The Graphic Design Thread UPDATE: 1st post filled with info. 2nd with NTer's portfolios.

I'm in the WK12 program at Wieden+Kennedy in Portland.

He came to visit both Nike and John Jay (a mentor of his).

John gracious set up a private speaker lunch for a few lucky folks (and I'm saying lucky because I know I'm lucky to had been there) to have a chat, hear stories, ask questions, and eat sandwiches.

thats is awesome

u're one lucky guy .... having an opportunity to share sandwiches and a conversation with the guy is just :smokin

I honestly don't know John Jay and even Jeff Staple isn't the biggest deal for me (although I do like his design approach) but I thought you worked at Square. Jeff seemed to really believe in the brand and that app and card reader have been making some serious moves here in SF. Oddly people would rather have a square account then your average register card reader. I'll go into some brick and mortar shops and they are all using Square now.

Square Stand is even sick:

Square-Stand-teaser-001.jpg

Finally have the chance to check in.

That's pretty dope OTS, I know we were talking about those guys in earlier pages.

And man, Parsons is a dope school. Actually liking it more than work, hahah.

With the connections I'm making, a couple of us are looking at taking a stab in transforming the traditional advertising model. Or at least attempt to make a better positioning strategy.

One of the more interesting ones right now is Co.Collective.

It's almost a hybrid between internal to external communications solutions.

Made a screen print for the first time today. Copped some supplies and just went to work. Black on black.

View media item 600905
Came out okay for my 1st time, can't wait to do more.

I saw this on my phone and it was so hard to see :lol: Looks dope on the comp though. I love black on black printing, this New Yorker cover is one of my faves
View media item 607036

Yo Fong, what is Square?

Literally makes your iPhone or iPad into a register taking credit cards and all. Good way to start small businesses or even work at home without always accepting cash.

Sounds awesome. Really innovative and hassle free way to get a business off the ground

I finally got around to making up a webstore for my posters

http://hiphoppostersbymitcht.bigcartel.com/

:pimp: I have a question though. How do you go about getting yours printed? I want to get the posters I make printed.

For this run, I cut a deal with one of my lecturers because I did some work for him for free, so he let me print these at my place of study. For the next run, I'm getting them through a local printer in my state that I've used before.

You should just have a look around and get some quotes from different places in your city. If you find a good printer, stick with them because they can make your job a whole lot easier and a whole lot harder if you piss them off :lol:

What's everyone favorite cursive font?

I'm looking for a really nice one like the Apple Mac one (I know that's not a font), but smooth round corners, kinda boldish is, no slant. Ugh. So hard. Right now my go to are Lobster 1.4 and Signalist... but I fall out of love with them rather quick. I have tons I use for photoshop, but they get boring after awhile.

I'm looking for a really nice one like the Apple Mac one (I know that's not a font), but smooth round corners, kinda boldish is, no slant. Ugh. So hard. Right now my go to are Lobster 1.4 and Signalist... but I fall out of love with them rather quick. I have tons I use for photoshop, but they get boring after awhile.

Bello Pro or Mission Script are quite nice. There's also one called Hipster font which is a bit bolder also

Bello Pro or Mission Script are quite nice. There's also one called Hipster font which is a bit bolder also
Thanks, I really like Mission Script, not a fan of Bello Pro or Hipster as much.

I found a job on Craigslist. Someone needed a graphic designer to do brochures and mail out coupons and such. I sent my resume and had an interview

Got the job (started working last week)

And last saturday as im leaving work i see my moms friend in his car. He gives me a ride home and makes a call to his friend who works in the field

I had to send her my resume and portfolio. I met with her on Wednesday and shes gonna help me find a job. Shes looking into a few print places as she thinks it'll be a good start for me :pimp:

She would just be calling places on my behalf then they would call me and schedule and interview

Bookmarking this thread. Might need a couple sites redesigned and would love to throw some bones to an NTer :nerd:

Can someone ID this font?

314007.jpg

Definitely custom. You can always tell when you look at a letter that has been used a lot. None of the "a"s look the same. Thickness and slant all have subtle differences. I would advise a lot of people to try and make your own custom lettering aside from relying on fonts. It just always looks better.

Back
Top Bottom