The Graphic Design Thread UPDATE: 1st post filled with info. 2nd with NTer's portfolios.

Does one have to be a good artist to be a good graphic designer?

The funny old joke was design was the art form for people who couldn't draw.

Like Fongstarr said, it doesn't hurt you if you're not a good artist, but it helps you.

When doing rough sketch comps for my CD a nicely drawn rough does garnish that much more attention than a stick figure drawing. Will the better executed rough be the better idea? The better solution? No. But it does draw the attention better so that people pay more attention during internal pitches and concepts.

Heres some stuff I did a long time ago. I haven't done anything in about a year and some change but seeing this thread makes me want to sharpen my skills and start doing more profesional style pieces. Be warned there is a lot of anime pieces here as I was really big into that when I did these pieces.

Hey guys (first post) I'm a working graphic designer 
happy.gif

Here are some of my work (portfolio stuff and fan art)... Hope you guys dig em. 

80's inspired TDKR poster

VHS package to go with poster

Minimalist 500 Days of Summer Poster

Gambino Camp Track Listings Poster

Kid Cudi Man on the Moon II package design (Vinyl, CD art , stickers etc.)

Batman's equipment

That TDKR 80's type treatment is hysterical because it's on point. Hahaha.

The 500 Days of Summer poster isn't truly minimalism. Right now it's simple illustrations. The point of minimalist is to take the very core of the image. Maybe just the simple shape of that one bench on the hill that overlooks LA could work more as minimalist.

Also your Childish Gambino icons are coming along nicely. I would increase the opacity of that crinkle texture a bit more. Right now it's too heavy--even the texture in the title is heavy. The texture should support your image, not overpower it.

My site. I have more intricate work that's not on there yet. Website is still in progress. Hit me for your freelance needs! I need $! lol

Set up a behance site. People tend to get more work based off that site more so than just a website because recruiters tend to scour behance, linkedin, dribbble and all those other portfolio sites in search for talent. Then only after they see something they like that they will visit a personal site.

Nice mock up on that Dark Knight Rises. The pink with the distressed black looks perfect. Would love to see that actually made into a real mock up.

Finished my first ever website today

http://www.hemi.com.au/

It's a bit simple, but I made it for my old man at no charge :lol:

I hope I never have to make one of these again anytime soon. Also it keeps ******g up on Firefox for some reason :smh: :x

Back
Top Bottom