The Hobbit: an unexpected journey. Anyone looking forward to this??

Comes out in almost 2 weeks.
I can't wait.
I think it's a trilogy now.
Goin to watch it at Arclight :pimp:

I'll watch it, probably wait a week or two after it releases so I don't have to deal with crowds. I downloaded the book but will wait to read it until after. How long is the book? Around 300? So they're milking the hell out of this with a trilogy.

Watched a "making of" mini-documentary this weekend.  I was afraid they were going to scale back the production values to a smaller scale, but it actually looks great.

still haven't watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy. :smh: @ me.

If I like the game of thrones show, would I like these movies?

still haven't watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy. :smh: @ me.
If I like the game of thrones show, would I like these movies?

I think besides there being "knights with swords", GoT and LotR aren't really, at all, similar.

Watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy as I type this to have it all fresh in my mind :pimp:

Just read that people who watched became nausea because this movie was filmed using a 3d cam and at 48 fps than the traditional 24fps. They saying the experience is something so immersive due to the higher number of frames.

Yeah, I can't wait. It looks fantastic.

I'm not a big fan of 3D but PJ will do it right.

Watched it yesterday. If you can distance yourself from the book and take it for what it really is...an adaptation, it's a fun, adventurous film. If you're a purist or a hardcore Tolkien fan, there's a chance you might be a little let down.

I enjoyed the movie but in my opinion, it suffers from a sort of identity crisis. As a book, the Hobbit is a charming and adventurous tale. Unlike LOTR, it's not supposed to have that feeling of impending doom. The movie attempts to include both and that's why I say purists might not be entirely happy. For entertainment purposes, Peter Jackson added a bit 'epicness.'

Again, on it's own...it's a fun, adventurous and truly enjoyable movie. The Riddles in the Dark scene was simply amazing.

Last edited:
Not so excellent reviews.

Knowing how the LOTR series went, I expect this movie to be long and drawn out..especially since there are two sequels being made.

So if im reading this right they found a way to squeeze out 3 films out of one novel?!? Thats crazy.

for those of you asking... the hobbit is the prequel to the LOTR trilogy. it definitely stands on its own and can be watched/read without any knowledge of LOTR. for those of you who are familiar with the LOTR trilogy, you'll discover how and when bilbo baggins (frodo's uncle) finds the ring that is the main subject of those films.

Back
Top Bottom