THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by David Fincher -- in theaters Dec. 21

I enjoyed the Swedish trilogy.

They should all be up on Netflix.

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Eh, the original is vastly overrated in my opinion.

this & "foreign release will be better" comments are played out.. (see: The Departed)
ya'll havent even seen the movie yet. 
grin.gif

all of this.

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Budweiser

Eh, the original is vastly overrated in my opinion.

this & "foreign release will be better" comments are played out.. (see: The Departed)
ya'll havent even seen the movie yet. 
grin.gif

all of this.

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

I couldn't get into the book (after 100pages), never been a fan of mystery but I'm always book> movie..

OG release really worth looking into?
Book actually starts out slow but picks up crazy somewhere soon after 100 in case ur interested...
And the book was dope, swedish movie I didn't like too much and i'm assuming I won't be a huge fan of this one. Will check it out though, hope it's good

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

I couldn't get into the book (after 100pages), never been a fan of mystery but I'm always book> movie..

OG release really worth looking into?
Book actually starts out slow but picks up crazy somewhere soon after 100 in case ur interested...
And the book was dope, swedish movie I didn't like too much and i'm assuming I won't be a huge fan of this one. Will check it out though, hope it's good

Just came back from watching the film.
Will post some thoughts in a bit, just didn't want to dig through the search fields again. 
laugh.gif

Just came back from watching the film.
Will post some thoughts in a bit, just didn't want to dig through the search fields again. 
laugh.gif

So what's the verdict? Debating on seeing this in a little while.. want to know if it's worth it opening day.

So what's the verdict? Debating on seeing this in a little while.. want to know if it's worth it opening day.

I'll give David Fincher the benefit of the doubt, been geeked to check this out since I saw the trailer earlier this yr.....anybody know how it compares to the original?

I'll give David Fincher the benefit of the doubt, been geeked to check this out since I saw the trailer earlier this yr.....anybody know how it compares to the original?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Saw the original over netflix...got no desire to catch it in the theaters.

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by David Fincher > Swedish Version

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Saw the original over netflix...got no desire to catch it in the theaters.

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by David Fincher > Swedish Version

The "review" I posted in S&T...
Just came back from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. In short, and I hate giving these out, but it was a 7/10 for me.

Additional thoughts:

Spoiler [+]
Went into the film completely cold (no knowledge of the original film and novel) so I'm judging this in a vacuum. Fincher's direction was solid, but I never got the feeling he put his stamp on the film. Not that he did a bad job, but if you watch his most recent work, The Social Network of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, there's a certain flair in those films, opposed to this one. It's pretty straight forward. The detective story was interesting, but I really didn't get drawn in. The gravity of the girl's death really didn't matter to me, and I just kept waiting for Mara and Craig's arc to collide. On that note, I loved Mara's performance and the character of Salander. From a story standpoint, even though the end was appropriate, the last 10-15 minutes as a whole was unnecessary IMO. I understood the reason in tying up the loose ends, but it just dragged after the climax. BTW, what was the target audience for the novel? I'm just wondering because I saw some youngsters in the audience, and the abundance of sex and nudity was absurd.

The "review" I posted in S&T...
Just came back from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. In short, and I hate giving these out, but it was a 7/10 for me.

Additional thoughts:

Spoiler [+]
Went into the film completely cold (no knowledge of the original film and novel) so I'm judging this in a vacuum. Fincher's direction was solid, but I never got the feeling he put his stamp on the film. Not that he did a bad job, but if you watch his most recent work, The Social Network of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, there's a certain flair in those films, opposed to this one. It's pretty straight forward. The detective story was interesting, but I really didn't get drawn in. The gravity of the girl's death really didn't matter to me, and I just kept waiting for Mara and Craig's arc to collide. On that note, I loved Mara's performance and the character of Salander. From a story standpoint, even though the end was appropriate, the last 10-15 minutes as a whole was unnecessary IMO. I understood the reason in tying up the loose ends, but it just dragged after the climax. BTW, what was the target audience for the novel? I'm just wondering because I saw some youngsters in the audience, and the abundance of sex and nudity was absurd.

Back
Top Bottom