.gif

Can anyone please help me out i looking for the Nike Air Griffey Max 1 white black fresh water joints????? I cant find them anywhere in a 10.5 ebay dont evengot a 10.5 is anyone able to help me?????

From Shannon Drayer's M's blog...

laugh.gif
I wonder what Jr. took...
Junior was busy last night hanging out with LeBron James who became a good friend of his because of their Nike connection. James screened his documentary "More Than A Game" in Akron last night then hosted Griffey at his house. Griffey is not the best house guest however, leaving the James residence with shoes he had "stolen".

Turns out while there he came across a box of the newest LeBron James Nike shoes, not yet available to the public. On the way out he picked up the box and took it out to the car. "Wanted the shoes for Trey," he said with a laugh. "We athletes are always taking other athlete's stuff!"

He then went on to tell the story of when he took one of Lance Armstrong's bikes. Apparently they were doing a charity event together. At the end of the event Jr threw the bike in the back of his truck and drove off.

Now what would Jr do with Lance Armstrong's bike I asked.

"Ride the heck out of it!" he replied.

Seriously, can you picture Jr on one of those racing bikes? Hilarious. Apparently he bought his wife Melissa one too and they rode all off season, at one point going on a 48 mile ride.

"Melissa was ahead of me for all but 10 miles though," he said.

The guy has fun.

Back
Top Bottom