the influx of white people in brooklyn vol. gentrification

I went to target near downtown bk and it damn near looks like a mini soho now
laugh.gif
brooklyn is starting to diversify more now...I never thought I'd see somany white people cold lampin in a crown fried chicken
laugh.gif

Happening everywhere

got to get on top of the grind or else Ima have to move out my hood and shhsh

Downtown L.A is morphing..... even tho the recession seems to have slowed down the development of the Downtown area.

I know what you mean, my old area (Bushwick) has totally changed since I lived there....Amazes me every time I go up there.

I think its sad on white peoples parts that they don't live in urban areas more often. (Im white btw, and live in an urban area, go to primarilyblack/asian/hispanic school).

^^^^
laugh.gif
but seriously tho....im from fort greene and right across the street from the projects they building condos
smh.gif

Originally Posted by the north west

not from NY but the same thing is happening near my area

its really sad
i hope he's referring to the fact that many families can't afford to live in those neighborhoods once the hipsters come and price themout.

Well here are the 'specs for Boston.

"
According to the 2007 American Community Survey, the city's population was 58.4% White (50.0% non-Hispanic White alone), 25.3% Black or African American(22.2% non-Hispanic Black or African American alone), 0.8% American Indian and Alaska Native, 8.7% Asian, 0.1% Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, 9.4%from some other race and 2.6% from two or more races. 15.6% of the total population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.[49]"

Even though 58.4% of the Boston population is white, around 80% of the white population goes to private schools. That's what really irks me.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

its really sad
Why is it sad?
A lot of people are left homeless or have to relocate as a result of gentrification.....
basically.

I swear I was going to make a "You Know You're Hood is Being Gentrified When...."
laugh.gif

Still might....

So when we move away from the city center it is "white flight" and is bad and when we move toward the city center it is "gentrification"and is also bad?

Originally Posted by theymademepick

its really sad
indifferent.gif
I see your
indifferent.gif
and raise you a
indifferent.gif
This dude said "its reallysad", so ignorant.
smh.gif
As if Brooklyn had an obligation to stay full of minorites or somethin.
eyes.gif

rents skyrocketing, buildings being taken over to make co-ops and condos. soon people arent goning to be able to afford rent in their area and are slowly goingto be moved out they neighbor hood and are going to move into housing projects.
who said "white flight"is bad? there should be some kind of balance in a ideal situation.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

its really sad
Why is it sad?
Because the white man keeps minorities down.
indifferent.gif
clown

its sad cause the people who have lived there for so many years are forced to move out due to increasing rent

Back
Top Bottom